William Blount at Dobyns Bennett

TG24

I just want to say that this was an amazing game to watch! Excellent playing and drive by both teams, but in the end I think that DBs two missed FGs cost them the game...but yeah, I look forward to the weeks to come...especially some well-needed revenge... >:thumb:

BTW...DB has an excellent band...I'm not really into the band, but their show was amazing...

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the walker brothers beat the poop outta us they ran the ball accounted for a few sacks n they ran the ball alot more we couldnt stop them on third down n guys lay off on us i was just in a locker room where ive never seen such strong spirited people n physically strong people cry like that

hey, it stinks to lose, when your suppose to win. as a riverdale fan, in a way im glad to see DB make their early exit (i had thought we would meet them 4th round), but i know its painful for their players.

Before you people continue with these "lofty" score predictions, you might want to take a good hard look at the William Blount team and what they have done this year. They could be comming in with just one defete to Maryville. But some bad luck prevented that. William Blount can play with anybody and will be tough to beat

I don't know who will win but I say the score will be 17-14

You guys that wanna pick at Waco should remember this post b4 u start.You can make yourself look pretty dumb :thumb:

Man, I can't wait till the GovMan gets on here and slams me for picking DB. He's gonna pound me and I got it comming.

I got to go and get the crow out of the microwave!

FBE,

I'm almost too tired to write, but can't help myself ... I'll go easy on you, anyone with any sense--espcially on paper--would have had to pick DB in this one going in. In my heart, I did expect a close game, but even I felt like it was probably "too tall an order" to expect the Gov's to go up to "the Ted" :thumb: and pull out a win.

But this team had been so close so many times this year ... finally, the breaks fell their way. I'm real proud of them and real happy for Scott and his staff. Some observations:

*DB's qb and receivers were real "special" . The qb has a rifle.

*After WB's first offensive series, I was thinking, "oh crap." DB just shut them down. But credit Coach Meadows for adjusting something?? and Coach Emert for firing up his line. Putting Darren and TJ (Walkers) in the backfield together is a handful for any team. At one point in time, he had the two Walkers and Cole Lail in the backfield (similar set to Maryville's famous rhino).

*WB qb Tyler Burstrom is a difference maker. No, we didn't pass much at all tonight, but he tucked it and ran for several big first downs. Mohammad Baskin also cut it up and picked up several good gains, plus he had two impressive kick off returns.

*Blounts special teams "won the war." Koehlo goes 2-2 on field goals and Whithead punted well and as I said, Baskin and kick-off return team gave us good field position on returns.

*Just a great win for the entire WB family. I feel for the DB boys, tough loss ... but WB deserved this one tonight. Yes, based on rankings, etc. it was an upset, but it was no fluke, the Govs are capable of playing some good football.

*DB is an AWESOME place to go play football. The stadium packed out, the incredible DB band, super supportive and classy fans. It's sometimes harder for the DB's and OR's and Maryvilles of the world to understand because of the year in/year out success of their programs, but at WB we can still count these types of wins on one hand and trust me , the two wins over DB both rank at the top of our top wins of all time.

*Great defensive effort by WB ... absolutely great. Kind of the "bend but not break" strategy. We struggled at times against the pass, but we were definitely playing against the second best passing offense we've seen all year (behind Maryville). Hate to single out anybody, their were several standouts, but Cole Lail is one of those athletes that you just see come along every now and then. He'll be playing somewhere big on Saturdays in a few more years, but thank goodness for a couple more years he'll be playing for us on Friday nights .

*I'm excited about coming back over to Farragut. It will be a tall order against a very good and dangerous team, but it would be hard for me to classify either team an "underdog" in this one. Could go either way.

*FBE, just in case we could be on to something :huh: , would you consider picking against us again?

I truly hope D-B goes all the way, although i would never here the end of it.LOL But i hope they respect the opponent each weak, and understand that the speed of the game now is going to be much faster than there used to. I hope they pick it and the intensity level quickly. Teams from here on out doesnt have the respect or fear of them, they all believe they can play with them.The confidence of there opponents will be different now, and they need to approach each game as though the underdog, focused and ready for 4qtrs. Not rely on getting the job done when they have to, they have been flirting with that lately. Just being in the game and pulling it out in the end, they need to come out strong and play to there level the whole game.U cant let teams hang around till the end now, put em away you have the firepower to do it...

I figured this and feared it. <_<

You guys that wanna pick at Waco should remember this post b4 u start.You can make yourself look pretty dumb <_<

waco knows his stuff. he warned all the others a bout drinking the kool aid but they didn't listen. like him or not there is a method to his madness. just check out his poll it says it all. btw i agreed with his 100% correct poll.

Whew! Amazing game by both sides. The difference in this game was William Blount's defense. They kept Burton and Sensabaugh in check tonight, and held the Indians to only 10 points, despite the offense putting them in the worst possible situations. They also got the key field position for the first WB score. If the Govs didn't commit three fumbles, this game could have been alot less close. Dobyns Bennett is a great team, but, this shows their lack of a schedule. Whenever they hit a test, the offense hits a wall. William Blount's offense was moving the ball fairly well, but, turnovers cost them. The Walkers had an outstanding night running the football, Baskin contributed alot to the special teams and gave some fire to the offense, and Burstrom gave the offense a couple of huge sparks with runs of his. Go Govs!

It's not DB's fault they play an easy schedule. Actually, partly it is their fault. Their conference is HORRIBLE with 1 test per year, if even that, normally. It is them playing these TERRIBLE 4A schools that kills them. I understand the South rivalry but I really think they should without a doubt drop TN High from the schedule FOR GOOD. It is OBVIOUS TN High is not able to play with them, so why not go schedule a game against a good Region 2 team, or even Maryville, if they would schedule it. But, once again, another choke job. I lay this one all in the coach's laps. DB's offense went WAY to conservative AGAIN!! Every time they threw the ball deep, they connected, or at least had a man open. EVERY SINGLE TIME. They kept going to those screens and comebacks that did not work instead of just spreading them out and letting it fly. William Blount was BIG and PHYSICAL, but were SLOW. DB throws the ball deep, DB wins. They didn't, so they got beat. 13 points should NEVER be enough to beat a DB team with that much talent.

Congratulations Gov's. Congratulations Coach Clark! NOT!!

I was wondering if WB's game plan was similiar to what it was against Ooltewah (play keep away, eat up the clock, pound Walker down the D's throat, and play a field postion game with their outstanding kicking game)? Good job Govs.

On the subject of DB, was it like this (percieved weak schedule) before the 5 class system? IMO, this system stinks, especially in the East Tennssee 5A setup. Nobody should have to drive 2 hours to play a region game and play teams that you don't play in ANYTHING else. Oh well, off of my soap box.