McNairy

mcnairy

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be honest,

1. It looks fishy.

2. This job has been and will continue to be (at least for a few more years) less than advantageous for a coaches resume.

Being honest on a positive note:

3. Franks is a motivator of young men. He gets the most out of the least.

4. He seems to like the political side of it, he's going to have to sell everyone on it.

5. Nowhere to go but up.

Franks is currently AD and Head Baseball coach and in charge of making the hire. It seems his two biggest supporters are a T-Shirt vendor and a BBQ salesman who want to see their products sold in the athletic programs.

You're a disgrace to MCHS, and your mom can't protect you this time around.

What a piece of crap.

Edited by mcnairy

I've heard that rumor as well but I don't know how much stock to put in it. My understanding is you can not be a head coach of two sports. Is that correct? If so, I don't see him giving up baseball with the team he has and from what I've been told by people, a really good class coming in next year. It's hard to see him turning away from that and a program that he built to rebuild the football program. But, he may want to take that challenge on. Maybe we will learn in January who the coach will be.

On Bball radio broadcast Tuesday night both announcers hinted that there might be an announcements about new Fb coach during fri. Nights ball game broadcast. They acted like they knew who it was and was just a matter of announcing it at right time. An announcement was not made fri. So someone must have figured to wait to announce, but they do know who it is from the sound of it.

Edited by 9oldschool5

Haven't heard who the coach is.  BBQ and tshirt vendor are quiet, didnt know they had that much influence.

Franks can be the coach of both BUT it would be a hugh mistake.  He is a decent motivator but don't think he has the organizational skills to get it done and also think he would play the POLITICAL side.  Gets a lot of parents to do his field work in baseball and those kids are the ones playing. 

This would be another huge setback to the program IMO

Haven't heard who the coach is.  BBQ and tshirt vendor are quiet, didnt know they had that much influence.

Franks can be the coach of both BUT it would be a hugh mistake.  He is a decent motivator but don't think he has the organizational skills to get it done and also think he would play the POLITICAL side.  Gets a lot of parents to do his field work in baseball and those kids are the ones playing. 

This would be another huge setback to the program IMO

Big difference in working for your kid a starting position, or working on your kid's field. Not judging because I have no idea which is going on there, but the baseball program seems (from the outside) to be the most stable of all athletic programs at McNairy. All public high school programs need the support of the community, and that starts with the parents of the players. Seems to me that if Franks was bowing to outside pressure, or "selling" positions on the team for work, money, or politics, that it would be just as much of a mess as the rest...just my opinion.