Metro Rankings

bleacher

Just now, MichaelMyers76 said:

He will be the guy standing outside of the Trey Perry bathrooms at Mt. Juliet talking about how good they are gonna be "next year". Then disappearing when they lose in the first round again. Only to reappear next year when he thinks the coast is clear,

Where have I once said that this year? Find it, find where I have been an overzealous fan boy you claim? Waiting.

1 hour ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Where have I once said that this year? Find it, find where I have been an overzealous fan boy you claim? Waiting.

You talk about how you are in everybody's head yet you are the easiest trigger on here. 

Need to start calling you quick draw McGraw. Pretty sure you have heard that one before too. LOL

• Like 1

Fan I would strongly disagree with Tate's comment. Look at how strong the coaches were in the 80s and 90s. Not a dig at the current coaches, but no way they stack up against the best. I remember when if you won your distrct/region in metro you had a chance at a championship. Almost every team in metro has had at least some level of success in the 90s. Even Glencliff and Hillwood had success. HL used to be tough, WC, etc. Take out the current top 3 in metro, who even has a chance to be better than average. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Fan I would strongly disagree with Tate's comment. Look at how strong the coaches were in the 80s and 90s. Not a dig at the current coaches, but no way they stack up against the best. I remember when if you won your distrct/region in metro you had a chance at a championship. Almost every team in metro has had at least some level of success in the 90s. Even Glencliff and Hillwood had success. HL used to be tough, WC, etc. Take out the current top 3 in metro, who even has a chance to be better than average. 

Consider the early '70's: Coutras at Overton, Elrod at Maplewood, Dunn at Antioch, Russell at McGavock, Herschel Moore at Glencliff, Ernest Smallen at Goodlettsville...no knock on the coaches now, whose resources are very different, but those are a lot of great names.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KWoodroof said:

Consider the early '70's: Coutras at Overton, Elrod at Maplewood, Dunn at Antioch, Russell at McGavock, Herschel Moore at Glencliff, Ernest Smallen at Goodlettsville...no knock on the coaches now, whose resources are very different, but those are a lot of great names.

Those were all neighborhood schools that were supported by the community. 

1 hour ago, cbg said:

Those were all neighborhood schools that were supported by the community. 

What in the name of ???? has that got to do with these current  coaches the best ever in metro ?  The coaches in metro currently that have winning teams ( which are few) have players from all of Metro Nashville (all star rosters ), not any are recruiting, heaven forbid,  and the others are playing with what is left. So if any set of coaches have an advantage it is these today. Just my opinion, not a coach in metro today could hang with the coaches of years past. The current coaches in metro that have my respect and doing great jobs are the coaches in schools that are struggling but coach their butts off so kids can have a team.

Edited by fb247