9-AAA Prediction time

SCBisondad

I agree Mondo. Gallatin got a lot of people some good reps and it is paying off with the depth. The Gallatin kids have worked really hard this year to avoid a repeat of what happened in 2012. This has been a very successful year and I hope it does not end to tonight. A lot of us saw the potential early on and despite adversity these coaches and players have exceeded expectations. Hats off to them!! Both of these teams Hendersonville and Gallatin are headed in the right direction and should be tops in the district for years to come. Lets hope we are talking semifinals after tonight.

I really thought last spring there was something special about this group of players and staff, and, while the season has had its ups and downs, they have gotten better and better as the season has gone on.  They seem to be playing their best at exactly the right time.  Records don't really matter now, somebody in 5A is going to win 5 games and a state championship.  They have taken a "Why not us?" attitude, and right now they are 2-0 in this new season.  Let's go get us a quarterfinal win tonight!

Good luck also to Hendersonville, White House and Trousdale County.  Wouldn't it be sweet to have from this area 4 of the 12 teams playing next Friday night in the semis!

Congrats to Gallatin on a great season ! You did what no one thought you could do; but you ! Way to represent 9AAA !

Thanks for the kind words. I was very proud of the Green Wave on what they accomplished this year. From being predicted to finish 7th on the district, based off last season, to winding up in the quarterfinals. Gallatin fell short on too many 4th and shorts (5) deep in NE territtory, which ultimately cost them the game. But NE is definitely going to be sore next week! MJ has represented 9AAA well in the past couple years, and I expect them to do the same next season. Gallatin / MJ will have some close games in the coming seasons I believe. Good luck to the Bears in the offseason. People will talk about them the way people talked about GHS going into this season, so just gotta look on to next year.

My predictions.. Based off talent and who's coming back I think you definitely have to say Hendersonville is the favorite. They have that freshman class coming up, and then the sophomore class that also went undefeated will be Juniors. They return Elston, who has proven to be a pretty dynamic dual threat QB and can make plays with his feet. They don't lose much overall. Gallatin is well coached and is rising back up, but I just wonder how much they will lose with their senior class. Looks like overall the district may be somewhat down with kind of a return to the 90's with Hville and Gallatin duking it out (How it should be, IMO)

That said, I'm going with this:

1) Hville

2) Gallatin

3/4) Beech/SCHS

5) MJ

6) WC

7) Lebanon

8) Portland