Maryville AAA State Champions!

Rebel96

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MLREB @ Mar 18 2007 - 09:01 PM) 826416765[/snapback]No pressure on Ryan regardless of his grade level. He is as cool as the middle seed of a cucumber. What you need to understand it that Maryville is a school of champions and pressure at the state level is nothing new. It possibly helped that they had a few kids on the roster that already have a fist full of State Championship rings.

What a very flaring and unhumbling post.............not a very popular way to represent. I understand being proud and supporting your guys but come on man.

QUOTE(King21 @ Mar 18 2007 - 09:27 PM) 826416923[/snapback]congrats to coach e from a livingston academy student, wouldnt you know the twins would win em both a championship in their respected sports.....congrats to maryville and coach e

I would also like to congratulate Coach E on the title. I would also like to say to the other Coach E what a good job he did with the LIBERTY football team in 2005. George Plaster just showed what an idiot he is. To the basketball Coach E, Hal Morris is still the best hitter to ever play the game of baseball.

QUOTE(bubblegum99 @ Mar 18 2007 - 09:38 PM) 826416946[/snapback]I would also like to congratulate Coach E on the title. I would also like to say to the other Coach E what a good job he did with the LIBERTY football team in 2005. George Plaster just showed what an idiot he is. To the basketball Coach E, Hal Morris is still the best hitter to ever play the game of baseball.

Maryville should be strong for many years to come with Douglas(the best big man in the state), and the shooting of Damron,Click and Lambert. Next year they will be tough as ever and their freshman crop is outstanding and big. Reynolds will give Maryville a unique size advantage over just about everyone. Defense was the key to Maryville's success in the tournament and the big man plugged the middle like no one else in the tournament. He deserves alot more credit and was the "big difference". Douglas will need to consider playing two sports in college and is truly a unique athlete. I think next year Click is the point , allowing Damron and Lambert to do what they do best , shooting the threes. Pickle should also be a big contributer with his inside game. Keep it going guys and repeat . By the way who were the two guys who went into the Clarkesville fan section? Must of been football players?

Rebelron I anticipate Big Aaron having more than 4 State Championship rings. How about 5 or 6? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

MLREB do you think Moe has come back to Earth yet? I know I haven't.

Coach E is class. Anyone who saw his post game interview can see that.

Thanks to the Maryville Rebels for making my Spring Break a tiring one, but one of the most memorable ever. To get to call a Double Overtime buzzer beater to win the State Championship. Wow. Good job by the whole team....a team that played in spurts during the regular season, and, quite honestly, played defense half heartedly at times. When the money was on the line in the tourneys, however, the Rebels made the clutch plays. Congrats from WB!!

QUOTE(etcoach @ Mar 19 2007 - 07:06 AM) 826417236[/snapback]Thanks to the Maryville Rebels for making my Spring Break a tiring one, but one of the most memorable ever. To get to call a Double Overtime buzzer beater to win the State Championship. Wow. Good job by the whole team....a team that played in spurts during the regular season, and, quite honestly, played defense half heartedly at times. When the money was on the line in the tourneys, however, the Rebels made the clutch plays. Congrats from WB!!

etcoach good job.

Unbelievable performance in Murfreesboro by the Rebels. I wish more Rebel fans would have been there to see it but I certainly understand people making other plans for their spring break. I sure wasn't expecting to be in Murfreesboro watching Maryville play basketball, either. We did have a pretty good turnout Saturday for the championship game.

As for the championship game, my unsung hero award would have to go to Wes Lambert. Wes played super defense all night on Clarksville's best shooter # 10. Wes also came up with a huge "hustle play" when he got a loose ball in the second overtime to set up Jordan for a three pointer that tied the game.

Congratulations to the Rebels.

QUOTE(Norman Dale @ Mar 19 2007 - 08:00 AM) 826417274[/snapback]Unbelievable performance in Murfreesboro by the Rebels. I wish more Rebel fans would have been there to see it but I certainly understand people making other plans for their spring break. I sure wasn't expecting to be in Murfreesboro watching Maryville play basketball, either. We did have a pretty good turnout Saturday for the championship game.

As for the championship game, my unsung hero award would have to go to Wes Lambert. Wes played super defense all night on Clarksville's best shooter # 10. Wes also came up with a huge "hustle play" when he got a loose ball in the second overtime to set up Jordan for a three pointer that tied the game.

Congratulations to the Rebels.

You don't have to look very far to see where Jordan gets his "class" from ... the acorn doesn't fall very far from the tree. Great shout-out to Wes also. One moment I loved ... during a time-out break just as Maryville was running back out on the floor, Wes looked up at his daddy and Randy gave him a "fist pump" as if to say, "take it to the hole". Very next play, Wes slashes through two guys and hits a reverse lay-up.

Everyone contributed for the Rebels. I was proud of the way Will Jolley played. I was so glad for his sake the Rebs pulled it out. He made one mistake--with the spotlight glaring on him--but it was still just one, just like everyone else on the team had at some point or other. Other than that, he contributed some great minutes throughout the tournament.

By the way ... didn't Jordan's dad play in the state championship game some 25 years ago?

QUOTE(Kevin38 @ Mar 18 2007 - 09:53 PM) 826416865[/snapback]What a very flaring and unhumbling post.............not a very popular way to represent. I understand being proud and supporting your guys but come on man.

Unhumbling?.....was there anything in my post that wasn't true. Maryville is a school of champions and many of the kids on the team sport championship rings.....I know because I have paid for a few. Facts are facts Kevin so love it or hate it .....really could care less

Spin it however you want Kevin but your classless posts basically bashes on the state champions and a whines with a bunch of excuses for a great Clarksville team. They were not the only team to play OT as Maryville went overtime in game one to beat Bradley Central.

Now.....I am finished with you! Got a celebration to attend and really have no time for senseless banter.