Trenton Peabody 2021

PeabodyPride

2 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Almost all skill players on offense ,we have 36 10 th graders,most of which played and or started. Mr Football and his twin are back,our 6'5 sopomore reciever is back along with out other reciever Mr Key . Line will have stud anchors back and Willfork will be back on D Line for his senior season,no drop off if any in talent next year.

38 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

Defense will be stout again.  We will have a huge line.  Average about 260.  A little smaller than this year but 260 in 1A or 2A is huge.  Someone said Meigs, Trousdale and Peabody were the biggest lines they saw all year in their classifications.  We were bigger than Milan (3A) and just as big or bigger than Oak Ridge and Summit (5A) in spots.  Braxton Johnson was one of the most active D-linemen I saw all weekend!

I’m thinking if we have 7v7 next year we will be passing more with driggers getting more experience. What do y’all think ? 

42 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

Defense will be stout again.  We will have a huge line.  Average about 260.  A little smaller than this year but 260 in 1A or 2A is huge.  Someone said Meigs, Trousdale and Peabody were the biggest lines they saw all year in their classifications.  We were bigger than Milan (3A) and just as big or bigger than Oak Ridge and Summit (5A) in spots.  Braxton Johnson was one of the most active D-linemen I saw all weekend!

I don’t know if y’all saw Alcoa’s line or not. But they were unbelievable. Two of their  O linemen were a combined  12ft 11in and 630lbs and have offers to a TON of major D1 schools. There was nothing that could be done with their lines on either side of ball. 

16 minutes ago, fullbackdive said:

Not sure on his number exactly, but I think it was #25. What grade is he in? He was a force off the edge on defense with this length and size.

You might be thinking about #13 Baskerville. Kid has one of the best motors I’ve seen on the field. He is every where from his D end position. He will be a senior next year 

Edited by Goldenpride

23 minutes ago, fullbackdive said:

Not sure on his number exactly, but I think it was #25. What grade is he in? He was a force off the edge on defense with this length and size.

Yeah you are thinking of Shepherd or Baskerville at defensive ends. Baskerville led the team in tackles and sacks. Teams started double teaming him toward the end of the year to slow him down. Both juniors 

Edited by Tide21

41 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

I believe that also, and Driggers will have more experience and feel with throwing the ball down field 

Next year will be the most balanced Tide team If Sam continues to build confidence,his talent is at a Mr Football level imo just needs to grow in his role ! Receiving core will be insane next year with 6'2 or taller and all very fast ! One thing we learned this year is our culture is second to none !

Edited by PeabodyPride

7 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Dang this thread has gone 5 pages without anyone insulting Huntingdon. That kind of worries me. Dont yall forget we bring almost everybody back. We will be huge with a 230 lb running back that's got the ability to wreak havoc.

He isn’t 230 pounds and peabody isn’t scared. :roflolk: in all reality Huntingdon game means nothing. Your coach didn’t run him much this year why would he next year