Riverside Hosts Fairley in Semi's

@38320

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

I have never threatened anyone on this board. I can't help if your threatened by me. Unreal the Huntingdon hate on this board. Posters saying the Mustangs laid down. I've been watching Huntingdon for over 60 years and I've never seen a Mustang team lay down. Nothing worse in the world than jealousy.  I sometimes wonder how many of you haters played the game because you don't know nothing!

He wasn't responding to you Croppy...there was one H'town poster that had some brash words that's not come out of his foxhole yet. I think maybe (I hope) that the term "lay down" was loosely used to mean not their best performance, because I was there and not one kid quit giving it everything he had.

For what it's worth, I don't know what you could have done on defense that would have been game changing. Hard to deal with physically being pushed off the line. On offense it looked to me like your Mustangs could pass the ball...there were several completions for some decent yardage in situations where you had to have it, so why not soften up the Panther front throwing the ball in order to run it? Water under the bridge anyway.

13 hours ago, @38320 said:

CoachT.com is so early 2000s.  Posting anonymously just doesn't work anymore. I think people should have to have their true identity available in order to be able to post, complete with a public email. I know it won't change, so my days on CoachT.com are limited. It's just not fun anymore, the way people just get on to argue with each other and put kids down. 

I know exactly what you're talking about, but where are you going to find out about teams not in our area? Sure ain't going to be media...they've pretty much abandoned HS sports coverage (in the west at least), so this is pretty much it. Problem is what it is, but I can at least tell you the solution that I used, and it worked for me...just put a few of 'em on the ignore list. As long as you don't care what they have to say, it instantly removed the feeling that I had that I think is what you're describing.

Hope you stick around!

4 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

He wasn't responding to you Croppy...there was one H'town poster that had some brash words that's not come out of his foxhole yet. I think maybe (I hope) that the term "lay down" was loosely used to mean not their best performance, because I was there and not one kid quit giving it everything he had.

For what it's worth, I don't know what you could have done on defense that would have been game changing. Hard to deal with physically being pushed off the line. On offense it looked to me like your Mustangs could pass the ball...there were several completions for some decent yardage in situations where you had to have it, so why not soften up the Panther front throwing the ball in order to run it? Water under the bridge anyway.

I was worried all week after watching a couple of practices. The intensity just wasn't there. We were so hyped up for the Milan game. It's just hard to be on top of your game every week with the schedule we've played. But to win a was championship you've got to survive those games. We played a much more physical schedule than the Panthers and it caught up with us. We were banged up. Our QB wasn't even close to 100%. Riverside was the better team Friday night. Got a lot of respect for that program. Hope yall win it all. Mustangs will be back next year. Losing a lot of great players but returning a bunch of good ones to. We'll reload and will be hard to handle in 2024.

3 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

I was worried all week after watching a couple of practices. The intensity just wasn't there. We were so hyped up for the Milan game. It's just hard to be on top of your game every week with the schedule we've played. But to win a was championship you've got to survive those games. We played a much more physical schedule than the Panthers and it caught up with us. We were banged up. Our QB wasn't even close to 100%. Riverside was the better team Friday night. Got a lot of respect for that program. Hope yall win it all. Mustangs will be back next year. Losing a lot of great players but returning a bunch of good ones to. We'll reload and will be hard to handle in 2024.

How do you figure the mustangs played a more physical schedule? They had the same schedule except for like 3 games.  Riverside played 6A Collierville, 4A Lexington, ,2A TCA.  The mustangs played Mckenzie, Crockett, and Columbia Academy.  I'd say those are pretty comparable except for Collierville. Collierville is on another level. 

5 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

I have never threatened anyone on this board. I can't help if your threatened by me. Unreal the Huntingdon hate on this board. Posters saying the Mustangs laid down. I've been watching Huntingdon for over 60 years and I've never seen a Mustang team lay down. Nothing worse in the world than jealousy.  I sometimes wonder how many of you haters played the game because you don't know nothing!

I wasn’t talking about you dummy. I don’t hate Huntingdon football but I don’t like the majority of the Huntingdon posters on here. Go cuss a Huntingdon football player old man. 

im sorry riverside I won’t reply to anymore junk 

15 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I wasn’t talking about you dummy. I don’t hate Huntingdon football but I don’t like the majority of the Huntingdon posters on here. Go cuss a Huntingdon football player old man. 

im sorry riverside I won’t reply to anymore junk 

You better be careful, I had a cortisone shot Friday morning!