Trenton Peabody @ Dyersburg

GrumpyBulldog

7 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Lake county is a region game  Dyersburg isn’t and doesn’t matter. Does that make sense to you when I break it down ? 

Look dude, Bolton called Dyersburg and said they can’t play due to Covid. Dyersburg wins the game via forfeit. Same situation with LC/Peabody (Peabody already won) and the same situation goes for the whole entire state of Tennessee. Dyersburg won’t play Friday night, but they defeated Bolton. There’s the breakdown.

7 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Look dude, Bolton called Dyersburg and said they can’t play due to Covid. Dyersburg wins the game via forfeit. Same situation with LC/Peabody (Peabody already won) and the same situation goes for the whole entire state of Tennessee. Dyersburg won’t play Friday night, but they defeated Bolton. There’s the breakdown.

I figured Peabody would schedule Covington this week since they play dyersburg later this season, that’s if they didn’t take the week off

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

I’m theory yes but look at like this

PHS 376

week 1 -1A Peabody 4A milan 692

week 2 1A Peabody vs 3A well 2A by a few Westview  603

dburg 819

how many schools would be able to really compete with the biggest 3A school in the state 1 or 2 kids below the cut off ! It’s not fear it’s common sense to me, we cannot handle the injuries of thre schools twice to three times our size 3 Games in a row ! Some will disagree but I wouldn’t play either ! Just a humble opinion

We have nothing to prove.  Let the big schools look for the big schools.  We scheduled Dyersburg, but under these circumstances, it would be wiser to play the game that means more.  Why don't Dyersburg look for Libscomb?  We don't run from anyone.  Dyersburg was once on our schedule.  We have a lot of respect for that program.  If we beat Dyersburg, people will say Dyersburg did not have enough practice time, but if they beat Peabody, people will say they should.  Why?  Over 800 students compared to over 300.  Let them play next year.  This doe not hurt Peabody or the Trogans.  

20 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I'm not sure Dyersburg would beat Trenton.Trenton isn't Dyer Co.

We would  surely  compete.  The problem is 3 weeks in a row.  We did not make the schedule out like that.  That would be murder.  Dyersburg played a cupcake last week and are well rested with much more depth.  If we had 3 more weeks to prepare for this game, it would make more since.  We are giving LC this game because they deserve it.

3 minutes ago, Wediditagain said:

We would  surely  compete.  The problem is 3 weeks in a row.  We did not make the schedule out like that.  That would be murder.  Dyersburg played a cupcake last week and are well rested with much more depth.  If we had 3 more weeks to prepare for this game, it would make more since.  We are giving LC this game because they deserve it.

Blah blah blah. When you win 40 in a row you should want to play the best. You should be mad about game being canceled and not making excuses 

Edited by Trojan
  • Upvote 1

What a foolish comment. This isn’t travel baseball when you show up and play year round whenever you want. There are a set number of games these kids, these seniors will ever get to play and to take one away for selfish reasons is bush league at best. I’m sure the Trenton kids wanted to play but it’s usually not the kids that ruin things, it’s the adults. The ones that make and break deals to fit their own narrative. Great lesson To teach our young men. Pat yourselves on the back. An excuse is just an excuse!

Everybody wants to play Peabody if they think they can win.  We are  not saying we would lose to Dburg.  We have been the best small school in the state over the last 3 years.  We take pride in that.  We beat who we are suppose to beat.  What is your history Dyersburg.  This is not intended for disrespect

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

Blah blah blah

1 minute ago, Dadofmandingo said:

What a foolish comment. This isn’t travel baseball when you show up and play year round whenever you want. There are a set number of games these kids, these seniors will ever get to play and to take one away for selfish reasons is bush league at best. I’m sure the Trenton kids wanted to play but it’s usually not the kids that ruin things, it’s the adults. The ones that make and break deals to fit their own narrative. Great lesson To teach our young men. Pat yourselves on the back. An excuse is just an excuse!

There was a game lost on Peabody’s schedule regardless