Week 8- Oak Ridge @ Greenville

CardinalGrey

5 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I’m actually pleased too. Never thought I’d say that after a 35-9 loss, but it’s true.

Did anybody catch the stats on the radio.I think our Oline played better which aint saying much but we got better as game went on.I was wondering if we broke 100 yds rushing.We had to be close but wish we would find ways to get Heyward the ball.He showed 1st game just how good he is if you give him a chance and since 1st game its like we quit trying to throw him anything but screens or 4 yd outs.I would give him 3 plus deep balls a game and let him play QB some.I think Rogers is another weapon if we can find some pass plays that work.I know Oline has been really bad but also need QB to step it up.For some reason I feel more hopeful about the offense so maybe this change mid yr will pay off.

38 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Not Yet! We have to play the game...lol...No seriously Noones next year Greeneville will go back to the Greeneville we always remember. And it will be a while before Greene makes a run. But you have had a good run...

Oh the 90’s, forgot about those days. You all kept the letter jacket and we put that past behind us winning 4 state titles in five finals. Favored this year whether we win it or not.

7 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Did anybody catch the stats on the radio.I think our Oline played better which aint saying much but we got better as game went on.I was wondering if we broke 100 yds rushing.We had to be close but wish we would find ways to get Heyward the ball.He showed 1st game just how good he is if you give him a chance and since 1st game its like we quit trying to throw him anything but screens or 4 yd outs.I would give him 3 plus deep balls a game and let him play QB some.I think Rogers is another weapon if we can find some pass plays that work.I know Oline has been really bad but also need QB to step it up.For some reason I feel more hopeful about the offense so maybe this change mid yr will pay off.

Oak Ridge ended up with 112 yards rushing on 36 attempts with 105 coming in the 2nd half.  The 2nd half both teams kept chewing up the clock mainly running the ball and each found the endzone once.

Cool stat for the Game Greeneville's Gudger passed Dustin Moore for third place in overall yards for a career.  He will need to put up around 150 a game and Greeneville make a deep run to break the all time record held by Brigham Lyons.  He had 194 yards rushing last night

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Boy that running back was FAST don't think I have ever seen anybody go like him. And agile you had to tackle him and then lay on him to get him on the ground. We sat between the Greeneville coaches Dad and two DB scouts, interesting night. The coaches Dad said everybody else had given up by the half and Oak Ridge didn't. He was impressed. Someone said you needed to act like you had done it before  ... well 1 and 21 for them need a lesson in that. Both took what I would call "cheap shots".  And were smart ####, and run their mouths all night.

59 and 75 got WILDCAT WHOOP #### t-shirts.

WILDCAT PRIDE 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Don't let them fool you sweet when they win of course there sweet...no pun .. but when they lose they are nasty... Does anyone know Devilman he was mean even when they won...so that says it all for Greeneville... 

I'll admit that I'd rather see my team win but if they don't, I can accept it and congratulate the other team.Every fan base has good and bad folks representing their team . That's sports and I doubt it will ever change. Shoot, it's the same with anything that humans are involved with .

• Like 1

Batman everybody was very friendly last night and we enjoyed the trip over to Greeneville. Well except the football team they were kinda mean to our "little fellers" as someone from Murvil  would say. We even ate at a place out on 11E called "Harvest" and it will be worth a road trip just to eat there again. Hope if The Green Devils come to "The Ship" next year we can be as hospitable and make them feel welcome. Maybe even let em go to Big Ed's. 

11 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Don't let them fool you sweet when they win of course there sweet...no pun .. but when they lose they are nasty... Does anyone know Devilman he was mean even when they won...so that says it all for Greeneville... 

Devilman was mean to because every year it's the same song and story and it never happens.  There is no love loss between AC and Greeneville especially after the sign that read "We don't play daddy ball around here" referring to Caine and Cade Ballard and someone from AC sending a Fax to Greeneville High stating "Enjoy your Thanksgiving at Home this year".  You poked a bear there and had a running clock to start the 2nd half after beating up on no body during the regular season with both teams coming into that game at 12-0

Here is a little reminder

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Devilman was mean to because every year it's the same song and story and it never happens.  There is no love loss between AC and Greeneville especially after the sign that read "We don't play daddy ball around here" referring to Caine and Cade Ballard and someone from AC sending a Fax to Greeneville High stating "Enjoy your Thanksgiving at Home this year".  You poked a bear there and had a running clock to start the 2nd half after beating up on no body during the regular season with both teams coming into that game at 12-0

THE ULTIMATE MIC DROP FOR MAVSINFLIGHT! BOOM!!!!!!

37 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Yeah.  That wasn't a wise move.  One of those things that wasn't thought out very well before it was executed.  

• Upvote 2