Hardaway Busted! East should vacate titles

UCSportsFan

"Since you care so much about secondary sports in Memphis/Shelby County you should move here and run for office. You had nothing to say this year at all because you had no rumors to build your bias on. I bet you thanked God in your nightly prayers that no team from Memphis/Shelby County won a title this year. "

On 3/30/2022 at 9:56 AM, warmachine7954 said:

Don't try to get out of it. Mine was a tounge in cheek jab that I've made at you before. 

You're the one that brought current politics into the conversation.

On 3/31/2022 at 1:46 PM, warmachine7954 said:

Telling someone to run for office isn't bringing up politics. That's telling someone to run for office. Then you later state well yes Running for office is Political

Blaming me for him stepping through "the door" is like blaming the victim for the crime. Get out of here with that stuff. 

"My comment has nothing to do with him replying. 

My comment, which I've made before, was a statement telling him if he wanted to make a change then he should run for office. Yes, running for a local government office is political."

Once again you were the one that brought up Politics and one min you said you didn't and the next you stated differently.  If you would have not brought up Politics you would't have gotten a Political reply.  Can you help what he said no, but once again your statement prompted his reply.

On 4/4/2022 at 10:21 AM, warmachine7954 said:

Each school in Shelby County has a zone. The issue is Knoxville, Nashville, and Memphis are urban areas have a ton of schools. Small rural or suburban areas don't have many if any choices beyond 1-3 schools. The municipal schools in Shelby County, Bartlett, Germantown, Arlington, and Collierville allow transfers from outside their districts. People in more populated areas are at the mercy of their zoned school as far as CTE class offerings and alternative programs. Not all schools can offer all things so kids transfer where those things are offered. 

No one says anything about a student that wants to study automotive repair, welding, computer programing, etc... that transfers. It's only athletes. Same with college. Computer whiz gets hired by Apple at 16 and never goes to college no one bats an eye. If he's 17 and can go pro and skip college to play baseball then everyone has an opinion.

Rules?  Who needs them right?  Why would any society think rules are needed!?!

• 4 months later...
On 3/27/2022 at 9:09 AM, UCSportsFan said:

As we all knew, Hardaway was illegally recruiting at Memphis East. NCAA is coming down hard on him and the University of Memphis for what he did as a high school coach. Wiseman wasn’t the only one that transferred illegally. T$$AA should take a page out of the NCAA’s playbook and at the very least vacate ALL titles won while Hardaway was on the bench. How many other kids dreams were dashed because of the underhanded dealings of this coaching staff?  All in the name of winning at all costs!  Chickens are coming home to roost now!  

Word came down today...East forfeits every game Wiseman played in, including the championship. Also fined $15,000.00 for their knowledge of playing an ineligible player. No word whether their opponent will be recognized as state champion, or just be left vacant. Just for clarification, Wiseman was ruled ineligible because Hardaway paid expenses for the family's move, and other cash expenditures to the family.

On 4/4/2022 at 10:21 AM, warmachine7954 said:

No one says anything about a student that wants to study automotive repair, welding, computer programing, etc... that transfers. It's only athletes.

Automotive repair, welding, nor computer programming have a sanctioning body that sponsors a state championship. East paid a fee to join TSSAA, and agreed to abide by their policies and regulations, which forbid any/all monetary payments for participation. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/28/2022 at 3:38 PM, UCSportsFan said:

So basically he cheated to win and you just sidestep the illegal part and say… well the only reason is etc… bottom line he CHEATED TO WIN! Last time I checked that was against the rules but I guess that’s irrelevant to you?  You mentioned the fact that I didn’t say anything this year, no rumors… there’s a reason for that. They all sat out last year so by the rules they could LEGALLY play for any team they wanted to. See how that works?  As for running for office, I’m afraid any county that voted for this moron of a president and idiotic VP we have wouldn’t like me too much. 

This is 2022 in America rules don’t matter feelings and thought policing is what is important, sadly !

It is the norm these days. Whether it is UT handing out cash in McDonalds bags, Penny giving  $11,000 to help James family moving expenses. Even in your local small towns people are getting jobs and other financial advantages to relocate. You have people adopting or taking in poor kids so they can stay focused on sports. When is the last time you seen someone help out a kid that couldn't hit a jumper or throw a pass? Or what about the 2-3 dads that have the 3 most athletic kids  team up and coach together so they dominate the local rec league.  Wherever you look you will find an  adult  trying to get that extra edge to win a ball game. Winning is only important if it manages to teach our youth a valuable lesson. We are teaching our kids win at all cost no matter what.

On 4/1/2022 at 7:30 PM, UCSportsFan said:

Let me be crystal clear. Nothing you said “made” me do anything. I’m responsible for my actions. However when you decided to make a political statement that opened the door for me to comment in kind.  I stand by what I said. No county that voted for this White House would like my views so me running for a political office there, would be futile. How about all of us people that actually work for a living have a show of hands if we like paying 4.25 a gallon at the gas pump!  Back to the topic!  If T$$AA is going to have any credibility at all they will strip East of every title they won under Hardaway. He cheated the entire time he was there. I WILL agree he didn’t bring Wiseman to Memphis to win a state title. It was as you stated to parlay that into the U of M job. 

Did Shelby County vote for the current White House?  

In 2016, running against Hillary Clinton, Trump received 72 percent of the county’s vote, and that number held true four years later in his bid for reelection.

Taking on former Vice President Joe Biden, Trump received 69.41 percent of the vote, or 79,428 votes, while Biden received 28.87 percent, or 33,036 votes.

On 9/7/2022 at 9:35 AM, RexKwonDo said:

It is the norm these days. Whether it is UT handing out cash in McDonalds bags, Penny giving  $11,000 to help James family moving expenses. Even in your local small towns people are getting jobs and other financial advantages to relocate. You have people adopting or taking in poor kids so they can stay focused on sports. When is the last time you seen someone help out a kid that couldn't hit a jumper or throw a pass? Or what about the 2-3 dads that have the 3 most athletic kids  team up and coach together so they dominate the local rec league.  Wherever you look you will find an  adult  trying to get that extra edge to win a ball game. Winning is only important if it manages to teach our youth a valuable lesson. We are teaching our kids win at all cost no matter what.

I work in education. I see superheroes called teachers help all kids everyday. Not just the athletic ones. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE