Boyd Buchanan vs Coalfield

reaction

Coalfield's region schedule was tougher, but Boyd's non region schedule was a lot tougher.

I personally think Coalfield is a huge underdog Friday night, but on any given night any team can be beat and Coalfield definitely hase some weapons that'll could make this game interesting. Boyd sounds pretty tough though.

One thing that could hurt Coalfield is they could be satisfied with what they've accomplished. No Morgan County team has ever advanced to the semis and it seemed every team's goal in Region 2A this year was to make it to the semis. I hope I'm wrong on this.

One thing that could hurt Boyd is looking past Coalfield. They haven't been challenged in the semis in the past two years and a lot of 16-year-old kids (an adults) would naturally overlook a team with three losses.

However, if you look past Coalfield, you might miss MPG, Hensley and Davis streaking to the end zone.

Good luck Coalfield and prove me wrong. Like KingBrian said, it'll take your best effort of the season.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I have succeeded. I have proved the Boyd fans can lose composure with just a little pushing. This thread has been somewhat fun and we have throughly covered everything that needs to be covered.

r to the second, thanks for the post after Bnl's rant. You know as well as I do that the Coalfield folks are good folks and proud of their team. Their is a 30 acre area right in the middle of Coalfield that I would dare say is probably the most well maintained, continually improved, area in a non incorporated community in the State of Tennessee. That comes from pride, wanting the best for the kids of Coalfield, and an opportunity to grow up in a community that still has values.

That being said. Bnl I have said arrogant and over confident but I don't beleive I have ever singled any one person out or called anyone on here posting for Boyd a complete idiot. However, I beleive some of your fans have done that. To the contrary, I have the utmost respect for the persons on here, the attitudes though have got to go, and maybe mine appears bad but if you will note, I joined this thing after several statements about the greatness of Boyd were made. I call that mirroring the attitudes that appear.

As for this game. I look for a very good game, I will never discuss strengths or weaknesses on these threads. That is for coaches and the media to discuss as r says. Further, this late in the year it is hard to change what you have been doing with success so I look for both teams to keep on with their tried and tested schemes.

Have a good game, I apologize for any aspersions, they were not intended but look a little deeper into yourselves and you might find the answers. That is where I go when I need an answer.

Finally, as to r's poetic ability. I sure would hate to have him in English class. I can't write and spell worth a darn as has been pointed out on here ala alma matter err mater. He would have me writing that stuff but I guess in time I could learn to rhyme.

It is a shame that fans from both schools are bashing each other. I know that things start out as "just fun" but turns ugly. Both schools have a great tradition of athletics. Small public schools are always going to feel that private schools have the upper hand. Private schools that do not recruit and that do not have unlimited resources know that is not always true. This debate will go on forever.What I do know is that Boyd and Coalfield are 2 of the 4 teams left in Class A. That is something that both schools should be very proud of. I know that the Coalfield school and team has a lot of respect for Boyd. Of course I will be pulling for Coalfield Friday night, but if Boyd wins I will for them to win it all. Like I said in an earlier post, I saw enough fighting and disrespect in sports this weekend. Good luck to both teams.

The fans are posting on here- not players or coaches. I doubt any Boyd fans have made the trip to watch Coalfield play and that any Coalfield fans have come to watch Boyd so the fans don't know that much about either team's abilities. Both teams have to be good or they wouldn't still be playing. I can assure you that the Boyd players and coaches are not overlooking this team. They are hungry for another trip to Murfreesboro. And by the way, the field being nicknamed the Swamp is not because Boyd thinks they are like an SEC school - you'll understand when you get there. It really is a swamp. GO BUCS!!

Can someone tell me how to get to Boyd from Knoxville?

825447808[/snapback]

I am from Roane County and the wife is from Morgan. Made the trip so many times I could make in my sleep.

27 to 153 to Jersey Pike exit. Right onto Jersey Pike. Right onto Shallowford Road. Left at the second light. Brick and iron gate on left about a tenth of a mile. Overflow parking on the right at the church.

Bring chairs. Very few seats on the visitors side. No snakes. Friendly people. Brats are great but gone early.

We pray before the game.

May the best team win.