Union City Golden Tornadoes welcome Huntingdon to Tornado Alley

Tornado82

34 minutes ago, Primetime1 said:

I got confirmation that the young guys played the second half. Didn't want to risk injury or run up score. Probably will do the same this week at Houston County. I was told they were going to state their JV team on Friday night. 

14 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I was told by other coaches that were there scouting that this was not the case. Westview played their starters the entire game. 

Ripley puts all their games on YouTube under Americanmaster photography. So who has the better sources?

3 hours ago, Primetime1 said:

I think it will be close but UC speed is the difference in this game. All there backs are healthy. But should be a good one!

I think I agree as well. UC has the slight edge with their athletes. Both teams have a pretty good chance of representing the West this year, but I will say UC wins 1A and Huntingdon wins 2A next year. Both teams are young and rolling.

5 minutes ago, Waker said:

In the past, UC hasn’t thrown it around much. What about this year? 

Anything is possible. Who knows what UC will bring out this week. All I know is they will be ready for a physical game. They are built on strength and hard nose hitting and running. I believe their defense is often over looked but believe it or not they are the heart and soul of this years team. In all but one game the defense has put on a clinic. I look for the defense to win this game for UC by getting key hard fought stops.

UC and Huntingdon is a match made in heck.  Meaning somebody gonna get the heck beat out of them.  Its a toss up for sure. I have seen both.  UC line is better and their backs are evenly matched.  Huntingdon can not blitz every play like they did on Trenton.  darn I can't call this one.  i would like to sneak a peak at this one.  Will it be online?

4 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

UC and Huntingdon is a match made in heck.  Meaning somebody gonna get the heck beat out of them.  Its a toss up for sure. I have seen both.  UC line is better and their backs are evenly matched.  Huntingdon can not blitz every play like they did on Trenton.  darn I can't call this one.  i would like to sneak a peak at this one.  Will it be online?

Enjoy fellers, 2 Great teams. I'm a little biased to Huntingdon. 

So, this game isn't just for second place. It's for whoever doesn't want to go to Memphis potentially for two straight weeks (assuming they win round one). Winner will host the first round, and likely will travel to Martin for the second round game. 

When I look at Union City, the 19 points scored on USJ and the 20 points scored on Westview worries me a little. They've been able to score TD's on all the other opponents, which are pretty bad. Huntingdon has been able to score more on opponents that are better than what Union City has been able to do against their opponents. 41 and 42 on Peabody and Milan respectively, and 33 on Riverside. They been able to get into the 30's. 

The good news for Union City, they basically had 3 weeks to prepare for this game. So, it wouldn't shock me if they throw a wrinkle at Huntingdon to surprised them. I trust Huntingdon to score 30-35 more than I trust Union City to score 30-35, but the 3 weeks to prepare maybe if the difference if Union City has been able to maximize their scouting time. But Union City probably need to get into the 30's. I can't see them winning a 17-14 type game. 

9 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

Every game is streamed on Youtube by Froggy 99.3. Just look up Union City vs. Huntingdon and it should be the first or second video.