TN TITANS MR FOOTBALL SEMIFINALISTS CLASS 1A/2A

Southtowner

39 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

He has a good chance because a lot of people have been watching Waverly, what are his stats?

Swafford has some good numbers, and Saylors is a really good RB with I think 24 rushing TD on the year. Swafford has 18 rushing, 2 picks for TD,1 fumble TD ,and 14 passing for a total 35. Also we has good numbers on defense, all are worthy.

Gavin has 3335 passing yards 33 passing tds. 1 Int. Somewhere around 400 yards rushing and like 6 or so rushing tds

2 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

He has a good chance because a lot of people have been watching Waverly, what are his stats?

Swafford has some good numbers, and Saylors is a really good RB with I think 24 rushing TD on the year. Swafford has 18 rushing, 2 picks for TD,1 fumble TD ,and 14 passing for a total 35. Also we has good numbers on defense, all are worthy.

Both qbs have great numbers. Saylors has about 1600 yds on 93 carries. Maybe a couple hundred receiving and close to 30 TDs. He hasn't really gotten the carries this year like I thought he would but he's still put up good numbers. He's a senior though where the 2 qbs are underclassmen and I've seen it a few times go to a senior. Congrats to all the young men who have been honored.

Edited by PurplePower68

On 11/3/2017 at 2:18 PM, ZEBRA35 said:

Not sure what the criteria is for winning Mr. Football but it isnt stats. Warbritton for Huntingdon not winning with 3,000+ yards rushing proves it. If its based on winning he played in the state championship. If its based on grades he was an A+ student. If its based on character hes one of the best. We all know its middle/east biased so go ahead and give it to one of the boys over that way. All Kade Perason is worried about is that gold ball. By the way Kade has the stats to win the award easily

I agree.Lake Co has a running back with probably 2300 yards or close and Im sure 30 somethi g touchdowns.Went 60 yards on first play last night.Also returns kicks and punts and plays every down on defense.Im going to really promote him every game next year since no newspapers to help out.Maybe coach needs to keep him in the game next year instead of pulling him early.Id let him get 300 yards a game.And LC has a Q B ,Tanner Snyder,about 6'3 215 lbs that should get some notice.Hes a Tim Tebow type .Hes just a sophomore so Ill be pushing him his senior year.Coach needs to help his players out.People will say its about the team and not blow teams out but because of LC,s location and no newspapers,if people read,Johnson ran for 300 yards,then 300 next game,then 300 next game,word should get out.

On 11/3/2017 at 2:15 PM, pujo said:

Nothing against any of these  kids on this list but if Gilberts not on it, its flat out wrong. JMHO

Unfortunately for Gilbert individually GB really shares the wealth this year. So many players with rushing yards & pass reception yards. When you play so many games that aren't competitive you don't have to go to your work horse and can score many ways & when I say many I mean many! We could give Gilbert the ball 20 times a game & the kid could be racking up yards to build his stats. But know this....if the game is on the line & he needs to carry the load there ain't a load too big for him to carry! Who is this Raulston kid from SP? Is he more deserving than Gilbert? If Gilbert doesn't make all state with his play at RB & LB as possibly one of the top 2 RBs in 1A then the system is screwed up.

4 hours ago, ladykee said:

Unfortunately for Gilbert individually GB really shares the wealth this year. So many players with rushing yards & pass reception yards. When you play so many games that aren't competitive you don't have to go to your work horse and can score many ways & when I say many I mean many! We could give Gilbert the ball 20 times a game & the kid could be racking up yards to build his stats. But know this....if the game is on the line & he needs to carry the load there ain't a load too big for him to carry! Who is this Raulston kid from SP? Is he more deserving than Gilbert? If Gilbert doesn't make all state with his play at RB & LB as possibly one of the top 2 RBs in 1A then the system is screwed up.

Stats means nothing ,I,ve saw the kid  several times.BEASTLY.  Dang good lber as well.