I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cocke County (52): Morgan Buda 13, Courtney Lewis 11, Shannon Depew 11, Jerrica Lane 9, Alex Suggs 3, Kelsey Lloyd 2, Nikki Bryant.

Morristown East (45): Demika Holt 15, Ashton Swaggerty 13, Leah Leeper 10, Kayla Orrick 4, Jessie Owen 3.

CCHS: 18/45 FG (40%), 11/22 FT (50%), 4/13 3-PT FG (30.7%), 36 RBS, 20 TO

MEHS: 15/58 FG (25.8%), 11/22 FT (50%), 4/14 3-PT FG (28.6%), 37 RBS, 18 TO

I too want to honor Haley Chambers. I am truly sorry that she was unable to play the past two weeks, and I am hoping that the Lady Patriots can win Wednesday so as to ensure a Regional spot, and hopefully another chance for Haley to suit up.

She is an outstanding student and great lady, I know great things are ahead of her!! Thank you Haley for being a good freind to my daughter and a role model for the Lady Patriots. B):thumb:

Way to go Lady Patriots!!!!! Now Haley has a chance to play, and if you can win Friday, she gets to play on her home court next Friday.

You had lots of great energy tonight, and completely took Cherokee out of their game. Everyone contributed, played hard and controled the game for the last 19 minutes. :o

See everyone Friday! What could be better, Friday night, Jefferson County versus Morristown West, neutral court!!! Make the drive Patriot fans, these girls deserve your support! :D:o

Region Watch

Looking out down the line.

Dobyns-Bennett is out of the regional race. Daniel Boone upset them by 20 (59-39) tonight. Boone had a 22-3 fourth quarter advantage.

Science Hill beat Volunteer 68-44.

Region teams will be TN High, Science Hill, Boone and Sullivan Central/Sullivan South (Tomorrow at 6 PM). Central won by 11 at home but lost by 5 on the road.

Way to go Lady Red! Big win for program and for next year! And now we have an opportunity. Basketball is about opportunity. We are a decided underdog. My daughter plays soccer and basketball and we have never come close to Greenville in either sport. But sport is about opportunity. Tournament time, our house and the No 1 team in the state. It's an opportunity.

Lady Red congrats. Shannon is just a big time player. Made several mid-range shots, had big rebounds, and made free-throws. Morgan controlled the game, made a couple of shots and was in charge at the end of the game. Nikkie (who was sick all day), Courtney L and Kelsey L had big-time rebounds and made enough points. Alex is our best athletic and played big tonight. And Jerrica was a senior on floor. Why she came out with 2:00 to go in the 2nd quarter, is beyond explaination, thought, reason, or even sanity after nailing 3 consecutive 3's. B/c suddenly her game is exploding. Good game everyone. Best thing is that we finished - which we did not do against Cherokee.

We are still vunlerable on the boards and our zone defense has enough holes for passes. We still have too many turnovers (tonight I atribute to East's pressure). East, even more than Cherokee, is just a tough match-up for us because of their quickness.

Congrats to East, too. I like the athletically ability of East. I am sorry I don't know their names. I like the big girl. She is a force inside. I know that you made some 3's tonight, but I would go inside with her far more often. I also like No 25 - I think, she is a freshman, she made the 4 freethrows to beat us last time. We have no match up for her. If I were an East parent and fan, I would have to wonder why she was not on the floor more tonight. I would also have to wonder why the coach went away from his 2 team approach - why do you change at tournament time! If East could stay away from turnovers, find a disciplined half-court offensive looking for size and quickness down low and then uses their athletic ablity by running, I look for East to be a great team next year. With their numbes, I am a little surprised that they don't play a full court pressure game. There were lots of freshman and somphores for both teams on the court tonight.

Finally, officiating. I quess this is tournament ball. Lots of very physical play and a couple of questionable calls - that actually went our way. Though I don't think officating played a role in the outcome. But I think the officials association and the AD's put themselves at great risk that is so unnecessary. There is no logical reason that Buddy Hartsell calls that game tonight. No reason. He has major ties to CCHS. Now, hear me - I trust Buddy completley. My sons have played baseball with him all over this state, but why do you set yourself up for potential controversy, when you have someone with known ties to a school call that ball game. There is no reason to open yourself up to that complaint. I am not questioning Buddy's integrity or his ability b/c I would rather have Buddy call most games, just we have other officals that could have called that game. I just think the AD's need to take stronger leadership and not let the association control the game.

Enough rambling.

Congrats, LADY RED! Opportunity awaits!

WOW!!!! excellent well thought out, insightful post.....breath of fresh air...good luck roosters..... :thumb:

Region Watch

Looking out down the line.

Dobyns-Bennett is out of the regional race. Daniel Boone upset them by 20 (59-39) tonight. Boone had a 22-3 fourth quarter advantage.

Science Hill beat Volunteer 68-44.

Region teams will be TN High, Science Hill, Boone and Sullivan Central/Sullivan South (Tomorrow at 6 PM). Central won by 11 at home but lost by 5 on the road.

Well at least Jeff County wont have to worry about DB, huh RR?

Way to go Lady Red! Big win for program and for next year! And now we have an opportunity. Basketball is about opportunity. We are a decided underdog. My daughter plays soccer and basketball and we have never come close to Greenville in either sport. But sport is about opportunity. Tournament time, our house and the No 1 team in the state. It's an opportunity.

Lady Red congrats. Shannon is just a big time player. Made several mid-range shots, had big rebounds, and made free-throws. Morgan controlled the game, made a couple of shots and was in charge at the end of the game. Nikkie (who was sick all day), Courtney L and Kelsey L had big-time rebounds and made enough points. Alex is our best athletic and played big tonight. And Jerrica was a senior on floor. Why she came out with 2:00 to go in the 2nd quarter, is beyond explaination, thought, reason, or even sanity after nailing 3 consecutive 3's. B/c suddenly her game is exploding. Good game everyone. Best thing is that we finished - which we did not do against Cherokee.

We are still vunlerable on the boards and our zone defense has enough holes for passes. We still have too many turnovers (tonight I atribute to East's pressure). East, even more than Cherokee, is just a tough match-up for us because of their quickness.

Congrats to East, too. I like the athletically ability of East. I am sorry I don't know their names. I like the big girl. She is a force inside. I know that you made some 3's tonight, but I would go inside with her far more often. I also like No 25 - I think, she is a freshman, she made the 4 freethrows to beat us last time. We have no match up for her. If I were an East parent and fan, I would have to wonder why she was not on the floor more tonight. I would also have to wonder why the coach went away from his 2 team approach - why do you change at tournament time! If East could stay away from turnovers, find a disciplined half-court offensive looking for size and quickness down low and then uses their athletic ablity by running, I look for East to be a great team next year. With their numbes, I am a little surprised that they don't play a full court pressure game. There were lots of freshman and somphores for both teams on the court tonight.

Finally, officiating. I quess this is tournament ball. Lots of very physical play and a couple of questionable calls - that actually went our way. Though I don't think officating played a role in the outcome. But I think the officials association and the AD's put themselves at great risk that is so unnecessary. There is no logical reason that Buddy Hartsell calls that game tonight. No reason. He has major ties to CCHS. Now, hear me - I trust Buddy completley. My sons have played baseball with him all over this state, but why do you set yourself up for potential controversy, when you have someone with known ties to a school call that ball game. There is no reason to open yourself up to that complaint. I am not questioning Buddy's integrity or his ability b/c I would rather have Buddy call most games, just we have other officals that could have called that game. I just think the AD's need to take stronger leadership and not let the association control the game.

Enough rambling.

Congrats, LADY RED! Opportunity awaits!

excellent post until...there was no reason for the official you speak of to not officiate that game, there was also an official with significant ties to east on the floor, so i think that point is moot. just ask pts, he's had comments as have many cchs fans concerning a certain call made by a certain official at a certain gym in morristown in a cetain game between cchs and east. as long as the cchs boy's team is not on the floor, there is no reason for the official you speak of not to be on that game. END OF STORY. why must we continue to speak about official's by name on this site?????? :thumb:

excellent post until...there was no reason for the official you speak of to not officiate that game, there was also an official with significant ties to east on the floor, so i think that point is moot. just ask pts, he's had comments as have many cchs fans concerning a certain call made by a certain official at a certain gym in morristown in a cetain game between cchs and east. as long as the cchs boy's team is not on the floor, there is no reason for the official you speak of not to be on that game. END OF STORY. why must we continue to speak about official's by name on this site?????? :thumb:

I have to disagree. If you have a son or daughter that plays on that schools team and one of those teams are playing then the parent (offical) should not be allowed to ref that game. I know that they could have got another official to call the game. I am not saying that the official would be unbiased, but to protect the image of himself and the school it would be in the best interst to find someone else. I think the biggest issue is the offical is a parent of a player on one of cocke counties boy team. Whether it is right or wrong who knows, but just for the sake of it find someone else to call the game.

it was just tic for tac and thankfully came from obviously an honest rooster fan.

in defense of them everybody would have known who was being talked about anyway. take an aspirin. or better yet i will you're giving me a headache...its never the end of the story.

I am very proud of the fact that we have kept this tread open through 645+ posts.

So in light of that, lets not digress at the end of the season into a grouch session. I really appreciate a recent comment by a supposedly new person to this thread that we were providing good insight into the conference and the individual games. I would really like that to continue.

Our bantor has been fun, and in good humor. Let's try to maintain that. My daughter knows someone on just about every team in the conference (the age of MYSPACE!) and plays or has played AAU with several. I enjoy keeping track on the ladies, and really appreciate the comments made in here about the various schools.

There are many other threads on some other sports that cannot stay open for 45 posts, let alone 645. I am not saying that we are currently having problems, but I don't want to see us go in a bad direction. :thumb: