Alcoa @ Maryville

SweetScience

This I believe this might be the best Maryville team that I've seen since I became a fan in 2000. I worry about 2015 when Maryville graduates their whole defense(I believe).

DL couple Jr's playing in rotation #77 Jr

DE #47 Jr #88 soph

LB #23 ,(2nd team #16 , #25 ) >Jr #27 soph

DB #4 soph, #5 Jr, #20 Jr (all have started this year) #14 Jr and #17 soph are back ups playing well this season.

I believe we have a strong group returning next season.....will defiantly miss #79, #78, #81, and #26

I know we will miss several of the Senoirs but I think the players mentioned above are very solid and will give Gaylor plenty of players that will be ready to lead as seniors

Edited by Rebels5star

Great football atmosphere last night. Good crowd and some electricity in the air-for about 8 minutes into the game. Murvil defense looked really good. The offense is still trying to get over the hump. Some good players on that offense-28, 81, 43, 1, 6, etc. The xtra guys in stripes helped murvil early-but it wouldn't have mattered. Hard to tell much about alcoa. Backup QB looked good. #30 on defense can play with anybody. I hope #2 for murvil heals quickly.

Good luck to both teams the rest of the year.

Great football atmosphere last night. Good crowd and some electricity in the air-for about 8 minutes into the game. Murvil defense looked really good. The offense is still trying to get over the hump. Some good players on that offense-28, 81, 43, 1, 6, etc. The xtra guys in stripes helped murvil early-but it wouldn't have mattered. Hard to tell much about alcoa. Backup QB looked good. #30 on defense can play with anybody. I hope #2 for murvil heals quickly.

Good luck to both teams the rest of the year.

Those calls were right on the money last night. I watched most of that game with field glasses and saw everyone of them and a few that weren't called. Number #2 got hurt on a play that there should of been an ejection of a player but nothing happened. 

I have a question I really want an answer to. Rankin says its a 6A school playing a 3A and it showed because we ask a lot of our kids to playing both ways and Maryville doesn't. How can you make that statement when you dress almost 100 kids? Seems to me he made that choice to force your kids to play both ways. You have talent on that bench and yet he chooses not to use it. Alcoa is a 5a football talent they dress more than most 5/6a schools..I never had understood Rankin's coaching when it comes to this

Maryville defense is that fastest I've seen. No getting to edge on them!

Congrats Rebels !!

I will ask this question again.. Why televise this game? What do u gain by watching a powerhouse beat up on a single A team? I mean, Alcoa was never in it. I guess now Alcoa can focus on beating Powerhouses like "Catlick" and Heritage to bring that Single A ball back to Blunt co.