Marion vs Trezevent (Mathis man against this White man)

Roy Dillard

This one was a hard one to get over. Very winnable ballgame. The 4th down call still has me baffled. Coach Mathis knows the players a lot better than me and he obviously saw something he thought he could exploit. That 4th down and the players seeing Zeman taken off the field on a stretcher was just too much to overcome. Most of the kids would say that pound for pound Z was the toughest kid on the team. He's played on a bad knee all year that limited his speed and cutting ability. McClain's shoulder came into play Saturday as well. You also can't give a good team the ball twice inside your own 20 and expect to win. Trezevant qb made the plays when they needed them. MC keyed on CR and left other options available. Hats off to Trezevant. They are State Champs for a reason. MC loses about 16 starters but return some weapons at the skill positions. Kids will work hard in the off season I'm sure and be ready for 2017. MC has owned 2A ball in the east for 3 years and with the way the TSSAA has watered the classes down they should be in the mix next year.

This one was a hard one to get over. Very winnable ballgame. The 4th down call still has me baffled. Coach Mathis knows the players a lot better than me and he obviously saw something he thought he could exploit. That 4th down and the players seeing Zeman taken off the field on a stretcher was just too much to overcome. Most of the kids would say that pound for pound Z was the toughest kid on the team. He's played on a bad knee all year that limited his speed and cutting ability. McClain's shoulder came into play Saturday as well. You also can't give a good team the ball twice inside your own 20 and expect to win. Trezevant qb made the plays when they needed them. MC keyed on CR and left other options available. Hats off to Trezevant. They are State Champs for a reason. MC loses about 16 starters but return some weapons at the skill positions. Kids will work hard in the off season I'm sure and be ready for 2017. MC has owned 2A ball in the east for 3 years and with the way the TSSAA has watered the classes down they should be in the mix next year.

still should be a good team

If they could beat Trousdale County they could represent the east again.

The Trezevant boys played good but I still think our coach coached harder in this game. We were about to win this game when two of our best players got hurt. I know for sure that coach had some special plays he was saving for the fourth quarter and then we couldn't run them when these players got hurt. Coach did the smart thing and just saved them for next year after they got hurt. Our coach and our team is still the best. Trezevant got real lucky when we lost our starters in the last quarter. That team was tired and was about to get beat. I just wish we could have run those special plays he was saving for the last quarter. He was very smart and was going to do them in the last quarter so Trezevant could not adjust to them. Good game for Trezevant but bad luck for us.

FEAR THE TEAM, FEAR THE WING, FEAR THE BEARD 2017!

You're not the best in the state....or county...but have a good team. One word on Mathis...very good guy...teaches life skills and football Edited by powerp

And we are all dumber now for reading this BS!!! Everyone knows your not a MC fan your not fooling anyone!!!

I am a bigger Marion County fan than you are. When our kids lose I hurt with them. I still think Coach Mathis coaches harder than almost any coach out there. He is our coach and the coach that wanted to stay with us. He had several special plays for the fourth quarter of the game but we had injuries so he saved them for next season since the players were injured. He is the best coach and he does have a lot of the best plays. We will still be good next season. Our junior class that is moving up has a lot of good players that are ready.