Mairvul '23 mostest inneggspearenced teem evur

STARSNBARS

Eye thaink one thang thait cood bee dunn two hep iz cheking thes teechurs kidz on twoishun's 40 times, banch press numburrs, and tha mommas and diddies afletick background beefour thay ere addmitted,,,,,,,Space iz limmytid and we knead two wurry abowt gettin' sum vurry vurry goodur ath stewdunts intwo 825.....jmo......:popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

16 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

Eye thaink one thang thait cood bee dunn two hep iz cheking thes teechurs kidz on twoishun's 40 times, banch press numburrs, and tha mommas and diddies afletick background beefour thay ere addmitted,,,,,,,Space iz limmytid and we knead two wurry abowt gettin' sum vurry vurry goodur ath stewdunts intwo 825.....jmo......:popcorneater:

..........well the one murvul got coming up as a OL/Center will be outstanding.

On 2/18/2023 at 8:58 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

Murphy College, maybe the plan to restock the pond over here is to move some good prospects into Maryville with a real estate license. Everybody is moving here from California so why not go after 3 star players and sell them a house for half what they sold theirs for and make a commision and restock the pond while your doing it. Wonder why no one else has thought of that. The next thing we'll know  someone on here will be telling they seen Matt Lowe and Josh Jones taking night course at Tennessee School of Real Estate.

I've yet to see football families move FROM California TO Tenneseee.  Now I do remember the opposite on occasion...

34 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

I've yet to see football families move FROM California TO Tenneseee.  Now I do remember the opposite on occasion...

Your probably right just trying to throw some humor towards things. Going to be honest a lot of fans are sacred our head coach may eventually change careers. others have worried he may be loading his plate to full to be head coach at a program like Maryville. Everyone will be looking for excuses if the program keeps sliding and with such a loss of starting players and another year of uncertainty at the QB position. I've known our head coach since he was a kid and he is a very smart young man and not only that I do know his mom and dad very well also think they did a great job raising a great kid. Derek's business is none of my business but I do know what ever he choses in life he will do it well. I've always worried that the bar was raised so high that any drop in the win collum would start the rumor wagon rolling. I am going to say this first and for all that a lack in good athletes all the sudden really hurt the team last year. You have to have good athletes at all four defensive back positions if your planning on playing a team like Oakland or they'll just run right past you as most have seen the last couple of losses. You can fake it only so long and the truth shows it ugly head against the Patriots. I'll also be completly honest here, I thing GQ may have possibly left over something that may have happened plus he may have figured the pipeline was drying up turning out 30 man football teams at the junior high versus the times when most of those teams had 60 or more kids in the past. We have pretty much the same coaching staff as before when GQ was here and I can say this for a fact that there was a missing element in last years team and that was the lack of skilled athletes as in the past.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Your probably right just trying to throw some humor towards things. Going to be honest a lot of fans are sacred our head coach may eventually change careers. others have worried he may be loading his plate to full to be head coach at a program like Maryville. Everyone will be looking for excuses if the program keeps sliding and with such a loss of starting players and another year of uncertainty at the QB position. I've known our head coach since he was a kid and he is a very smart young man and not only that I do know his mom and dad very well also think they did a great job raising a great kid. Derek's business is none of my business but I do know what ever he choses in life he will do it well. I've always worried that the bar was raised so high that any drop in the win collum would start the rumor wagon rolling. I am going to say this first and for all that a lack in good athletes all the sudden really hurt the team last year. You have to have good athletes at all four defensive back positions if your planning on playing a team like Oakland or they'll just run right past you as most have seen the last couple of losses. You can fake it only so long and the truth shows it ugly head against the Patriots. I'll also be completly honest here, I thing GQ may have possibly left over something that may have happened plus he may have figured the pipeline was drying up turning out 30 man football teams at the junior high versus the times when most of those teams had 60 or more kids in the past. We have pretty much the same coaching staff as before when GQ was here and I can say this for a fact that there was a missing element in last years team and that was the lack of skilled athletes as in the past.

All good points. Derek was kind of in a tough spot having to follow GQ, although it was definitely still a great opportunity for him. Having to follow a legend there was obviously going to be some drop off but Oakland's emergence has had a lot to do with that among the other things you mentioned. Derek has still done quite well for himself, 76-9 with 2 state championships so far is still impressive. If not for Oakland, I'd say Maryville would have at least a couple more championships right now.

19 minutes ago, jhawk23 said:

All good points. Derek was kind of in a tough spot having to follow GQ, although it was definitely still a great opportunity for him. Having to follow a legend there was obviously going to be some drop off but Oakland's emergence has had a lot to do with that among the other things you mentioned. Derek has still done quite well for himself, 76-9 with 2 state championships so far is still impressive. If not for Oakland, I'd say Maryville would have at least a couple more championships right now.

Brought up the same points I was going to make. Maryville is the 3rd best public program in the state, it just so happens that one of the top 2 is on their side of the bracket. Their still king of the hill in East TN 6A and very few times has it been close in the postseason. Don't think the list of coaches is long that could have done what Hunt has 

Talent level has hurt Maryville a little, but truth of the matter is there are just more families moving to Middle TN than East TN. If it wasn't Oakland, it would probably be someone else

Maryville's staff has been pretty intact for most of the Hunt's tenure but where the gap is biggest (up front and defense) is where Maryville had 2 great coaches leave. Gaylor had less talent to work with than Oakland, but he always had a nasty bunch on defense. I apologize to Maryville folks im drawing a blank on the OL coach but it's been a significant dropoff for them upfront

Maryville has created a standard of success where anything short of a title feels like a disappointment, but it shouldnt be. 23 straight appearances in the semis, that's something that Oakland or Alcoa isnt even close to and don't think it's ever going to be duplicated once the streak ends 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Brought up the same points I was going to make. Maryville is the 3rd best public program in the state, it just so happens that one of the top 2 is on their side of the bracket. Their still king of the hill in East TN 6A and very few times has it been close in the postseason. Don't think the list of coaches is long that could have done what Hunt has 

Talent level has hurt Maryville a little, but truth of the matter is there are just more families moving to Middle TN than East TN. If it wasn't Oakland, it would probably be someone else

Maryville's staff has been pretty intact for most of the Hunt's tenure but where the gap is biggest (up front and defense) is where Maryville had 2 great coaches leave. Gaylor had less talent to work with than Oakland, but he always had a nasty bunch on defense. I apologize to Maryville folks im drawing a blank on the OL coach but it's been a significant dropoff for them upfront

Maryville has created a standard of success where anything short of a title feels like a disappointment, but it shouldnt be. 23 straight appearances in the semis, that's something that Oakland or Alcoa isnt even close to and don't think it's ever going to be duplicated once the streak ends 

3rd best? As in recently or all time??

On 2/17/2023 at 6:59 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

I looked at the schedule and only eight games but the Alcoa game wasn't on there but who will fill the other void left by Powell and Science Hill ? Lots of people thinking Maryville could see it's worst season in over 25 years with the big loss of 10 on defense from last years team. We lost 2 or 3 on defense I think we're going to really miss but the way Oakland beat us I'm not sure I really care. My old coach would have thrown all of next years team in there if we were getting beat like dogs. The QB position is really going to be the big question again. One big thing that really hurt Maryville last year was the shortage of good athletes that we're all used to seeing on the roster. That's why Oakland took us to the cleaners. Once they hit the corner it was like watching a 4.3 guy being chased by 5.3 guys, it was all I could handle to watch what I did that night. I really couldn't say anything against the coaches because you can only do as good as what you have to work with which wasn't much on defense. The offense did at least show up some which was good. Just glad I had enough sense not to go or I would have ran into the first Cracker Barrell I could find going home and flush my Maryville clothes down the toilets or at least until I had them all running over.

I heard there is another Jones brother on the way or already a freshman. I know their dad Mike. Great dad and he was a good QB himself. Seems like Maryville will be ok with another Jones at QB.

36 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Wasn't David Ellis the former O-Line coach at Maryville.