2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

PiRaTe._.MiKe

6 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

Are you joking? I moved my doctors appointment for this mess.  This Jones man needs to get a copy of that Childress mans  rules.  You think im joking but im not.

That man at Piggly Wiggly told me that mess.  I'm going back there in the morning to see what else is being spread. 

46 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Question ST.Will you all play in the Jamboree?I thought that was considered a "Scrimmage" also.

From the TSSAA rule book. They call a jamboree as a “scrimmage date” and a team can have 4 scrimmages or 2 scrimmage dates ( jamborees) or 1 scrimmage date and 2 scrimmages. of course this rule is for a team operating without any disciplinary restrictions. Here’s the actual rule:

Scrimmage Rule – After the TSSAA first official day of practice in all sports other than football, a school cannot practice with or scrimmage another school until both schools have practiced a minimum of three days. After the TSSAA first official day of practice in football, a school cannot practice with or scrimmage another school until both schools have practiced in full pads a minimum of three days. A school may have a maximum of four scrimmages or two scrimmage dates or one scrimmage date and two scrimmages (A scrimmage date is defined as more than two schools scrimmaging on the same day). No tournament format of any type may be used. Scrimmages should look more like practice than games. Once a school has played their first game, there can be no more scrimmages.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I have heard next up is the Jamboree at Finley.  

Will you all be able to participate being on your probation?That would be considered a third scrimmage,or is that not correct?Jamboree is considered a controlled scrimmage so I was just wondering.

5 minutes ago, crow said:

From the TSSAA rule book. They call a jamboree as a “scrimmage date” and a team can have 4 scrimmages or 2 scrimmage dates ( jamborees) or 1 scrimmage date and 2 scrimmages. of course this rule is for a team operating without any disciplinary restrictions. Here’s the actual rule:

Scrimmage Rule – After the TSSAA first official day of practice in all sports other than football, a school cannot practice with or scrimmage another school until both schools have practiced a minimum of three days. After the TSSAA first official day of practice in football, a school cannot practice with or scrimmage another school until both schools have practiced in full pads a minimum of three days. A school may have a maximum of four scrimmages or two scrimmage dates or one scrimmage date and two scrimmages (A scrimmage date is defined as more than two schools scrimmaging on the same day). No tournament format of any type may be used. Scrimmages should look more like practice than games. Once a school has played their first game, there can be no more scrimmages.

Interesting!Thx

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

Will you all be able to participate being on your probation?That would be considered a third scrimmage,or is that not correct?Jamboree is considered a controlled scrimmage so I was just wondering.

Jamboree is counted as 2 scrimmages. You can play 4 scrimmages (your school vs. 1 other) OR 2 scrimmage dates / jamborees (your school plus 2 or more other schools) OR 1 scrimmage date ( your team plus 2 or more other teams) and 2 scrimmages (your team vs 1 other team). By this rule a 3 way scrimmage = a scrimmage date which is the equivalent of 2 scrimmages. A scrimmage date (3 way scrimmage) + a regular scrimmage = 3 scrimmages. 3 > 2 :popcorneater:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I'm thinking the 1st scrimmage counts as 1 date.  Jamboree will count as 2nd date?

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

That Jones man better call that Childress man and ask him.  You think im joking but im not.

2021-22 TSSAA Handbook Page 38 July 1, 2021 

Jamborees

Section 10.
 A member school may participate in one jamboree per sport provided (a) the jamboree is approved by the state office and is held before any of the participating schools play their first game; (b) the jamboree is sponsored by the participating schools and all proceeds go to the participating schools; (c) the jamboree is conducted in accordance with the following regulations: A. No team or participant shall play more than the equivalent of half of a game or contest. B. Registered TSSAA officials must be used. C. Schools participating in a jamboree must file the regular eligibility report (TSSAA Portal Roster) with the state office prior to participating. D. Schools must hold membership in TSSAA or membership in a Tennessee conference in order to be eligible to participate in a jamboree. (Out-of-state schools must obtain approval from their state association before participating.) E. Football schools may participate in a jamboree as early as Thursday of the week preceding the opening of football season. F. Basketball schools may participate in a jamboree one week preceding the opening of basketball season.

Participation in such a jamboree shall not count as a regular-season contest or pre-season scrimmage provided the jamboree meets the above regulations.   

• Upvote 1