Smith County hosts Pearl Cohn Rd. 1

imallin

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little suprised that bigreid and glover have folded. I will admit that since the half of the CC game things have been amiss and they haven't been the same team, but I still believe they can play. What's in the past is just that, in the past. The slate is wiped clean and starts anew, only you just get 1 game at a time to get it done. All they can do now is play as hard as they can. Play like there is no tomorrow, because this could be the last time some EVER play this game again. Leave it all on the field and be able to look in the mirror, and each other, and say they did all they could, win or lose. Win and play another day. Lose, be able to hold their head up and say I gave it all.

You are like the leaves in the fall,slowly fading away. :lol::lol:

As most are, or will. But I have something to look foward to. I can check the Basketball treads and get my fill of muffin's "GO........." and "CONGRATS..........". :lol:

A little suprised that bigreid and glover have folded. I will admit that since the half of the CC game things have been amiss and they haven't been the same team, but I still believe they can play. What's in the past is just that, in the past. The slate is wiped clean and starts anew, only you just get 1 game at a time to get it done. All they can do now is play as hard as they can. Play like there is no tomorrow, because this could be the last time some EVER play this game again. Leave it all on the field and be able to look in the mirror, and each other, and say they did all they could, win or lose. Win and play another day. Lose, be able to hold their head up and say I gave it all.

wow .. very well said Termie, well said indeed. Spoken like a true fan, never give up, never look back ...

Hey bluebellz... Which game you going to Fri night??? SC or Gordons?? At least we wont have to take a seats this week!!!

I must I must I must watch the Tigers this week, seating will be good, if I sit, the crowd will be very much into the game .. can't wait. The little Tiger people are being recognized too at the game so it's a special night for us up on the branch ... if you get bored come on over .. I'll save you a spot !!

What exactly do the Smith County fans think about playing Pearl Cohn?

It's nice to play a different playoff opponent for a change. It will be interesting to see which SC will show up after 2 straight miserable showings. It's not supposed to rain all week...so it should be a good track. PC has had some great players in the past...and they have some pretty good ones this year. Should be fun.

The owls will be ready for this game. The boys know that its time to play hard or go home.The senior bunch know they have to lay it all out or its their last time on the field showing the smith county pride.They have got what it takes to win they just[must] have to bring it all out on the field for 48 min. friday night. We usually play better as the underdog as this will be the case come friday. The boys , the coaches and the fans have got to bring the football pride and fire of smith co. pride to this game.I have to admit it has all been kinda low keyed in the hole this year. I haven't missed a SC football game in Coach Maynards 11 yr. reign, and i can say that this has been the lowest keyed crowd i have seen. Our team and crowd had better get off their rears and fire these boys up for this one! If we can do this we can go on to the second round! GO BIG OWLS AND ALL THE OWL FAITHFUL !

Termite, I haven't folded and you said it best buddy...If these Seniors can look each other in the eye and tell each other they gave their all then that's all (we) SC fans can ask for. If the "BEST" these Owls could do is how they've played the last two games then so be it. I'll still be there cheering for them.

The bottom line to me is I haven't seen a whole of inspired play from the players that are supposed to be leaders on this team. That's why I said "one and done". You can't just show up on Friday Night and expect to win because you are Smith County. Those Seniors have to lead from Monday through Thursdays practice and until the 4th quarter buzzer sounds on game night. It'll take a great week of preparation and focus for SC to survive and advance. Tuesday through Friday, Seniors, is all that you're guaranteed. Make the most of it. A win and you "might" get another shot at Cannon County. How bad do you want it?????

As most SC fans know, PC is a really good, physical and athletic football team that is alot better than their record.

To the muffster and all the other posters that want to stop by and take shots at SC...We get behind "our" team and "our" young men. We'll won't ever sit by and let you trash our team, our community and our SCP. P-spy...I actually went to the CC thread to attempt to show support for your team and you want to come here and run your fingers. That's the difference between me and you.

I believe the Owls will play up to the level of their competition this friday night. And they better because Pearl Cohn is loaded with athletes. Much like an Austin East or Fulton, usually those teams are very undisciplined which should be an advantage for the Owls.

To late for all this rah rah talk. Talk is cheap. Go out and get after some people. Execute what you have been taught. The speed of Pearl Cohn will definitely have the Owls on their toes. Good luck SC.