Pearl Cohn @ Smith County

glover

Calm down ladybug, all i did was make my prediction for this game and you get your bloomers all ruffled and start your "at least we beat gordonsville rant" and to be honest its boring when thats the best you can come up with year after year. Please dont put down the fine folks at gordonsville just because charlie is running his yap...(thats what i do) I have watched the owls several times this year and im sorry to offend you by saying YES they are very over rated !! IMHO they couldnt beat any team ranked in the 3a top ten. Am i wrong... maybe but i dont think so. PC will be on #25 like white on rice and they have the speed to contain the deep passing threat. I look for pearl to run it down your throat all night long. This will by far be the toughest team the owls have faced so far so do all your bragging now because friday night everyone will see just how over rated the owls are !! But on the bright side you can still come watch the tiggers play as we will be around for a few more weeks. I will for sure be there .. not to root for PC though, i just love the fireworks :thumb:

Haven't posted any this year but just been reading. This post tops the guy who thought Upperman would beat SC. PC may very well win this Friday, no one knows. This will probably be the best game in the state Friday night in any class. How could you say that SC could not beat anyone in the top ten in 3a? Look at Bledsoe's scores this year, that should be enough to answer that. Plus SC has beat 2 teams ranked in the 4A top ten. They are much better than they were at the Gordonsville game. Must have spiked the blue kool-aid tonight.

My pick -

SC - 20 PC - 13

Take it one play at a time. Give it your all each play. You may not win all of them, but in the end you may win most of them. SC wins this one in "The Hole". Good luck Owls. Congrats on a great season.

Antwan - It's been a long time, but you'll be hearing more from me.

Pride...how have you been? Good to hear from you. Hope all is well.

Calm down ladybug, all i did was make my prediction for this game and you get your bloomers all ruffled and start your "at least we beat gordonsville rant" and to be honest its boring when thats the best you can come up with year after year. Please dont put down the fine folks at gordonsville just because charlie is running his yap...(thats what i do) I have watched the owls several times this year and im sorry to offend you by saying YES they are very over rated !! IMHO they couldnt beat any team ranked in the 3a top ten. Am i wrong... maybe but i dont think so. PC will be on #25 like white on rice and they have the speed to contain the deep passing threat. I look for pearl to run it down your throat all night long. This will by far be the toughest team the owls have faced so far so do all your bragging now because friday night everyone will see just how over rated the owls are !! But on the bright side you can still come watch the tiggers play as we will be around for a few more weeks. I will for sure be there .. not to root for PC though, i just love the fireworks :thumb:

Dude...go away...nobody over here cares what you think. Go to the 1a and 2a board if you want to post.

1st off prettyboy, a WEEK is 7 days. I guess we need to scout out 2-3 years ahead and see what every team SC plays has coming up. He++, when we did play TC and won, they said it was down years for them. Weak district......exactly what is SC supposed to do about that?? The same thing has been said every year. SC-York-LA and others have proven otherwise.

I see DC , LA , White House,and Macon Co. are in the 4A playoffs.Gordonsville is in 1A and as best as I recall SC played and beat them all. Kinda makes it evident you don't have any idea what your talking about don't it?? Look and see who PC has played and who beat them. Only someone that knows nothing about HS football would think this will be a 3-4 TD victory.

lookinggood is lookingsilly

You dont have to scout 2 years out to know white county and warren county suck. THEY DO EVERY YEAR! Macon, Livingston, White House and Dekalb might all be history after the first round.So this leaves your one truely tough game against a 1a school Gordonsville. Trousdale is right down the road....play them.

Look at Trousdale playing Warren Central in KY 6a, Signal Mountain playing Blackman 6a, Alcoa playing the 6a state champion Maryville. You cant sit here and tell me Smith knowing tired to schedule a tough schedule outside there already weak ( we know they cant help this) district. You are the silly looking one. There lack of a gold ball shows somehtingis not getting the playoff ready with all the 10-0, 9-1, or 8-2 teams they have had that stumbled in the playoffs. They struggled even in the first round of playoffs verse east Lit. Does TC or Alcoa ever struggle in the first round? Get real.

You dont have to scout 2 years out to know white county and warren county suck. THEY DO EVERY YEAR! Macon, Livingston, White House and Dekalb might all be history after the first round.So this leaves your one truely tough game against a 1a school Gordonsville. Trousdale is right down the road....play them.

Look at Trousdale playing Warren Central in KY 6a, Signal Mountain playing Blackman 6a, Alcoa playing the 6a state champion Maryville. You cant sit here and tell me Smith knowing tired to schedule a tough schedule outside there already weak ( we know they cant help this) district. You are the silly looking one. There lack of a gold ball shows somehtingis not getting the playoff ready with all the 10-0, 9-1, or 8-2 teams they have had that stumbled in the playoffs. They struggled even in the first round of playoffs verse east Lit. Does TC or Alcoa ever struggle in the first round? Get real.

You can go away too. We all know SC did not play a killer schedule. We did play teams close to home that brought good gates. We don't play Trousdale this year...likely won't play them in the near future. If TC played Pearl Cohn in the 1st round...they would have a tough game too. Apples and oranges. You have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe you should go by lookingstupid. Give everyone a rest and find something else to do. By the way...Warren Central is 5a.

Edited by Antwan

I don't think anyone can put much stock into anything you say. Even if you said LSU and BAMA were the best two teams in football, I would have to see it to believe it. :thumb:

If I cant get it worked out to go watch Macon @ Liberty Tech, this is the game i will be coming to. I have seen Smith Co. twice and they are the most impressive team that Macon played this season in my opinion. Then I watched them handle a pretty good White House team pretty easily. I would say this particular game is a toss up. Smith is well coached and has a stout D. Not to mention #4 and #25. Even though I have not seen Pearl Cohn play, I would say just as always they are fast and athletic. I will go a touchdown game either way, but if I had to pick right now, I would say Smith wins in a squeaker.

Edited by TennesseeSportsMan

You can go away too. We all know SC did not play a killer schedule. We did play teams close to home that brought good gates. We don't play Trousdale this year...likely won't play them in the near future. If TC played Pearl Cohn in the 1st round...they would have a tough game too. Apples and oranges. You have no idea what you are talking about. Give everyone a rest and find something else to do. Bt the way...Warren Central is 5a.

just because you walk around with Smith county powerhouse blinders doesnt make you correct. Fact is not another top seed in playoffs is worried about there first round game like Smith is. Tell me this, if you had played TC or Signal mnt. and won say by 2 scores, would you be worried about a 5-5 team that is a little athletic? No, but you didnt so now there is the unknow factor about how good you really are. There should be no doubt about a first or second round playoff game now that there is 6 classes and waterdown like it is if your 10-0. I stick to my statement that we will all see if the weak schedule come back to bite Smith.

just because you walk around with Smith county powerhouse blinders doesnt make you correct. Fact is not another top seed in playoffs is worried about there first round game like Smith is. Tell me this, if you had played TC or Signal mnt. and won say by 2 scores, would you be worried about a 5-5 team that is a little athletic? No, but you didnt so now there is the unknow factor about how good you really are. There should be no doubt about a first or second round playoff game now that there is 6 classes and waterdown like it is if your 10-0. I stick to my statement that we will all see if the weak schedule come back to bite Smith.

lookingstupid...look at pc's scores. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they are a very good football team. Dude...who did TC play...Warren Central? Yeah...and they got their butts handed to them. Why did they play them? I can tell you...nobody wanted to play them. Because they are good?...no...that's not why. SC's schedule was not that weak. It is weak compared to PC's. That is just the way it is. It is stupid to play too tough of a non-distict schedule the way the playoff system is set up now.

lookingstupid...look at pc's scores. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they are a very good football team. Dude...who did TC play...Warren Central? Yeah...and they got their butts handed to them. Why did they play them? I can tell you...nobody wanted to play them. Because they are good?...no...that's not why. SC's schedule was not that weak. It is weak compared to PC's. That is just the way it is. It is stupid to play too tough of a non-distict schedule the way the playoff system is set up now.

I think Smith's relatively small district makes them have to schedule whoever they could get.

In the past they have scheduled teams like Knoxville Catholic.

Warren and White is always horrible, but it might have been all they could find at the time. And, all the district games they have no control over. Cannon is usually bad as is Upperman and York was uncharacteristically(that's a long word) :geek: down.

Gville is usually a tough game and you never know about Macon, and White House is usually tough.

Pearl Cohn has the liberty of being in Nashville in close proximity to teams that will play them.

Now, IMO, I think SC should play Trousdale, but that's just my opinion and it don't count for much. Anyway they have their reasons.

I think they did the best they could with the schedule without driving 150 miles. And, at least they spread the tough teams out.