Most Annoying Thing at High School Games

Solomon

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Ok...I'll be the one to stick up for the band. They're very dedicated and are at every game just like the football players and cheerleaders. Their job is also to get the crowd going. As far as playing during plays...it is against the rules and any band who does it is the exception to the rest. And in case you didn't notice their are almost as many Band Parents at football games as their are player parents. Everyone shows support for their school...just in different ways. So what's the problem. If your band isn't very good however, I feel for you. But you should still be supportive. PS- More band students will get scholarships to play in the band than athletes will get to play football in college. We should support the school and its students as a whole...not just the players on the field.

However, I agree with a lot of the other annoying factors listed. Just thought someone should take up for the bands.

Your post gets a definite +1 for me--- the players make the prep game great,but so do the band members, cheerleaders, the folks working in the concession stand and at the gate----- a lot of people put effort into the experience the fan enjoys, and they're doing it for the most part for free.

• Upvote 1

As far as playing during plays...it is against the rules and any band who does it is the exception to the rest.

I can not find anything in the TSSAA rule book nor the NFHSA rule book that prevents the band from playing during plays.

Can someone give me the rule and where to find it. Our band does this all the time even when we have the ball on offense. :angry:

The most annoying thing is when you go to football games to support a team that you've supported for 20 years and you sit behind some players parents who are more interested in being part of the "social class" and then start to ramble on about all the great traditions of the school and then when you name off one of the most popular/all time greats from there their response is, "who?"

YOU BETHCA! That pops my lid.

As a coach, it's the dad that wants to talk to his kid right at the beginning of half-time over the fence or the guy I hardly know that sits behind my wife and discusses where he think I should go.

As a fan, it is the guy that wants to talk to me as the ball is being snapped, or the parents that drop their kids off and drive away.

As a parent, it is the parent that wants to call plays from the bleachers.

I love the quiet dads that shake their sons' hands at the end of the game (or dads who give a hug...either way....) Those sons can't hear a word I say at the end of a game. They are wondering where their dad is.

you are spot on.

As a coach everytime you see the old ref with gray hair who can hardly stand up or on that drinks so much that it makes a 10 ft. smell around him. You start to wonder how good of a game you are going to have. When you ask who the flag was on they do not know all they saw as a kid falling and guessed it was a penalty. Age limit should be set on refs.

They should be penalized for incompetent calls, which have become the norm through out the game.

A whole bunch of posts about"annoying"fans who sit quietly,or just clap while seated! How much would YOUR gate money drop if only the knowledgable fans came to the game? I personally wish EVERYONE in the community would show up for every game,and if they're there to watch the band or the cheerleaders,hey O.K. by me.Now for what annoys me about H.S. football, NOTHING ENOUGH TO KEEP ME AWAY! P.S. You MIGHT find me waaaay down by the fence behind the end zone :lol:

Stupid people - The opposing team takes off for a 70 yard run, and gets knocked out at the 15 yard line. You can then hear these fans clap and cheer(usually their son), because they believe that something good has happened. (This happens a lot at Tellico). And, it is usually women, of course. I was also at a Maryville- Tennessee High game once for a playoff game. Maryville was up 35 - 0 before halftime. The Tennessee High fans were pumped up. Those folks brought 7 busloads, painted their faces, and actually thought they had a chance to win. One dumb woman even blamed it on the coaches. I basically told her that she was stupid, and said that your team is boys playing against men.

Terrible bands - I am not going to mention names, but some high school bands are embarrassing. If you can't hit the right notes during the National Anthem, then you should not be playing. Sometimes, a school would be better off by having the Mayberry Band playing.

This is a ball game, not a funeral! - I am sorry, but I am going to stand up on huge plays. GET OVER IT! And quit complaining about the students. They can make for an awesome atmosphere! Yeah, they are punks here and there, most most are pretty good.

Edited by bigbearsfan

I hate train horns, fireworks and drunks! Hope I havent described anyone!

I'm with you about the trainhorn .. hate it hate it .. and then there was the couple sitting below me at our last home game making out. This was not a teenaged couple, teens have enough sense to get out of sight at games for that, this was an of age couple and disgusting.

My biggest pet peeve is kids running wild, parents curb your kiddies!!! I'm of the opinion that host schools should open up the playground or a play room for kids that will not/cannot sit and watch the game. Nothing worse than a screaming squeeling kid in my line of vision at a game. My kids behave, yours can too!!

2) The coach is always wrong!

3) If johnny were playing qb we would have won.

4) The coach only plays this/that kind because he likes him more.

5) Bands playing at the wrong time, i.e. when you have the ball.

6) Fans that know everything!

7) Someone makes a bonehead play and fans are asking why the coach put him in that situation.

It's obvious what we have here. The best coaches are in the stands. Everyone's kid is the best player. The coach really doesn't want to win, if he did, he would make all the right calls, play the best kids and really give his team the best chance to win. I mean, we all know that a coach's job depends on who he plays and not the stability of the program or the wins and losses.

So I guess...

1) Fans that really have no clue as to what happens Monday through Thursday!