big 9 basketball

unc1

That's because Coach Vaughn knows a great player when he sees one. It's the other players who don't GET the ball to him and wont let him get into his game.

What makes you think Vaughn won't let him in his game? He rarely gets taken out even if he DOES miss a ton of shots in a row. He got taken out last night cause he lost his man on defense and he went backdoor and scored. Vannoy IS a good player but like I said in another post, it's going to take a TEAM effort to bring them back.DeVault and Albright looked good last night down low on offense but couldn't do much with Canty. Box did a great job at the point. Roberts did absolutely nothing. Vannoy had a decent game. He forced some shots and had a few TOs but the others did also. The bench did not contribute at all. When you're supposed to be a shooting team and your post player has the only three ball of the game you're not going to win many games. DeVault is the one consistent player on the Cougars roster IMO. Almost every game I've seen he's been pretty consistent down low WHEN he gets the ball. Maybe I've missed his bad games IDK. I don't know who you are but IF you watch the games you have to see that Vannoy needs to play more under control to be effective, when he comes down and takes wild 3s with noone underneath to rebound it kills them. JMO

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The combiation is GET the Ball to Vannoy. We both know that evrytime he has had a chance to play his game he has been the top player on the court and the team won and he was MVP and put most scores on. I'm not trying to start something on hear i'm just stating fact and you know it and evrybody else know it to.

I have to reply to this one also, IF you think all there is to basketball IS scoring you're wrong. He cannot and will not play defense, he doesn't rebound, and he doesn't hustle back when he misses a shot, which is quite a bit. Yes he had a good game against Twin Valley and was MVP of the tourney but how much defense did he play that wknd? How many rebounds,steals, or assists did he have? I didn't see many in each category. This is not written toward Vannoy himself but to you sixton unless you are Vannoy. I've said before he's a good player just not great. It's a TEAM game and you nor him know anything about that. If he wants to standout individually maybe he should try playing Golf!

I have to reply to this one also, IF you think all there is to basketball IS scoring you're wrong. He cannot and will not play defense, he doesn't rebound, and he doesn't hustle back when he misses a shot, which is quite a bit. Yes he had a good game against Twin Valley and was MVP of the tourney but how much defense did he play that wknd? How many rebounds,steals, or assists did he have? I didn't see many in each category. This is not written toward Vannoy himself but to you sixton unless you are Vannoy. I've said before he's a good player just not great. It's a TEAM game and you nor him know anything about that. If he wants to standout individually maybe he should try playing Golf!

Odo, you are speaking Gospel my friend. Those two posts you just had made me stand to my feet and giving you a rousing "Amen" and a thunderous round of applause. Not only are you saying everything I've been trying to say, but you give me another person backing me up on this. You're the man of the hour. Here's what I suspect, though. I think sixtonjoseph might be trying to get a rise out of us. Because nobody who is walking God's green earth can tell me that Vannoy isn't killing the Cougars. No defense, no court vision, bad shot selection, a horrendous on-court attitude. He's the guy controlling the ball all the time, so there's no way that sixtonjoseph can say Vannoy needs the ball more. I'm pretty sure he's just trying to get us riled up. If he truely believes what he's been posting then he has gone so far past crazy that there isn't enough voltage in the world that could bring him back to sanity.

Ok??¦enough is enough. I??™ve never really gotten along with the Central faithful, but I adapted the motto ???don??™t start none won??™t be none???. But when you start trashing your own players even I gotta draw the line. Last night I had the pleasure of meeting Nathan and his parents and let me assure you that they are very loving parents that (just like many of us) only want the best for their kids??¦even at the expense of being perceived as outsiders to other Central parents and fans. They know his strengths AND his weaknesses and want to see him improve and grow. But they are finding out that for the most part we play ???SLOW BALL??? here in these hills??¦that??™s just the way it is. Nathan would benefit from more of a transitional up tempo game plan. Watching Central for the first time this year and??¦well??¦I only know one way to call things, and that??™s like a see it??¦ /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> so take this only as my opinion. IMO the Player of the Year is not on the Central team as of right now??¦by a long stretch. Tyler Devault is a very good basketball player and from what I saw??¦he??™s a shoe-in for Team MVP. I can see why some think Vannoy is being bottled up in the Central system because it??™s obvious that he can handle himself pretty well off the dribble one on one??¦but there is no room for that in Coach Vaughn??™s system at this time. He should think about running Vannoy at point until ???Uptown??? Brown returns... It may open up his offense a little if he had someone that was a threat to score off the dribble teeing up the plays. Just from seeing him this one time it??™s easy to see he??™s clearly one of the top TWO skilled players on that team??¦so stop haten!!! After hearing all the talk about Roberts I was disappointed to say the least??¦and I??™ll leave that at that. Coach Vaughn is a very good Coach and (from the outside looking in) if the parents would stop throwing gas on the fire (at home and on here) this team can get on the same page and keep it in between the lines until ???Uptown??? returns to the drivers seat. You would be surprised to see how kids can work things out if we just stay out of their business. Most of the time they know who needs to have the ball in their hands...they just don't want to let the parents down and admit it. AGAIN in true Cap1 fashion??¦this is JMO. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Ok??¦enough is enough. I??™ve never really gotten along with the Central faithful, but I adapted the motto ???don??™t start none won??™t be none???. But when you start trashing your own players even I gotta draw the line. Last night I had the pleasure of meeting Nathan and his parents and let me assure you that they are very loving parents that (just like many of us) only want the best for their kids??¦even at the expense of being perceived as outsiders to other Central parents and fans. They know his strengths AND his weaknesses and want to see him improve and grow. But they are finding out that for the most part we play ???SLOW BALL??? here in these hills??¦that??™s just the way it is. Nathan would benefit from more of a transitional up tempo game plan. Watching Central for the first time this year and??¦well??¦I only know one way to call things, and that??™s like a see it??¦ /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> so take this only as my opinion. IMO the Player of the Year is not on the Central team as of right now??¦by a long stretch. Tyler Devault is a very good basketball player and from what I saw??¦he??™s a shoe-in for Team MVP. I can see why some think Vannoy is being bottled up in the Central system because it??™s obvious that he can handle himself pretty well off the dribble one on one??¦but there is no room for that in Coach Vaughn??™s system at this time. He should think about running Vannoy at point until ???Uptown??? Brown returns... It may open up his offense a little if he had someone that was a threat to score off the dribble teeing up the plays. Just from seeing him this one time it??™s easy to see he??™s clearly one of the top TWO skilled players on that team??¦so stop haten!!! After hearing all the talk about Roberts I was disappointed to say the least??¦and I??™ll leave that at that. Coach Vaughn is a very good Coach and (from the outside looking in) if the parents would stop throwing gas on the fire (at home and on here) this team can get on the same page and keep it in between the lines until ???Uptown??? returns to the drivers seat. You would be surprised to see how kids can work things out if we just stay out of their business. Most of the time they know who needs to have the ball in their hands...they just don't want to let the parents down and admit it. AGAIN in true Cap1 fashion??¦this is JMO. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Ah, Cap so because you met the parents you are singing his praises to high heaven? You guys getting married or something? Why else meet the parents? You met them once and you're convinced they're great loving people. Having good parents doesn't make you a good basketball player. In any type of system, up-tempo, half-court, you still gotta play defense, take smart shots, and play with a positive attitude. Vannoy doesn't display those characteristics. The thing is, Vannoy can control all of this stuff, that's why I've been going off about him. If Austin Box reads this, I'm sorry for the earlier disses of your game. Box plays with what he has, and that's all you can ask for. Vannoy subtracts so much from what really is a pretty talented player. If he wanted to, he could play tough defense, shoot more shots under control, rebound, and stop sulking on the court. For a wing, he has very good size and he's athletic, to me that rings of a game changer. Well, he does change the game, but not for the better. Cap, let me put this in a light that you can understand, if I was starting a team, I would take every starter you had and maybe a couple of bench guys before I'd take Vannoy. And you guys are what, 9-7?

I really don't see what parents have to do with the situation of the Central team. This should be between the players and coaches. You are the very one to talk about throwing gas on the fire (on this board). I heard a quote a little while ago. If you can't play basketball, "YOU COACH", if you can't do either you "REF", and in your case if you cannot do either of these, YOU POST ON COACH T. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I heard a quote a little while ago. If you can't play basketball, "YOU COACH", if you can't do either you "REF", and in your case if you cannot do either of these, YOU POST ON COACH T. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Are you laughing at yourself too? Your quote applies to you as well. Point is, Vannoy is a nice kid with good parents. I personally don't care much for his play, but he has potential. Doesn't take away from his personality, but on the court he is not producing at the moment. The Cougars, as a team, are lost right now, trying to find an identity. It's not solely anyones fault. Vannoy, who has taken most of the shots this season, surely deserves the most criticism when Sullivan Central is losing. I suppose we'll see what response he gets when they are consistantly winning again, if that happens, and who gets the credit. Let us not forget, though, Vannoy did transfer from Sullivan East and is a junior. That information coupled with the comments made by others on this thread, actually is fuel for the fire.

Ok??¦enough is enough. I??™ve never really gotten along with the Central faithful, but I adapted the motto ???don??™t start none won??™t be none???. But when you start trashing your own players even I gotta draw the line.

Cap, I have not trashed Vannoy in my posts, just posting facts. You've seen 1 game he's played in and met his parents. I also have met them and him, they are great people and he is a great kid BUT as I stated before he needs to start playing under control, taking better shots, and playing defense. I also posted one for sixtonjoseph, this guy is nuts. I have always said Vannoy is a good player but he needs to play under control. If not, the cougars may not win another game,except Battle. As far as Brown goes don't look for his return this yr. He has a severely dislocated arm and may not be back.

The second half of the season has started and already some interesting controversy. This issue squarely rides on the shoulders of the coach. It is not for us to assume that Vannoy has the green light or the coach has tried to contain his play. It's amazing when a team is losing, how people have the perfect remedy to fix all ailments. Some of these people should quickly go to their school administrators and apply for a head coaching position since they CLEARLY know how to coach, and do it better than our Big Nine coaching carousel. I love this coacht.com website, but sometimes things can get a little outta hand. As the TN High banner reads in Viking Hall.... "Let the players play, coaches coach, refs ref, etc....." If you have not seen this banner, please feel free to support the TN High basketball team one night, take a trip to Viking Hall, and educate yourself in the process. Then go back to your supporting team and have some fun. GOD BLESS!!!!!

The second half of the season has started and already some interesting controversy. This issue squarely rides on the shoulders of the coach. It is not for us to assume that Vannoy has the green light or the coach has tried to contain his play. It's amazing when a team is losing, how people have the perfect remedy to fix all ailments. Some of these people should quickly go to their school administrators and apply for a head coaching position since they CLEARLY know how to coach, and do it better than our Big Nine coaching carousel. I love this coacht.com website, but sometimes things can get a little outta hand. As the TN High banner reads in Viking Hall.... "Let the players play, coaches coach, refs ref, etc....." If you have not seen this banner, please feel free to support the TN High basketball team one night, take a trip to Viking Hall, and educate yourself in the process. Then go back to your supporting team and have some fun. GOD BLESS!!!!!

Stok, let it be known that I have no coaching experience, but there's two things I know. I could do a better job coaching the Los Angeles Clippers and I could do a better job coaching the 2008-2009 Cougars. I'm not saying I have all the answers and Central could start beating everyone but I certainly could do a better job managing the players who never seem to be on the same page. Believe me, there's some anamosity between those players right now, there's gotta be. Anybody could smoothe that over better than Vaughn.