Scott Cummings has resigned at Oak Ridge

HTV

On 12/18/2022 at 10:05 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

They should of promoted the defensive coach that went to HVA, he knew what OR wanted and stood for and was from there. At the time I said I would have went after a different coach than Cummings but now he is there or was there so I say stand by your man like him or not the choice has been made. The honeymoon didn't last long did it. If the OR administration didn't see the program had a boat load of injuries and the man got them to the third round of the playoffs then they simply don't give a rats arse about winning and more worried about keeping a bunch of whiney parents happy.  Folks we lived this nightmare back in 1988 at Maryville over stuff like this.

And how did Hardin Valley do this past season?

There was a lot more to Cummings leaving Oak Ridge than complaining parents.......a lot more.

Edited by ORWildcats1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, ORWildcats1 said:

And how did Hardin Valley do this past season?

There was a lot more to Cummings leaving Oak Ridge than complaining parents.......a lot more.

Nick Saban couldn't have won 2 games at HVA this year. HVA was 1-9 as they were the year before but they were in three games that were close and scored 123 to the other teams 292. The year before they scored 93 points and allowed 379 which improved with the new coach from Oak Ridge. HVA came to play Maryville and I doubt they had 40 players that night but they did stand toe to toe with our JV team and outplayed them in the second half of our game with them. Looks as if this thread will continue on until someone spills the beans on what happened at Captain D's instead of saying there was more to it. More to it don't mean nothing, Captain D's tells me something happened there, maybe he got bad service or some bad fish and didn't like it.

35 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

I just made it up. I bet folks are all over Twitter trying to find it. That’s how easy it is for things to get blown out of proportion. The Admin and CSC know the real reason for what has occurred. CSC took them the qtrs after a horrendous season the year before. Someone will take this job but most good coaches will have some serious questions to ask before taking on this job.

Yeah.  

Long John Silver's is much better, anyway.  

:hungry:

3 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

Arthur Teachers down in South Florida was good back in the 70s but Capitan Ds has a free boat of cracklins if you ask.

Yeah.  I remember Aurthur Treachers.  I think there may be a few locations left in the midwest.  

13 minutes ago, vawls54 said:

Hot Board:

Mark Pemberton, Spencer Gulmire, Brian Pankey, John Webb, Gary Rankin..

I perfer to call it the  "COOL BOARD. " This is where all the CooL KiDzzz hang out. Just kidding, duh.

First who are Brian Pankey and John Webb? I admit I know very little...but say a lot LOL  Deal with it LOL

I love what Spencer did for Oak Ridge Football. Would he make a good head coach for OR now?  It would be COOL if he would.

23 minutes ago, vawls54 said:

Hot Board:

Mark Pemberton, Spencer Gulmire, Brian Pankey, John Webb, Gary Rankin..

Rankin could get the thing fixed for sure, he don't need to be wasting time at that little private school in Chattanooga. There is just a limit how far you can go with a private school especially since this NIL came about. Never mind his age he'll  put in half a day coaching on Judgement Day.

• CoachT locked this topic