Murphy Fair

fredjones

3 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Bottom line is, Murphy took the leap. People can criticize the content all they like, there was a statewide HS football magazine because Murphy put it together and for no other reason than that. Now that it has been established that it will sell, and that people actually enjoy reading about teams,  traditions, players, and coaches other than local, there'll probably always be one and maybe others, but they're there because Murphy laid the groundwork. Roy said he had the nicest pole in Tennessee as well.

You know I started a weekly West TN pole this last year. I tried to show it Roy several times but he wouldn’t look at it. Murphy didn’t have nothing on my pole. 

On 7/3/2022 at 11:39 AM, howdoitknow said:

Murphy Fair did a lot of great things for high school football across the state of TN for such a long period of time.  Donovan Stewart does an amazing job covering high school football as well.  Instead of criticizing and trying to throw shade at Murphy Fair for what he knew/didn’t know perhaps you should be appreciative of the good things he did to promote high school football and young people across the state for so many years.  

Happy Retirement Murphy!  Hope to catch you at a game sometime.  

Great post, Murphy has given so much to HS football. Thank you for Murphy and all that you have done to promote HS football. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You know I started a weekly West TN pole this last year. I tried to show it Roy several times but he wouldn’t look at it. Murphy didn’t have nothing on my pole. 

Roy has always been VERY fond of Murphy's pole BPM...I wouldn't take it as a slight that he thought murphy had the best pole around.

5 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Bottom line is, Murphy took the leap. People can criticize the content all they like, there was a statewide HS football magazine because Murphy put it together and for no other reason than that. Now that it has been established that it will sell, and that people actually enjoy reading about teams,  traditions, players, and coaches other than local, there'll probably always be one and maybe others, but they're there because Murphy laid the groundwork. Roy said he had the nicest pole in Tennessee as well.

Roy was right, and so are you. I got the opportunity to speak with him for a while, and he was about the nicest guy I have ever met. He truly was passionate about his work. There will be a void now the he is retiring. 

1 hour ago, ManOfMillions said:

Roy was right, and so are you. I got the opportunity to speak with him for a while, and he was about the nicest guy I have ever met. He truly was passionate about his work. There will be a void now the he is retiring. 

Murphy is working on a different sort of book now...while he is "retiring" from doing his annual assessment of HS football teams in order to spend more time with family, he is also compiling stories from various coaches and others associated with HS football into book form. Hopefully it will be out soon!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Roy has always been VERY fond of Murphy's pole BPM...I wouldn't take it as a slight that he thought murphy had the best pole around.

Since Murph has retired his pole, Roy is looking for a new best pole.  Sonny Moore may be in the running. 

On 7/7/2022 at 10:23 PM, ManOfMillions said:

I only met him once, but it was a pleasure.