Marion vs Trezevent (Mathis man against this White man)

Roy Dillard

This one was a hard one to get over. Very winnable ballgame. The 4th down call still has me baffled. Coach Mathis knows the players a lot better than me and he obviously saw something he thought he could exploit. That 4th down and the players seeing Zeman taken off the field on a stretcher was just too much to overcome. Most of the kids would say that pound for pound Z was the toughest kid on the team. He's played on a bad knee all year that limited his speed and cutting ability. McClain's shoulder came into play Saturday as well. You also can't give a good team the ball twice inside your own 20 and expect to win. Trezevant qb made the plays when they needed them. MC keyed on CR and left other options available. Hats off to Trezevant. They are State Champs for a reason. MC loses about 16 starters but return some weapons at the skill positions. Kids will work hard in the off season I'm sure and be ready for 2017. MC has owned 2A ball in the east for 3 years and with the way the TSSAA has watered the classes down they should be in the mix next year.

Each his own opinion but not sure I would agree with MC owning the East for past 3 years. Similar to Ohio State, MC couldn't win the Region last year. And similar to the injuries you guys complain about during the 4th quarter and the 'plays' that were not run that would have made a difference, Boyd injuries last year allowed MC to slip in. Boyd defense would have shut the running back down last year and would have been state champs. Yea would have could have. Ha. Just my opinion.

Each his own opinion but not sure I would agree with MC owning the East for past 3 years. Similar to Ohio State, MC couldn't win the Region last year. And similar to the injuries you guys complain about during the 4th quarter and the 'plays' that were not run that would have made a difference, Boyd injuries last year allowed MC to slip in. Boyd defense would have shut the running back down last year and would have been state champs. Yea would have could have. Ha. Just my opinion.

lol......no, yall wouldnt have shut him down....thats funny. I would say three straight silver balls means we have owned the east. Just because Boyd couldnt take care of buisness doesnt mean mc hasnt owned the east. My opinion is that boyd wouldnt have beat mc that night had it been a dry field, but like you say, just my opinion.......

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

A lot of "could haves and would haves" if you can't make it there. Yes, OWNED the east for the last 3 years. Over the last 3 seasons Boyd was 23-11 and MC 38-6 and 3 trips to represent the east in Cookeville. Boyd was 1-1 against us in those 3 years. If you want to hang your hat on that then by all means go ahead. Also didn't complain about injuries. Stated a fact of our kids seeing one of their teammates taken off the field strapped down to a stretcher. If you don't think that affects a 16 or 17 year old kid then I really can't say much more.

BTW.... you would not have stopped Richardson last year.

Edited by PurplePower68

• 5 months later...

Makes you wonder just how much effort TSSAA put into "investigating" the allegations made by the principal in the first place. If everything included in the report is true, even a casual inquiry would have turned up some red flags.

Makes you wonder just how much effort TSSAA put into "investigating" the allegations made by the principal in the first place. If everything included in the report is true, even a casual inquiry would have turned up some red flags.

Despite what some in Memphis may lead you to believe, the TSSAA did not conduct ANY investigation what so ever.