Boone (9-0) @ Hampton (8-1)

blazer1set

7 hours ago, pujo said:

Surely will Appvol, couldn't be prouder of the youngun, You know him like I do, He's even better off the field. A lot like the one you raised. Anybody can be a good football player, not quite as many can be outstanding people.

Pujo, I couldn't be anymore prouder of Levi and all the Hampton team. They stood toe to toe with one of the top 5a schools in the state and never backed down.  They showed what a team can do when they play for one another. Go Dogs!

Hopefully  I can get back up to Hampton to watch a playoff game.     As others have said already, I would suggest that Hampton bring what they brought last night to every playoff game going forward.      I seriously can't see anyone in 2A derailing this Hampton team.     Boone has not faced a team all season who played together with such unity as we saw last night.

8 hours ago, pujo said:

Surely will Appvol, couldn't be prouder of the youngun, You know him like I do, He's even better off the field. A lot like the one you raised. Anybody can be a good football player, not quite as many can be outstanding people.

Very impressive pujo 44 carries for a 4.6 average. Very impressive!

On 10/25/2022 at 8:49 PM, IPOPU2022 said:

No I’m standing by my initial prediction. . 44-8 Boone. . My heartfelt prediction IF Hampton shocks is 16-14 Dogs. . I just respect Pujo ALOT and i Hope he’s right. . Jus Sayin. Kinda like the Vols whipping Bama. . Who’d have thought Saban would get embarrassingly out coached. . 

44-8 lol :mrgreen:

I wish high school would stop having the top 10 rankings. They are useless about 8 or 10 people vote and all they see are teams in their region. Who cares what Daniel Boone is ranked? The 3rd round is as far as they can go. Same with all other teams it does not matter ask Dobyns Bennett all them years ranked #1 and would lose 1st or 2nd round. Bottom Line all that matters is how you do in the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, Tab said:

I wish high school would stop having the top 10 rankings. They are useless about 8 or 10 people vote and all they see are teams in their region. Who cares what Daniel Boone is ranked? The 3rd round is as far as they can go. Same with all other teams it does not matter ask Dobyns Bennett all them years ranked #1 and would lose 1st or 2nd round. Bottom Line all that matters is how you do in the playoffs.

The class rankings serve one decent purpose. Give the kids something to take pride in and reminisce about when their playing days are over. Regardless of how far Hampton goes in the playoffs they’ll be able to tell their kids they were #1 in the State for most of the season. I HOPE this team is able to bring back a Gold Ball this year.