Summit gets Cleveland in Round 1

fooseball95

i just really hope Summit can stay focused the rest of the day with a loss. It can be really easy for kids to see that draw and then throw everything you have at Cleveland, and then not have much left in the tank to have to go fight through consolations with a loss. 

23 minutes ago, WrestlingGod said:

I think my biggest issue is using last years results to seed this years teams. 

Take DB for instance, they lose two of their best wrestlers one being a state champ. They're not the same team this year they were last year and shouldnt be seeded based off last years team. 

By your logic returning state placers shouldn't be seeded in the individual tournament based on previous results. Would you advocate for that too?

2 minutes ago, TotallynotLEO said:

By your logic returning state placers shouldn't be seeded in the individual tournament based on previous results. Would you advocate for that too?

We aren't talking about the individual tournament. We're talking about a team tournament where the dynamic and structure of the teams are different each year. The point stands with the Dobyns Bennett example. 

However, that said, I think there are other criteria that should go before previous years results in the individual tournament. Head to head being one of them. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, texas23 said:

I feel bad for Cleveland, they have to wrestle the toughest match in the first round, boy did they get screwed on this.

Texas, we go back about 20 years on the T. You are absolutely the best for delivering a fact, a little humor, and sarcasm while prodding the bull.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Texas, we go back about 20 years on the T. You are absolutely the best for delivering a fact, a little humor, and sarcasm while prodding the bull.

7 minutes ago, StarRaider said:

Is @texas23 a real Texan or one of those New York City Texans like Hank Hill?

@noonesfool, you understand me.  Yes, we still both visit the board and comment when appropriate!

@StarRaider Not a real Texan for sure.  Heck, I do not even live there anymore, after 22 years of it.  Great to hear from you too!  Old Raiders never die.

• Upvote 2