Enrollment Numbers

2 hours ago, Salem said:

In the past regions were set for 4 years unless a school had a large increase or decrease in enrollment (20%?). Is that what they are doing now?

Or are they using these new numbers to go back to the drawing board and completely realign?  Could some teams like Giles County be moved from East to West where they belong? Will Marshall County's region still have 8 teams? 

My guess is they use the numbers coming out and everything is 2 years now instead of 4. Basketball is the thing that is jacked up something terrible with 3 and 4 team Districts but they aren’t going to change it because of the money. Football I think scheduling is tough too. They are not going to take money out of their pockets even if it is 1 team in a District. They don’t care. 

On 8/24/2022 at 8:04 AM, wholder said:

I'd be willing to bet City will move up a classification when the official numbers come out. I saw them several times last year and have a large number of players dressed out compared to other 1A teams. Plus all the LC kids want to go there

They were like 20 kids away from the current number def see them moving up. They do have a large amount dressed out but its football town and winning brings more kids out but other sports such as baseball struggles to even field a team. They don't pull any kids from LC lol that's pretty obvious I'll let you decipher that.  

1 hour ago, Salem said:

FC would be an upgrade for Region 5-2A if they move up and stay west. 1A has been better than 2A for years in football. 

It will be better than seeing them blow the likes of huntland, collinwood, and wayne co type of teams out. City will take a slight decline after this year they lose a ton of size and speed.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Indian said:

https://tssaa.org/fall-2022-enrollments-report

Enrollments being turned in but none made public yet. I still don't know if they'll take all the teams and divide as in the past 2 seasons or just move up 20 percent changes, if those changes are enough to drop or rise. 

There are several teams still missing off this list.