Red Rebull Footbawl '21

STARSNBARS

My only use for the newspaper anymore is to clean windows with because they don't leave behind any streaks. Maybe all the B.S. written inside of them has something to do with it. The Knoxville paper has been totally destroyed by no news on Saturday Morning about all the high school football games. The Daily Communist Insider at least halfway does that right but other than that and the obituaries there is nothing to read. I'll go to my parents house and the first thing my dad will say is it took me longer to walk down to the paper box and get this thing than to read it.

7 hours ago, HTV said:

The News Sentinel is nothing but Useless A Today Knoxville edition with about 4 pages of "local" news and sports added.  

To paraphrase Chuck Barkley, turrible newspaper.  Just turrible.  

It may sound cliche, but you get what you pay for. People complain about the quality of smaller newspapers, but people don't want to pay for newspapers either. Newspapers are practically giving away online access to their articles these days. It also doesn't help that journalists make peanuts. Any journalist who is talented eventually moves on to a bigger market so they can actually make a living. Small newspapers have a real problem keeping quality reporters for the long haul. It's a real problem that doesn't have any easy solutions.

Edited by TheGreatWallofAlnwick

On 8/7/2021 at 5:26 PM, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

It may sound cliche, but you get what you pay for. People complain about the quality of smaller newspapers, but people don't want to pay for newspapers either. Newspapers are practically giving away online access to their articles these days. It also doesn't help that journalists make peanuts. Any journalist who is talented eventually moves on to a bigger market so they can actually make a living. Small newspapers have a real problem keeping quality reporters for the long haul. It's a real problem that doesn't have any easy solutions.

People are getting what they Pay for , that's the Problem ... why anyone would pay money for the Daily Times or the News Sentinel now is amazing to me . Neither one is a Local paper anymore sharing the beliefs and Ideas of the majority of their readers ... like most of the media now they're more interested in pushing their radical UnAmerican agendas ... maybe if we ALL boycott these Commie papers they'll get back to caring about the thoughts and beliefs of the majority of their readers instead of pushing their Propaganda 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, pepvol said:

People are getting what they Pay for , that's the Problem ... why anyone would pay money for the Daily Times or the News Sentinel now is amazing to me . Neither one is a Local paper anymore sharing the beliefs and Ideas of the majority of their readers ... like most of the media now they're more interested in pushing their radical UnAmerican agendas ... maybe if we ALL boycott these Commie papers they'll get back to caring about the thoughts and beliefs of the majority of their readers instead of pushing their Propaganda 

Pep, if the newspapers ( Daily Times and News Sentinel) were to turn to the right wouldn't they now become a Propaganda machine for the Far Right?

I think a move to the Middle would be a better solution. Also, if people would just start thinking for themselves and not blindly follow a particular political agenda we would be better off as a Country.

While I am on the subject, the two papers piss poor coverage of local sport is not conservative or liberal but just plain laziness by Editors. The Reporters are trying to do a good job but the Editors are holding them back.

All of this is just my opinion. I have no real newspaper experience.

Pep,best of luck to Maryville. I was impressed with the Red Rebels' professional manner at the Oak Ridge scrimmage. Playing you guys has to have made us a better team.

12 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Pep, if the newspapers ( Daily Times and News Sentinel) were to turn to the right wouldn't they now become a Propaganda machine for the Far Right?

I think a move to the Middle would be a better solution. Also, if people would just start thinking for themselves and not blindly follow a particular political agenda we would be better off as a Country.

While I am on the subject, the two papers piss poor coverage of local sport is not conservative or liberal but just plain laziness by Editors. The Reporters are trying to do a good job but the Editors are holding them back.

All of this is just my opinion. I have no real newspaper experience.

Pep,best of luck to Maryville. I was impressed with the Red Rebels' professional manner at the Oak Ridge scrimmage. Playing you guys has to have made us a better team.

I didn't say anything about moving to the far right , just quit being far left on every subject that came up ... just like a referee , if I can tell your politics ( who you're pulling for )  as a newspaper , Journalist , teacher , coach , or whatever , then you're not doing your job right . I have no problem whatsoever with a move to the middle in Everything in our life now . Good luck to you guys too Willie , I'll be pulling for you guys to go all the way !

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

You might think the people of Knoxville would raise all kinds of ale about how bad it has become. Someone needs to organize a downtown march called the KN Sports Page Sucks. It amazes me how a company like Gannett continues to buy up papers and run them into the ground.

Thank goodness for Jesse Smithey and 5 Star Preps

• Upvote 2