William Blount @ Oakland- Round 1

Governm

WB took 39 players to the game last night.  I don't have the roster in front of me, but we probably were missing 30+ players that decided not to show for practice on Tuesday.  Probably half of that number were Freshman, the other half was mostly Seniors with a few Sophomores and Juniors.  Of the ones that didn't go, there was 4 or 5 that were starters, and 2 or 3 others that got a lot of playing time.  I will be honest and say that of the older kids that didn't show, most I was not surprised, but there were 2 or 3 in that group that really surprised me they would make that decision.

To the ones that did show up and have worked hard and did everything the right way....Thank you!!  I wished you could have experienced a little more success, but staying the course and continuing to fight says a lot about your character.      

To the ones that did show up and have worked hard and did everything the right way....Thank you!!  I wished you could have experienced a little more success, but staying the course and continuing to fight says a lot about your character.      

jake I feel exactly the same way. I see TEAMS with a lot of kids who sometimes don't get all the PT, but they are still just as much a part of that TEAM as anyone. I admire them as much, if not more than the starters because they knew their role and want to be apart of something where the sum (TEAM) is greater than it's parts. Congratulations to #2 and his senior TEAMmates............ :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS

jake I feel exactly the same way. I see TEAMS with a lot of kids who sometimes don't get all the PT, but they are still just as much a part of that TEAM as anyone. I admire them as much, if not more than the starters because they knew their role and want to be apart of something where the sum (TEAM) is greater than it's parts. Congratulations to #2 and his senior TEAMmates............ :thumb:

+1

WB took 39 players to the game last night. I don't have the roster in front of me, but we probably were missing 30+ players that decided not to show for practice on Tuesday. Probably half of that number were Freshman, the other half was mostly Seniors with a few Sophomores and Juniors. Of the ones that didn't go, there was 4 or 5 that were starters, and 2 or 3 others that got a lot of playing time. I will be honest and say that of the older kids that didn't show, most I was not surprised, but there were 2 or 3 in that group that really surprised me they would make that decision.

To the ones that did show up and have worked hard and did everything the right way....Thank you!! I wished you could have experienced a little more success, but staying the course and continuing to fight says a lot about your character.

Send them to Unaka,they like quitters up there too!😯

Kind of makes you sick when you think about this kind of thing going on but the way kids are today it's not surprising. I guess this really is a two way street when you have a team with a 2-8 record being made to go to the playoffs in order to fulfill lining the T$$AA's pockets from over saturating the game and forcing most if not all teams into the red on their books. My thoughts to this situation is that the T$$AA isn't going to give up that money so why not cut this BS in half and raise the ticket price on the remaining games and play four games including the championship game instead of forcing all these teams into bad situations like this. We've all been gripping about this for years now and we finally have hit the point were the kids have finally did something about it and that will be the new trend so the T$$AA better get ready and fix this mess now before the whole ship plunges over being greedy.

WB took 39 players to the game last night.  I don't have the roster in front of me, but we probably were missing 30+ players that decided not to show for practice on Tuesday.  Probably half of that number were Freshman, the other half was mostly Seniors with a few Sophomores and Juniors.  Of the ones that didn't go, there was 4 or 5 that were starters, and 2 or 3 others that got a lot of playing time.  I will be honest and say that of the older kids that didn't show, most I was not surprised, but there were 2 or 3 in that group that really surprised me they would make that decision.

You're a Class Act Jake , sounds like a tough situation . The Seniors who fought to the last snap will never have any regrets , the others .... 

You're a Class Act Jake , sounds like a tough situation . The Seniors who fought to the last snap will never have any regrets , the others .... 

Well the others are ... QUITTERS... I am more surprised that parents didn't tell their kid they were going to show up and do the right thing.. I get you can't make a kid want to, but it says alot about where some parenting is. You are a young man...man up...you represent this family, this school and this county, When you quit because you are not likely going to get what you want... you spell it out for everyone to see what you are made off, and more importantly how you were raised. shaking my darn head.

Well the others are ... QUITTERS... I am more surprised that parents didn't tell their kid they were going to show up and do the right thing.. I get you can't make a kid want to, but it says alot about where some parenting is. You are a young man...man up...you represent this family, this school and this county, When you quit because you are not likely going to get what you want... you spell it out for everyone to see what you are made off, and more importantly how you were raised. shaking my darn head.

This^ What kind of kids are we raising to let them quit before a playoff game?