West TN Rural Top 10 Week 10

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

18 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I didn't say they'd beat any of them.If you read,I said they didn't deserve to be on this list.But neither should West Carroll or probably Milan.Milan and West Carroll was listed basically on wins.And in Single A,think LC was about 13 and West Carroll was 15th which is pretty close cause I don't think there are about 8 strong teams in Single A.I just been stating,these polls seem to be putting teams in based on wins.If LC played West Carrolls schedule,probably be 7 and 1.Reverse the schedules.West Carroll was ranked and just lost to a mediocre Camden team.Do do you think they'd beat Central,Dresden,Dyersburg,JCS,And Union City and be honest.Milan lost to Hunt.Do you think Milan could beat any of those teams? That's all I'm saying.Purple saying he's not basing on wins but when he had West Carroll ranked based on their wins,that's exactly what he's doing.No.LC shouldn't be on the list.

I understand you didn't say that and I'm not insinuating that you did, I'm just asking. I think BPM's polls are mostly based on that and probably some records, but again I agree that West Carroll shouldn't have been on there. If Camden had any kind of defense, they could be dangerous. They have the offense, but mostly non-existent on defense. I admire Lake County for scheduling some of the games they did, but those losses were a given. If they are wanting to have wins, then schedule easier opponents. Those tough losses will benefit the team more than an easy win. With Lake County so close to the state line, why don't they schedule out of state schools?

29 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

And it's all cool.He has his opinion.I have mine.But can't justify any of those 3 teams being in.

It’s one thing to have an opinion and to have civil discussion. It’s a whole other thing to be a jerk about it. I never once said that I based this poll on total wins. If you can find it please post the quote. But you have claimed it several times. Now make no mistake, you being a tail hole on coachT doesn’t bother me one bit. I could care less what some disgruntled old man thinks and how he wants to act. Honestly just a little disappointed. When I met you a couple of years ago, you and all the other Tiptonville posters seemed like really awesome people. And I’m sure you and they are. Your just not acting anything like you were that night. Guess I was completely wrong about you. I’m done with this. Good day biggie. 

17 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

And I understand that.Again LC doesn't have quality wins.Shouldnt be listed.Just saying if LC played same schedule as West Carroll,would be Probably 7 and 1 and be listed.Why? Still be same team with no defense that beat terrible teams.So Again.Its about wins.In saying that.Just curious.If LC and West Carroll were to play.LC probably lose to Union City and finish 5 and 5.West Carroll probably will finish 7 and 3.Wasnt counting on them losing to Camden.So who would you pick if they played?

I wouldn’t base any pick off anyone’s record for sure. But having not seen LC or WC play a snap this year I don’t think I could make a good pick for the winner. I’m not making a pick on two teams I’ve not seen play. 

13 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

And your right.Thats what I'm saying.Its based on wins only.purple saying he's not doing that but he is.Everyone is.Ive admitted LC shouldn't be ranked.Said they'd lose big to JCS and Union City.

You have to understand it’s one mans opinion. It’s not law no more than an AP poll is. BPM started this as a discussion poll based off what he thinks and he does put a lot of time into it. Boy it worked too cause there’s plenty discussion. So keep voicing your opinion , others may or may not agree with it but that’s ok too. 

36 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

And your right.Thats what I'm saying.Its based on wins only.purple saying he's not doing that but he is.Everyone is.Ive admitted LC shouldn't be ranked.Said they'd lose big to JCS and Union City.

I also never said I thought he’s basing it off wins so don’t get that twisted now. I do believe it might be easier to pick out a top 10 than the teams looking in IMO. I don’t have a clue I’d have looking in . You say LC, WC and Milan shouldn’t be? So tell me what teams you would have as the teams looking in. I think you’ll see it’s not that easy. You’ve kicked 3 out so replace them and make an argument of why they should be in. 

Not speaking for BPM but these weekly rural polls he does is just for conversation. Week in and week out they are usually the most commented on threads. It gets everyone from all classes something to add. Is it always perfect? No. Even I was wrong one time in 1997. He can’t help he’s ugly and a Milan fan. Give him some slack.

23 minutes ago, Waker said:

Not speaking for BPM but these weekly rural polls he does is just for conversation. Week in and week out they are usually the most commented on threads. It gets everyone from all classes something to add. Is it always perfect? No. Even I was wrong one time in 1997. He can’t help he’s ugly and a Milan fan. Give him some slack.

lol. Sissy…

2 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

I wouldn’t base any pick off anyone’s record for sure. But having not seen LC or WC play a snap this year I don’t think I could make a good pick for the winner. I’m not making a pick on two teams I’ve not seen play. 

You have to understand it’s one mans opinion. It’s not law no more than an AP poll is. BPM started this as a discussion poll based off what he thinks and he does put a lot of time into it. Boy it worked too cause there’s plenty discussion. So keep voicing your opinion , others may or may not agree with it but that’s ok too. 

Mr. Bigster is correct here. Lake County is not playing FACS (JCS and Trinity exposed them), Harding Academy, and KIPP Academy on their schedule. I have no idea why West Carroll elected to schedule 3 Memphis teams to play, not my business either. It's tough to sit here and say "we lost to Camden, and they had over 200 penalty yards." and that's what happened to West Carroll this past Friday. If JCS plays West Carroll today, JCS wins the game by 40+ too.

You may not know this, but when the  new regions came out last year, two teams I've noticed two teams tried to move into different regions. Humboldt football tried to move over to the region West Carroll is in now. I don't know why, but I think we can agree that it's due to competition. Better chance to win the region. If not, get the 2 seed and host a playoff game. That all happened before we've seen Humboldt play a down this year. Unfortunately, Humboldt got denied. Milan volleyball appealed to move over to the Gibson County/Halls region in volleyball. They wanted a "easier chance" to make it to state. That got approved, and they made it to the state tournament as a result of that. 

I think he pointed Milan being 7-1. I don't want to bash on Milan, but if the SGC/Milan was correctly officiated, I don't think Milan wins the game. They were also trailing Chester County in the game, but ended up finding a way to win. Not saying Milan was "lucky" but luck is a part of sports. Everybody points at the record, and not on the film (I'll give you another example, PURE. We know they're better than 1-7 or whatever they are.)

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Mr. Bigster is correct here. Lake County is not playing FACS (JCS and Trinity exposed them), Harding Academy, and KIPP Academy on their schedule. I have no idea why West Carroll elected to schedule 3 Memphis teams to play, not my business either. It's tough to sit here and say "we lost to Camden, and they had over 200 penalty yards." and that's what happened to West Carroll this past Friday. If JCS plays West Carroll today, JCS wins the game by 40+ too.

You may not know this, but when the  new regions came out last year, two teams I've noticed two teams tried to move into different regions. Humboldt football tried to move over to the region West Carroll is in now. I don't know why, but I think we can agree that it's due to competition. Better chance to win the region. If not, get the 2 seed and host a playoff game. That all happened before we've seen Humboldt play a down this year. Unfortunately, Humboldt got denied. Milan volleyball appealed to move over to the Gibson County/Halls region in volleyball. They wanted a "easier chance" to make it to state. That got approved, and they made it to the state tournament as a result of that. 

I think he pointed Milan being 7-1. I don't want to bash on Milan, but if the SGC/Milan was correctly officiated, I don't think Milan wins the game. They were also trailing Chester County in the game, but ended up finding a way to win. Not saying Milan was "lucky" but luck is a part of sports. Everybody points at the record, and not on the film (I'll give you another example, PURE. We know they're better than 1-7 or whatever they are.)

I understand what your saying. Bigster wanting me to pick a winner of a game that I’ve seen neither of on the field would be foolish on my part. LC definitely scheduled up an WC down I agree on that too. Heck my team scheduled 3 Memphis teams this year far as that goes. Don’t know the reasoning, if it was for wins or due to having trouble getting someone to play. I definitely agree about Pure. I knew when I seen them that they could give some teams fits. I know Memphis may not have a lot of good football teams but they will bring size and house speed. That helps when preparing to play region 5-4A in the playoffs. Speed you will see!

On 10/16/2023 at 7:26 AM, Dp81 said:

Again. Solid list. Hard to argue where you have them. 

I will say that it is hard for me to believe that Dresden and Huntingdon (no disrespect to you guys) would beat Haywood and Covington. Although both defenses are not where they normally are. So i respect where you have them . 

Thanks again!

Is it still hard to believe that Huntingdon could beat Haywood?When Haywood could barely beat Crockett.

Edited by horse

On 10/18/2023 at 3:24 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

They don't want to hear that.They think they know everything.