Sub State: who you got?

WestTNHoopsFan

Peabody at MASE - Peabody is a wreck right now with all that is happening with the kid leaving the team - I have MASE

MAHS at Middleton - I have Middleton here - they may win it.

Bolivar at Mitchell - Bolivar easy

Power Center at Douglas - Douglas by as much as they want

Gibson County at Summertown - I have Gibson County - their big guy can be trouble

Fariview at Milan - I have Milan - they just keep getting better and better - Coach James has done a great job

South Side at MLK - South Side is going to destroy MLK

Portland at North Side - I have North Side but closer than many think

Bolton at Ripley - I have Bolton in the upset

Crockett County at Fayette Ware - I have Fayette Ware by ever how many they want 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Peabody at MASE - Peabody is a wreck right now with all that is happening with the kid leaving the team - I have MASE

Gibson County at Summertown - I have Gibson County - their big guy can be trouble

Fariview at Milan - I have Milan - they just keep getting better and better - Coach James has done a great job

Crockett County at Fayette Ware - I have Fayette Ware by ever how many they want 

MASE, Middleton, Mitchell, Douglass, Summertown, Milan, South Side, North Side, Ripley, FW.

16 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

I hope Milan can pull it out. And yes coach James has done a fantastic job. Good luck tonight Dawgs!! Sweep the leg… no mercy!!!

image.gif.c7f2cd2d921a22c452884986f42066f3.gif

2 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

From the outside, Peabody looks like a mess, but it was a 2 point game against Middleton halfway through the 4th quarter the other night. Peabody was at the line to tie the game, but missed both free throws  and Middleton scored Peabody missed a shot then Middleton hit a 3 and that was the ballgame. Peabody held RJ to 11 points and their defense was phenomenal. I actually think Peabody will pull it out tonight. It is just probably wishful thinking but addition by subtraction. They have had some good practices and guys have figured out their new roles. I am not going to bash a kid on here, but what happened was the best for this team and program moving forward. 

3 hours ago, thunderbolts said:

From the outside, Peabody looks like a mess, but it was a 2 point game against Middleton halfway through the 4th quarter the other night. Peabody was at the line to tie the game, but missed both free throws  and Middleton scored Peabody missed a shot then Middleton hit a 3 and that was the ballgame. Peabody held RJ to 11 points and their defense was phenomenal. I actually think Peabody will pull it out tonight. It is just probably wishful thinking but addition by subtraction. They have had some good practices and guys have figured out their new roles. I am not going to bash a kid on here, but what happened was the best for this team and program moving forward. 

I'm not sold on the idea that Peabody is a wreck either. Lots of unknowns immediately after "losing" a player...kids have to figure out who steps up and fills which void, whether on offense or defense. After playing an opponent like Middleton (won't see better), they probably have that down. I know nothing about what kind of teammate Hunt was, so won't go there but I doubt seriously that Peabody will have to play with a kid that isn't capable of competing at a high level. MASE is a really good athletic team, so I'm not surprised if they win, but I'm not at all shocked if Peabody knocks them off.

3 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I'm not sold on the idea that Peabody is a wreck either. Lots of unknowns immediately after "losing" a player...kids have to figure out who steps up and fills which void, whether on offense or defense. After playing an opponent like Middleton (won't see better), they probably have that down. I know nothing about what kind of teammate Hunt was, so won't go there but I doubt seriously that Peabody will have to play with a kid that isn't capable of competing at a high level. MASE is a really good athletic team, so I'm not surprised if they win, but I'm not at all shocked if Peabody knocks them off.

Peabody won 52-44 in OT

Middleton Lost to MAHS 53-49