South Pittsburg at Gordonsville (Grider against this Marshall man)

Roy Dillard

Our season is over but I am VERY proud of our boys. Great effort at the end but we just could not get the 2 point conversion for the win. We gave it all we had but Gordy stopped us just shy of it. Good luck Tigers the rest of the way. The Pirates beat themselves with those two very costly errors & Gordy's defense did not let us score at will. All in all, a VERY good game. Next year Pirates, next year!

I for one am proud of the Pirates tonight. They stepped up and played ball against a very good senior laden Gordonsville but just came up short. Nothing to hang your heads about, this was the year for the Tigers and I wish them good luck in the rest of the playoffs. Hopefully they can bring the gold ball back to the East side of TN this year.

Grider went for two there because our PAT kicker is just a freshman. He said in the Signal Mtn game that he would rather be blamed for the loss than a kid and I agree with him. Plus, anybody that has been around football knows that you go for 2 on the road if the game is on the line.

I agree the team stepped up. As far as the 2 on the road when the game is on the line, I call b.s. on it. We matched up better with them in OT than we would SM. At least line up in kick formation and fake it.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. If he kicks the extra point and it is missed, you would be blaming him for that too. SP fans are spoiled...Grider is a good coach. The Pirates have been the standard for 1A ball for years but since 2007 they have been the team to beat. You can't win them all and the Pirates should be the team to beat next year in 1A.

Again, congrats Tigers in a hard fought win.

Proud of the Pirates. When you put the ball on the ground bad things happen. I would have gone for two also. Ambassador the only thing you got right was GVwon. We gave the ball up and still should have won. It proves your judgment of talent is about as good as the GOPs judgement in candidates. I'll give you your desert but tell me how does crow taste.