2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

PiRaTe._.MiKe

7 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Yes.  1 date = 2 scrimmages.

3-way scrimmage =1 date.

Jamboree = 0.

Really. I thought any event with more than 2 teams present was defined as a scrimmage date? Don’t really matter to me. Personally I think a multiple team event is less beneficial most of the time. Just trying to understand the rule. It reads to me as a jamboree would classify as a scrimmage date. 

Edited by crow
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

2021-22 TSSAA Handbook Page 38 July 1, 2021 

Jamborees

Section 10.
 A member school may participate in one jamboree per sport provided (a) the jamboree is approved by the state office and is held before any of the participating schools play their first game; (b) the jamboree is sponsored by the participating schools and all proceeds go to the participating schools; (c) the jamboree is conducted in accordance with the following regulations: A. No team or participant shall play more than the equivalent of half of a game or contest. B. Registered TSSAA officials must be used. C. Schools participating in a jamboree must file the regular eligibility report (TSSAA Portal Roster) with the state office prior to participating. D. Schools must hold membership in TSSAA or membership in a Tennessee conference in order to be eligible to participate in a jamboree. (Out-of-state schools must obtain approval from their state association before participating.) E. Football schools may participate in a jamboree as early as Thursday of the week preceding the opening of football season. F. Basketball schools may participate in a jamboree one week preceding the opening of basketball season.

Participation in such a jamboree shall not count as a regular-season contest or pre-season scrimmage provided the jamboree meets the above regulations.   

Just saw this after my above post. That was the definition I was looking for when I found the other.  The way this reads then a jamboree doesn’t count as anything really. Kinda like a practice I guess. 

Edited by crow
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, crow said:

Really. I thought any event with more than 2 teams present was defined as a scrimmage date? Don’t really matter to me. Personally I think a multiple team event is less beneficial most of the time. Just trying to understand the rule. It reads to me as a jamboree would classify as a scrimmage date. 

Crow boy you are full of mess.  You are trying to get that Jones man in trouble with that Childress man.  Im not joking either.

1 minute ago, Roy Dillard said:

Crow boy you are full of mess.  You are trying to get that Jones man in trouble with that Childress man.  Im not joking either.

Nope I just posted that according to the rule a jamboree doesn’t appear to count so no problem. If I was interested in causing problems I’d simply call 615-741-1831 and ask for Bernie lol

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

2021-22 TSSAA Handbook Page 38 July 1, 2021 

Jamborees

Section 10.
 A member school may participate in one jamboree per sport provided (a) the jamboree is approved by the state office and is held before any of the participating schools play their first game; (b) the jamboree is sponsored by the participating schools and all proceeds go to the participating schools; (c) the jamboree is conducted in accordance with the following regulations: A. No team or participant shall play more than the equivalent of half of a game or contest. B. Registered TSSAA officials must be used. C. Schools participating in a jamboree must file the regular eligibility report (TSSAA Portal Roster) with the state office prior to participating. D. Schools must hold membership in TSSAA or membership in a Tennessee conference in order to be eligible to participate in a jamboree. (Out-of-state schools must obtain approval from their state association before participating.) E. Football schools may participate in a jamboree as early as Thursday of the week preceding the opening of football season. F. Basketball schools may participate in a jamboree one week preceding the opening of basketball season.

Participation in such a jamboree shall not count as a regular-season contest or pre-season scrimmage provided the jamboree meets the above regulations.   

Good find!

I had been wondering how this all would count up.  It’s ok.  I’m just glad we figured it out before any more mess.  Great job coaches for being on top of it.  I’d say when it was all scheduled we were thinking we had two “scrimmage dates”, regardless of how many teams were in each one.  So the EH/WC scrimmage date was 1, then the Blackman “date” would be 2, then the jamboree doesn’t count as anything.  I guess the individual teams count as 2 instead of just 1 date.  They need to really clarify that better.  

45 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

I believe the punishment was 2 scrimmages allowed which happened last week AND the jamboree which is next week.

That’s where TSSAA needs to clarify. The 3 way scrimmage counts as a scrimmage date. A scrimmage date counts as 2 scrimmages. A jamboree basically isn’t counted so your 2 scrimmages were used in 1 scrimmage date by way of the 3 way scrimmage. Sounds like someone was paying attention and canceled the other scrimmage. Heads up on their part because this is a confusing mess.