2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

PiRaTe._.MiKe

rlh - scratch what I just poasted - this thread has gone so far down a rabbit hole it really does not matter. BTW if you want to know who Roy is you can give a 12 year old who can code a c-note and he will trace the IP back and give you a name, address, poasting device, blood type and if they have had their 2nd vaccine shot.........

10 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

rlh - scratch what I just poasted - this thread has gone so far down a rabbit hole it really does not matter. BTW if you want to know who Roy is you can give a 12 year old who can code a c-note and he will trace the IP back and give you a name, address, poasting device, blood type and if they have had their 2nd vaccine shot.........

Unless it’s a proxy or static IP

It’s true the adults ruin it for the kids. Instigators on here and on social media have further divided fans of both communities. Like I stated earlier I have some great friends that are alumni at MC and still live there that are phenomenal people. It would be great if both communities could work together and do some new things here but until people get past this football rivalry it’s not going to happen. I think in the long run people will get over it. 

Also a statement I made earlier digging up the past I shouldn’t have made it. It was intentional dig back at a few posters and looking back at it looks as if I was trying to throw somebody back under the bus. That was def not my intentions at all. That person is a lifelong friend and me even bringing it up was pretty insensitive and I apologize for that. Hopefully both teams move fwd and are highly successful and both can represent Chattanooga come December for first time since 1994. 

Oh and btw that 3rd game is green lit and it’s gonna be a big one

• Like 2

On 4/12/2021 at 10:55 PM, PurplePower68 said:

We all have our opinions I guess. I believe it has to do with what's coming in the future.

You know what they say about opinions,  everyone has one!

I'm curious about "what's coming in the future"? Can you give a time frame for "future"? I guess on the same "future" MC (yes I wrote MC) might be worried about the future, of course my future is about 9 to 10 yrs in the waiting. (Actually it starts this yr but high school is a few yrs away)

As for the new coach and games added and game dropped, kudos to Coach Jones for shaking things up. IMO, SP picked up better competition that should help later on in the season. Win or lose, better competition helps a team. 

Oh and as for this "role" MC is supposed to go on, last time I heard that was in what 08 09 season, 11 games until Alcoa ended it...bring back that "Purple Storm" catch phrase, I seem to remember OP kind of liked that one.

(No secret to who I am on the T)

Edited by CaptainJackRackam

8 hours ago, TonyHorton91281 said:

It’s true the adults ruin it for the kids. Instigators on here and on social media have further divided fans of both communities. Like I stated earlier I have some great friends that are alumni at MC and still live there that are phenomenal people. It would be great if both communities could work together and do some new things here but until people get past this football rivalry it’s not going to happen. I think in the long run people will get over it. 

Also a statement I made earlier digging up the past I shouldn’t have made it. It was intentional dig back at a few posters and looking back at it looks as if I was trying to throw somebody back under the bus. That was def not my intentions at all. That person is a lifelong friend and me even bringing it up was pretty insensitive and I apologize for that. Hopefully both teams move fwd and are highly successful and both can represent Chattanooga come December for first time since 1994. 

Oh and btw that 3rd game is green lit and it’s gonna be a big one

You are correct sir !

12 hours ago, H2Oman said:

If I were a betting man,  I would bet he will be gone in two years or less and this rivalry will be back on! 

It makes absolute 0 sense for a man of his pedigree to want to coach a 1A high school team... even if said high school is South Pittsburg!

You my friend are so wrong I can tell you that. I've been friends with Chris for over 40 years and I  can say I know him pretty well. But, you'd have to be a Pirate alumni to know why Chris wanted this job. So many people always base thing's off of money, but remember, money is not every thing. To be able to be home with your family means a lot more to some men like Chris. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, sportman said:

You my friend are so wrong I can tell you that. I've been friends with Chris for over 40 years and I  can say I know him pretty well. But, you'd have to be a Pirate alumni to know why Chris wanted this job. So many people always base thing's off of money, but remember, money is not every thing. To be able to be home with your family means a lot more to some men like Chris. 

Yeah I agree, he will retire there. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, sportman said:

I’d like to agree with you, but people like Mr. Jones who have excelled at the highest levels like challenges and live to be pushed!

I will agree with you that it may not necessarily be about the money, but if he is not being challenged then he will grow bored and people with his sort of background live to be pushed mentally and thrive on challenges / responsibilities!

Though South Pitt is a great High School that demands a lot, it certainly isn’t no where near what this man is used to dealing with.

My professional career by no means matches Mr. Jones career, but I can tell you that I myself have tried to take easier / less challenging roles  in the past and it simply does not work. I grow bored and lose interest and begin looking for tougher challenges.

Im sure in theory it sounds nice to Mr. Jones that he will have less responsibility and more time with his family, but once you’ve been to the top that’s where you want to stay!

Again I may be wrong, but I would still bet he will be gone in 2 years or less.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Umm wrong -  the Tygard man offered to come to SP first then the next year at NJ. Vic would have nothing of it.

Umm wrong on you!  Vic wasn't even the coach when North Jackwagon formed.  It was Don Grider and Danny Wilson initially trying to deal with it. Stevenson owed Don a game.  NJ actually picked Jasper initially and then dropped them when Jasper pounded them a couple of years in a row.  The stuff with Vic just added to the saga. Long before Tygard.  Phillip Lolley was the Stevenson Coach and then North Jackson from 1988 to 1998.  Guess who one of his assistant coaches was when he won the Alabama state title in 1993?  Shawn Peek was head coach at N.J. for 5 years from 2008-2012.

Edited by rlh

38 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

I’d like to agree with you, but people like Mr. Jones who have excelled at the highest levels like challenges and live to be pushed!

I will agree with you that it may not necessarily be about the money, but if he is not being challenged then he will grow bored and people with his sort of background live to be pushed mentally and thrive on challenges / responsibilities!

Though South Pitt is a great High School that demands a lot, it certainly isn’t no where near what this man is used to dealing with.

My professional career by no means matches Mr. Jones career, but I can tell you that I myself have tried to take easier / less challenging roles  in the past and it simply does not work. I grow bored and lose interest and begin looking for tougher challenges.

Im sure in theory it sounds nice to Mr. Jones that he will have less responsibility and more time with his family, but once you’ve been to the top that’s where you want to stay!

Again I may be wrong, but I would still bet he will be gone in 2 years or less.

Taking over the helm at SPHS will be a challenging roll.