Blue Cross Bowl Bids

chs1984

23 hours ago, Raider1234 said:

Traffic has become very difficult in Chatt. right now as well its terrible.

Traffic and parking are the only two drawbacks I can think of for Chattanooga, as the stadium is not on the UTC campus. I haven’t been downtown in a good while, but I’m sure they have parking decks, etc. nearby. 

2 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

Definetly  need a partner to go with for the Howard vs mcminn game next year to. Never been to Howard. 

I've done some Teachers' Staff Development at Howard. The field looked rough but I would be game to watch some Hustlin' Tiger football. Of course, it would depend on what the Oak Ridge Wildcats were doing that Friday night.

I would like to see it in Chattanooga at Finley. I think facilities wise Chattanooga is better than Cookeville. I don’t think parking will be an issue. Don’t get me wrong Cookeville has been a great host but I think Chattanooga can provide a better experience. I will say if you can get a seat at Chattanooga Brewing Company upstairs you can sit up there and watch the games. 

OK I like Murfreesboro for the following reasons.

1.  It is the exact geographical center of the state.

2.  Plenty of places to eat, sleep, and play.

3.  FREE parking and plenty of it.

4.  While trafic is now a pain in the butt for natives, it is no where as bad as it is in the cities.

5.  Stadium is big and spacious with an artificial field.

Now what is y'alls logical and not emotional reasons for your choice of location.

BTW if you want a cake selection like was shown, you only have to go about 8 blocks away from MTSU to 'Jeff's'.

1 hour ago, Lost Old Dad said:

4.  While trafic is now a pain in the butt for natives, it is no where as bad as it is in the cities.

Now what is y'alls logical and not emotional reasons for your choice of location.

BTW if you want a cake selection like was shown, you only have to go about 8 blocks away from MTSU to 'Jeff's'.

As long as Massaro is AD at MTSU, it will never be at MTSU.  The Melrose spray painting bill took care of that.

17 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

Definetly  need a partner to go with for the Howard vs mcminn game next year to. Never been to Howard. 

Howard is actually a good trip, they have brand new facility, and the folks are some of the best. From easy parking and access to the concession stand, everyone was great. It was one of our best road trips last year.

9 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Walking distance for hotels and restaurants can't be better than Vanderbilt at any of the mentioned cities.   Would love to see it come to Clarksville but size of stadium will be a factor and Johnny's is the only place to eat within walking distance and currently no hotel within walking distance. 

1 hour ago, sheppy said:

Walking distance for hotels and restaurants can't be better than Vanderbilt at any of the mentioned cities.   Would love to see it come to Clarksville but size of stadium will be a factor and Johnny's is the only place to eat within walking distance and currently no hotel within walking distance. 

The only reason why Murfreesboro doesn’t want it is because money cannot be made.  It is geographically located to where overnight stays aren’t necessary.  Oh how I wish it would come back to the Boro.

Let’s get with the times. Many states rotate their championship game sites and this would be a welcome change by most fans across the state. 

Rotate between the 3 Cs- Cookeville, Clarksville, and Chattanooga. These three cities have shown interest in hosting.

Neyland and Nissan Stadium are not viable options. Once MLS stadium is built there may be some interest and West Tennessee really doesn’t have a facility besides UT-Martin.

13 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

I liked Murfreesboro better than the other two venues as well.