Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2021-22

mas1821

39 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I would love to see GC and Loretto play.  That would be a great matchup.  I saw both teams play this fall at the play days in Lebanon/Independence.  

You didn’t happen to see the Gibson County Upperman game there did you in Lebanon?? That was a heavyweight war. Gibson County, Westview, Loretto and Summertown all have to go through each other in sub-state to get to Murfreesboro if all advance. I will say this. These are four of the best girls basketball programs in the state and have been very consistent for a while. I will be shocked if at least one of them is not playing for the title. Shame Gibson County and Loretto didn’t get to play each other in the Final Four in 2020. I am enjoying the season. After the debacle at state and getting sent home in 2020 and missing some of last years games they are going to have to run me out of gyms. I ain’t missing no games if I am healthy. Win or lose I am going to enjoy them. Having family that got sent home in 2020 I have learned to live 1 day at a time and enjoy it. 

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, mas1821 said:

lil brazier is also good for Summertown.  Their freshmen got a lot of playing time tonight vs Hickman Co, and they have a bunch of young talent.

With Loretto beating Lawrence Co (a team that would possibly be top 5 in AA, definitely top 10) by 33 points, we definitely have a bulls eye on our back for our intra county and neighboring county rivals.

I wish Gibson Co, Westview, Summertown, & Loretto all played in the same Christmas Tourney!  lol

Summertown very up and down - good games very good bad games very bad - got to get more consistent come tournament time or could be short stay but on other hand could put a big name program home early 

11 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

You didn’t happen to see the Gibson County Upperman game there did you in Lebanon?? That was a heavyweight war. Gibson County, Westview, Loretto and Summertown all have to go through each other in sub-state to get to Murfreesboro if all advance. I will say this. These are four of the best girls basketball programs in the state and have been very consistent for a while. I will be shocked if at least one of them is not playing for the title. Shame Gibson County and Loretto didn’t get to play each other in the Final Four in 2020. I am enjoying the season. After the debacle at state and getting sent home in 2020 and missing some of last years games they are going to have to run me out of gyms. I ain’t missing no games if I am healthy. Win or lose I am going to enjoy them. Having family that got sent home in 2020 I have learned to live 1 day at a time and enjoy it. 

No I watched the GC vs Oakland game.   And I saw Loretto play a few games.  I like the way GC plays.  Fun team to watch.   They get after it.   And Loretto is VERY good.  I think that matchup would be a battle.

1 hour ago, LadyCavsFan said:

No I watched the GC vs Oakland game.   And I saw Loretto play a few games.  I like the way GC plays.  Fun team to watch.   They get after it.   And Loretto is VERY good.  I think that matchup would be a battle.

GC is very fortunate to have a coach like Coach Wilkins. The effort he gets out of his players is off the charts. His motto is “you gotta have heart” and that is what they say after every huddle. They are not as talented as a lot of teams but man they get after it. Thanks for the compliment. Win or lose we are going to play hard and have fun. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mas1821 said:

Summertown isn't the same team as the past 2 years, but they're still capable of playing with anyone.  Still press, still quick, still have great post play, and still have good perimeter shooting.  The recording of Summertown vs Wayne County is on X Sports...

I haven't seen them live yet, but have watched 3 recordings of them.  I honestly don't see Wayne Co beating McKenzie on any night, but anything can happen.  Summertown is the type of team that can beat anyone in AA at their best, but I don't see them playing with Loretto like they have the past few years.  But could Summertown pull an upset against Loretto, it's definitely possible.  Could they host or travel and beat a Gibson Co or a Westview at Substate to make state..  Definitely possible.. but if they do that, I don't see them putting that many games together to make it back to the championship game.  They have a LOT of youth.  Now, in 1-2 more years, they could easily be back to elite if they continue developing talent the way they have in the past!

But, who knows, they may go off the rails and surprise me.  At this point in the season, the gap between Loretto and Summertown is as large as it has been in recent memory (but we know that means nothing come tourney time when heart, lack of injuries, & coaching plays a major role in deciding games).

If Summertown is young, then the Lady Eagles could definitely be one of those teams that improves throughout the season.  And in looking at the results of Loretto so far, it really seems that the Lady Mustangs have somehow gotten even better than last year’s state championship team.  

As for Wayne County, I’ll have to watch the Summertown game on the outlet you described.  I normally catch the games on NFHS but there aren’t of the Lady Cats on there as of yet.

18 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

"Gibson County, Westview, Loretto and Summertown." Gatlinburg-Pittman is wedged in at #4, among these teams. If the creeks don't rise, I'll be on South Greene's Rebel Hill to watch the games with GP. Gatlinburg is never a team to take lightly. South Greene girls are experiencing some growing pains. Still, this should be a good game. I'll give you a report tomorrow night. 

12 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

"Gibson County, Westview, Loretto and Summertown." Gatlinburg-Pittman is wedged in at #4, among these teams. If the creeks don't rise, I'll be on South Greene's Rebel Hill to watch the games with GP. Gatlinburg is never a team to take lightly. South Greene girls are experiencing some growing pains. Still, this should be a good game. I'll give you a report tomorrow night. 

We played Gatlinburg Pittman this summer at MTSU. They have a good team and will be in the title mix late in the year, IMO. 

17 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

We played Gatlinburg Pittman this summer at MTSU. They have a good team and will be in the title mix late in the year, IMO. 

On this side, if Im not mistaken, McMinn Cerntral, Alcoa, and Gatlinburg Pittman will knock at least one out in sub-state.  These are, in my opinion, the best here.  McMinn Central is not playing their best ball right now, but beating decent teams.

9 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

On this side, if Im not mistaken, McMinn Cerntral, Alcoa, and Gatlinburg Pittman will knock at least one out in sub-state.  These are, in my opinion, the best here.  McMinn Central is not playing their best ball right now, but beating decent teams.

No doubt McMinn Central is year end year out always in the mix. I know they are good from what I have heard. It is early. We all have some improving to do. I would guess that Districts 1-4 and Region 1 and 2 will get 2 teams to Murfreesboro. Just a guess.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

No doubt McMinn Central is year end year out always in the mix. I know they are good from what I have heard. It is early. We all have some improving to do. I would guess that Districts 1-4 and Region 1 and 2 will get 2 teams to Murfreesboro. Just a guess.

No, Central is good.  GP is a bit of a surprise.  Alcoa is better than most think.  

On 12/5/2021 at 3:07 PM, thetruth1 said:

If Summertown is young, then the Lady Eagles could definitely be one of those teams that improves throughout the season.  And in looking at the results of Loretto so far, it really seems that the Lady Mustangs have somehow gotten even better than last year’s state championship team.  

As for Wayne County, I’ll have to watch the Summertown game on the outlet you described.  I normally catch the games on NFHS but there aren’t of the Lady Cats on there as of yet.

https://fb.watch/9KQe4VXdK2/

There's the Summertown/Wayne Co game.