big 9 basketball

unc1

What a bunch of GOONS!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> This Volunteer program under Whitmore continues to be a problem year after year and I think it's about time for someone to take action on getting them removed from the Big 9!!!!! There was another team that couldn't win games without back yard redneck antics back in the 80s and they were removed from the conference as well...and have never been allowed back...that was Erwin (Unicoi). In Whitmore's interview he doesn't even comment on how wrong and embarrassing the action of his (and Crockets) players were. As a matter of face he said "We went on the road and faced adversity,'' said Whittemore. "But we were able to win and I am proud of my kids.'' WHAT....PROUD OF YOUR KIDS??!!!!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> He shows his hand in that comment...WIN...by any means necessary. This guy is out of control....basically a BIG KID leading high school kids. I don't see why the parents of these players don't see the writing on the wall and have him removed. I say kick them out...we don't need a goon squad in the Big 9 and as long as Whitmore is coaching, that is all the Volunteer program will be. By the way...I saw the clip on the news last night and if 15 seconds of video is worth a thousand words...the message would be, OUT OF CONTROL GOON SQAUD!!! /sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" />

One more thing...we have all had to deal with the poor officiating in this area so that is no excuse for resulting to blows out on the court. I will agree though that somethings got to give with the inconsistency of these officials...they seem to have adapted this "lets keep it close" philosophy. Who were the officials of last nights game?

You are 100% correct Cap1. Now look for the Volunteer fans to follow with "Whitmore doesn't teach his players to play dirty" Just like they have the other 201 times.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dobyns-Bennett killed Sullivan Central. The Cougars looked like they had never played against a team playing defense against them. Numerous walks and carrying the ball were called and several were not called against the Cougars. I guess the Refs felt bad for them.

DB is playing better and better. They do not look like the same team from just a couple of weeks ago. AA, Ashlon Adams and Jordan Edwards inside play is awesome and the Guards are getting them the ball. When the Indians shoot the outside shot like they have been since the Boone game, we can't be beat by any local team.

That was a statement Friday night in the Dome!

Roll Tribe Roll

So right on you are.DB looked and played as a team tonight.Central beating them earlier in the year was a fluke.Coach Vaughn never did have an answer for DB's defense.All Central has got is 3 point shooters and they must have stayed at Hightops house and listened to the game on the radio tonight.

What a bunch of GOONS!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> This Volunteer program under Whitmore continues to be a problem year after year and I think it's about time for someone to take action on getting them removed from the Big 9!!!!! There was another team that couldn't win games without back yard redneck antics back in the 80s and they were removed from the conference as well...and have never been allowed back...that was Erwin (Unicoi). In Whitmore's interview he doesn't even comment on how wrong and embarrassing the action of his (and Crockets) players were. As a matter of face he said "We went on the road and faced adversity,'' said Whittemore. "But we were able to win and I am proud of my kids.'' WHAT....PROUD OF YOUR KIDS??!!!!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> He shows his hand in that comment...WIN...by any means necessary. This guy is out of control....basically a BIG KID leading high school kids. I don't see why the parents of these players don't see the writing on the wall and have him removed. I say kick them out...we don't need a goon squad in the Big 9 and as long as Whitmore is coaching, that is all the Volunteer program will be. By the way...I saw the clip on the news last night and if 15 seconds of video is worth a thousand words...the message would be, OUT OF CONTROL GOON SQAUD!!! /sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" />

One more thing...we have all had to deal with the poor officiating in this area so that is no excuse for resulting to blows out on the court. I will agree though that somethings got to give with the inconsistency of these officials...they seem to have adapted this "lets keep it close" philosophy. Who were the officials of last nights game?

CAP1....let me start by saying that I think both teams and programs, along with the Big Nine, all lost last night. Now...for you to attack JUST the Volunteer program is not fair. The last time this happened with the stitches to a Volunteer kid, everyone thought it was them being bad again when in fact it was one of Crockett's players that fouled him hard going in for a layup. You said nothing about the game they played against TN High. Why? Because you had nothing to say to a clean and complete game, of which I might add the Falcons let a ten point lead in the fourth quarter slip away. You made it clear what Whitt said, but failed to show how this whole thing got ignited and didn't cite Crockett's coach as saying""The last time we played, we were ahead by a point or two with about 20 seconds left and they hit a last-second shot to beat us. That was an emotional game and this one was too.'' Why did you leave out or not attack the coach for saying this? It all started in the game against the girls the Crockett fans thought the foul disparity was uneven, and it was allowed to continue into the boys game. If you were there, you would know that the Crockett kid made the first punch (watch the video), then Cameron retaliated with a kick and swing and both benched cleared. If you also saw the clip, then you saw Whitt trying to stop the fight while the refs were standing on the outside letting it get out of hand. I will not stick up for either program from last night because it is a bad situation for the Big Nine, the programs, and all of East Tennessee for that matter. But your lack of unbiased reports will not go unnoticed. You could have said something about both sides, but you didn't and let your bias for Whitt get in the way. You have been rather quiet on here lately. Could it be you don't like the way the Vikes are playing and know they might be on borrowed time with all these close games? I do respect your posts on here but sometimes you get one-sided on things before you know the whole deal. Like I said.....BOTH TEAMS were an embarassment last night. GOD Bless and please forgive the actions of any involved last night.

It's nice to see Coach Morgan work Devon Sylvester into games going down the stretch. Hopefully that'll give him some confidence when he is put into games come tournament time. With his addition to the regular starters and subs, it pushes Dobyns Bennett's players seeing regular playing time out to eight.

Justin Sylvester

Ashlon Adams

Jordan Edwards

Todd Halverson

Dustin McConnell

Darius Davis

Adam Denison

Devon Sylvester

Like I said last night if you werent there you have no horse in this race. So Cap stop calling names you have no clue as to what happened. We have tape of Crockett throwing the first punch. Do you expext the recipient of that punch to take it and say thank you for putting me in my place? If so you are the biggest wuss I have ever come up upon. The team getting off the bench was wrong but they were defending their "teammate" as they should have. I challenge any player out there to tell me they would of sat there and let there player take that beating. Turning the other cheek just aint gonna happen in high school sports. Not once did you happen to mention that Crocketts coach had already gotten a technical and they had a fan thrown out. No with you Cap its always dogging Coach Whitt and the Falcon program. We are so sick and tired of your ignorant comments on this thread. I would NEVER get on here and talk about other programs as you have ours. Like I said you werent there so please keep your ignorant comments to yourself.

I don't think it matters if any of us was at the game or not, and we don't have to have a "horse" in the race to comment on what happened at the game. Looks like the people not at the game probably know more about what happened anyway because everybody that was there is giving a different account as to what happened. The reason most people are jumping on the Volunteer program is because this sort of thing keeps happening over and over again in their games. We all know that in the past they have been guility and we all know that they always deny it. As far as Cap "always dogging Coach Whitt and the Falcon program" now that is a ignorant comment. There is no "Falcon program" YOU JUST GOT 7 PLAYERS KICKED OUT OF A GAME FOR FIGHTING!!!! You call that a program? You can't play basketball.......you know you can't play basketball, so you play rough, and you tackle players, and you fight, and you try to start fights. Its been this way for several years, everybody you play knows it, so stop trying to deny it. You look stupid.

I don't think it matters if any of us was at the game or not, and we don't have to have a "horse" in the race to comment on what happened at the game. Looks like the people not at the game probably know more about what happened anyway because everybody that was there is giving a different account as to what happened. The reason most people are jumping on the Volunteer program is because this sort of thing keeps happening over and over again in their games. We all know that in the past they have been guility and we all know that they always deny it. As far as Cap "always dogging Coach Whitt and the Falcon program" now that is a ignorant comment. There is no "Falcon program" YOU JUST GOT 7 PLAYERS KICKED OUT OF A GAME FOR FIGHTING!!!! You call that a program? You can't play basketball.......you know you can't play basketball, so you play rough, and you tackle players, and you fight, and you try to start fights. Its been this way for several years, everybody you play knows it, so stop trying to deny it. You look stupid.

I sometimes wonder if the Volunteer girls program is any better, both times they played DB they kicked players and came up from behind and shoved players after play was over. I learned the skinny little girl that pushed one of our players at last game is just a freshmen, someone needs to do something to stop this crap now. If it ain't being coached it is coming from home.

Dobyns-Bennett killed Sullivan Central. The Cougars looked like they had never played against a team playing defense against them. Numerous walks and carrying the ball were called and several were not called against the Cougars. I guess the Refs felt bad for them.

DB is playing better and better. They do not look like the same team from just a couple of weeks ago. AA, Ashlon Adams and Jordan Edwards inside play is awesome and the Guards are getting them the ball. When the Indians shoot the outside shot like they have been since the Boone game, we can't be beat by any local team.

That was a statement Friday night in the Dome!

Roll Tribe Roll

Do I detect your still smarting over that loss at Central? Instead of coming on here with a bunch of smart #### remarks, take the blame for the first loss! You played like a bunch of bozo's and deserved to loose! The way I see it, as far as the season goes, it's Central and the "mighty" indians tied with 1 win apeace. Oh, and the "mighty" indians still 3rd in the conference! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> But you know what, it really doesn't matter because the "mighty" indians season will end just like ours will, with a big L. No amount of transfers will change it.

CAP1....let me start by saying that I think both teams and programs, along with the Big Nine, all lost last night. Now...for you to attack JUST the Volunteer program is not fair. The last time this happened with the stitches to a Volunteer kid, everyone thought it was them being bad again when in fact it was one of Crockett's players that fouled him hard going in for a layup. You said nothing about the game they played against TN High. Why? Because you had nothing to say to a clean and complete game, of which I might add the Falcons let a ten point lead in the fourth quarter slip away. You made it clear what Whitt said, but failed to show how this whole thing got ignited and didn't cite Crockett's coach as saying""The last time we played, we were ahead by a point or two with about 20 seconds left and they hit a last-second shot to beat us. That was an emotional game and this one was too.'' Why did you leave out or not attack the coach for saying this? It all started in the game against the girls the Crockett fans thought the foul disparity was uneven, and it was allowed to continue into the boys game. If you were there, you would know that the Crockett kid made the first punch (watch the video), then Cameron retaliated with a kick and swing and both benched cleared. If you also saw the clip, then you saw Whitt trying to stop the fight while the refs were standing on the outside letting it get out of hand. I will not stick up for either program from last night because it is a bad situation for the Big Nine, the programs, and all of East Tennessee for that matter. But your lack of unbiased reports will not go unnoticed. You could have said something about both sides, but you didn't and let your bias for Whitt get in the way. You have been rather quiet on here lately. Could it be you don't like the way the Vikes are playing and know they might be on borrowed time with all these close games? I do respect your posts on here but sometimes you get one-sided on things before you know the whole deal. Like I said.....BOTH TEAMS were an embarassment last night. GOD Bless and please forgive the actions of any involved last night.

Stoke how can you say ???I will not stick up for either program from last night because it is a bad situation for the Big Nine, the programs, and all of East Tennessee for that matter??? when your entire post was one big excuses. And this Isit5oclock joker may be Whitmore himself posting such a juvenile response as ???he hit me first???. So if Trent wouldn??™t have retaliated and allowed the officials to do their job after the punch was thrown??¦you would have considered him a ???wuss???? If this is the mentality of the Volunteer fan base and parents??¦then you deserve everything that has and will happen to this team and coach. And yes I did see Whitmore diving into the middle of the melee like a bar room bouncer. Trent was so out of control that several teammates plus two grown men (both well over 200 pounds and one wearing a gun) could barely control him. If my son would have reacted like that even if he where struck first??¦he would have to fight me when we got to the house!!!! Many times it??™s not your actions but your REACTION to another??™s action that defines your character.

WaCo is right??¦there is one common factor in all these incidents through out the last few years and it??™s the Volunteer Falcons. It??™s not me picking on your program or Whitmore??¦the fact is that you are always in the middle of MOST physical altercations that involves injury or ejection in this region. THAT IS A FACT!!!! QUIT DEFFENDING THIS CLOWN!!!! He may be a very likeable person, but whatever he is doing (or should I say not doing) is running that schools reputation into the ground!!! And Stoke??¦getting a technical foul and having to dive on the ground to try to control one of your out of control players show two different levels of self and team control IMO. And as far as the Vikings are concerned??¦they could lose to any of these teams on any given night especially with the officiating that we constantly have to battle. But the fact is that WE ARE #1 (10-1) right now??¦and we didn??™t have to beat anybody up to get there??¦so stop being a hater. Let me say with all certainty??¦the actions of all players involved (whether it was their action or reaction) would not have been tolerated at Tennessee High without consequences coming down from the Coach and the school (the A.D.). And I feel fairly certain I could say the same for DB and SHHS. These kids would be punished for their actions and reactions in ADDITION to what TSSAA would do. While the name of the game is WIN??¦these kids character and the character and reputation of the school will always come first. That??™s what separates the boys from the men. Instead Whitmore and obviously many parents and fans praise these kids for ???defending themselves and their teammates???. This is the Big 9 not the WWF! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Do I detect your still smarting over that loss at Central? Instead of coming on here with a bunch of smart #### remarks, take the blame for the first loss! You played like a bunch of bozo's and deserved to loose! The way I see it, as far as the season goes, it's Central and the "mighty" indians tied with 1 win apeace. Oh, and the "mighty" indians still 3rd in the conference! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> But you know what, it really doesn't matter because the "mighty" indians season will end just like ours will, with a big L. No amount of transfers will change it.

DB beat Central by 39 points last night. Nobody even remembers the loss at Central now, It was a obvious fluke. And the mighty Indians still have a chance to win the conference, Central has no chance. Also the Mighty Indians season might end with a loss (just like all other teams except the state champion) but it won't be like the loss Central will take. Has Central ever had a player transfer in, or do they all transfer out?

CAP1 & WACO......neither cared to read my post. Please tell me where you find that I was sticking up for Whitt? I never said it wasn't wrong or embarassing. I ONLY said you were being biased and on both accounts THIS YEAR that has had problems in a game...neither were invoked by Volunteer and it just happened to be the same team on both accounts. Where's the "oh look at Crockett's program...this is the second incident this year with them?" I said it was embarassing for BOTH teams, you chose to report only on Volunteer and scold Trent for retaliating of which he is wrong. BUT!!! What about the first blow? You never scolded anyone on Crockett's side for that did you? Both should be scolded for representing the Big Nine and all of East TN like that. It does put another "black eye" on the Volunteer program because many will write it off as Volunteer's doing "it" again. I am speaking about this year. The past will rear its ugly head when something like this happens. You have to deal with it and move on. I never said you were wrong for scolding Volunteer did I, so where was the defending? As for WACO....I really expected you to get on here along with Floor Genereal (surprised he's not weighted in yet). How long has it been since your last post in the Big Nine thread WACO? You may say I am defending Whitt; you are wrong. Crockett fans said they felt they are getting the wrong end of officiating because of there "lack of success" in recent years. I will agree with that statement, because the refs tend to let play happen with the "top dogs." But TWO teams were at fault last night, not one. Both TN High and DB fans said nothing of the games that were played against Volunteer not even how they gave them a good competitive game, but now are ready to jump to judgement and say it was their fault this whole thing started. In years past probably, but this year it is not. GOD Bless and again please forgive those from last night's embarassment.

Well I see they've figured out a way to spice up a boring bball conference! I was in Knoxville today to see my beloved Vols lose to Memphis and ran into a buddy from Church Hill that said he had went to a fight and a Volunteer game broke out! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As for the middle school tourney, what were the seedings and how has the tourney went so far?