2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

PiRaTe._.MiKe

1 hour ago, Haydiboy said:

My heart drops for  the fans of South Pittsburg  I know the game means alot for your community. What your town does with its money is your towns business. But I agree with whomever asked if they would do it for a non athlete. What are they being prohibited from for the next 2 years? It's a slap in the face in the face when they reconsider turning over a playoff game in basketball where someone gets attacked, but draw the line when they someone  pays someone rent. Idk I just don't see it as an issue, do the people of South Pittsburg see it as an issue if not then it was just a jealous outsider 

It's against the rules.PERIOD.Paying rent,buying groceries is just like putting money in their hands.Should you help folks in need???OF COURSE but there are soooooo many other avenues other than the boosters.Im the one who asked if they do it for all the misfortunate folks in the city.I know the answer.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

It's against the rules.PERIOD.Paying rent,buying groceries is just like putting money in their hands.Should you help folks in need???OF COURSE but there are soooooo many other avenues other than the boosters.Im the one who asked if they do it for all the misfortunate folks in the city.I know the answer.

Transferring to play football is against the rules too 

15 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

:thumb:

5 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Transferring to play football is against the rules 

It's a good thing all the kids who transferred to SP,LC,GB,Hampton,Oneida,Peabody,Alcoa,Maryville etc,etc transferred for the education right??:roflol:

This is one that will never be challenged too many teams have them.Plus a Bona fide change off address leaves no room to challenge.

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

It's a good thing all the kids who transferred to SP,LC,GB,Hampton,Oneida,Peabody,Alcoa,Maryville etc,etc transferred for the education right??:roflol:

This is one that will never be challenged too many teams have them.Plus a Bona fide change off address leaves no room to challenge.

You nailed it...

Just now, Haydiboy said:

Just know that the survival  of some of these smaller schools lies within their success in sports. Nobody wants to lose that tradition.  I really do feel for the fans though. 

Brother they have some of the BEST I have ever met and yes I hate for those because they like me love HS school football especially one WE played for.

• Like 1

Just now, Haydiboy said:

Just know that the survival  of some of these smaller schools lies within their success in sports. Nobody wants to lose that tradition.  I really do feel for the fans though. 

For us fans that love our team and support them through thick and thin, we pray for the best. Through it all, my only concern is getting the kid eligible to play his senior season.  He deserves that regardless of whatever adult actions were taken.

1 minute ago, piratetom said:

For us fans that love our team and support them through thick and thin, we pray for the best. Through it all, my only concern is getting the kid eligible to play his senior season.  He deserves that regardless of whatever adult actions were taken.

This is the selfish part of all sports folks take but dont think about what will happen when the get found out.Im sure the kid didnt take the money but it was paid and sadly this is the outcome.

14 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

This is the selfish part of all sports folks take but dont think about what will happen when the get found out.Im sure the kid didnt take the money but it was paid and sadly this is the outcome.

Old Pirate got to wondering, If a church pays money or provides food or clothing to help out a family during a crisis in their area, is that a TSSAA violation?  Figured some of you less scared skillet head could provide insight. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Guest waitandsee10
4 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate got to wondering, If a church pays money or provides food or clothing to help out a family during a crisis in their area, is that a TSSAA violation?  Figured some of you less scared skillet head could provide insight. 

Should be no different.  The TSSAA rules are set to a point to where they can fit stuff into any and every category they want to.