2017 Class A State Tournament

Play 4 Fun

Clarkrange has a cakewalk to the finals. SG vs PC is the gold ball game.

How good is Clarkrange. I've been reading some on the history of the school etc and they have a very rich tradition in girls bball that much I knew but the community and school has some pretty interesting stories. I really like the smaller bball like A and AA cause it's more community involved. Like the old days.

Huntingdon got a good draw and Dresden got a tougher one. I wouldn't want to be on S. Greene's side this year. Dresden is pretty solid and I believe they will beat Summertown. If you got here, you deserve it..speaking for all of the teams. Pulling for Region 7 to represent. Huntingdon will be just as big as anyone up there. I'm expecting some surprises in Single A this year. 

Clarkrange has a cakewalk to the finals. SG vs PC is the gold ball game.

The only way that you're wrong is if someone has a very bad game, or a monumental case of nerves...don't see that happening. I don't blame anyone for believing in and supporting their team, just think that C'range, Pickett, and SG are a level above anyone from the west this year. Haven't seen Huntingdon or Dresden, but they barely escaped Trinity and Middleton, and neither was on the level of our representatives of the past few years.

I don't know how good Dresden is but they only beat Tellico by 5 and Meigs beat Tellico by 40 and South Greene beat Meigs by, well I hate to say, SG is the best team Meigs has played all year and Meigs have played some pretty good AA and AAA teams, I would put my money on South Greene to win it all.

Maybe someone from Perry and Summertown should get on here and say why they think they will win. South Greene didn't get any respect the last two years and that was fine. Their game did the talking. People can only talk about what they know. I've only seen South Greene and Hampton and Pickett County against SG last year. So I really have no idea what the other five teams have. I do believe this is South Greene's to lose.

West TN gets no respect! What about Mid Tn maybe Summertown or Perry Co should forfeit so the other teams can rest before the semis, what do ya think ? Na I think they will go ahead and play just to see what happens.

I hate to say it but Brooks will have to put up 40+ for the game to stay competitive. I know she is very capable of doing that.

• Summertown is very deep. They have no less than 7 different ladies that can lead them in scoring on any night. A team cant focus on shutting down one player--if you focus on stopping Brasier from scoring, Dinwiddie or McGill or Graves can absolutely burn up the nets (both Dinwiddie and Graves have broken the school 3 pointers in a game record)....Two 8th graders have moved up that are getting alot of minutes and like to take the ball to the basket which added another wrinkle to the offense that was missing. One senior on the team in Madison Dinwiddie that is headed to college on a volleyball scholarship. Junior oriented team that win or lose should be back next year, too.

Edited by Vandychris

Never said Perry Co would win just responding to statements that Clarkrange having cakewalk to finals and Clarkrange and Huntingdon being in semis. I just stated facts that you have to play first round games before you get to semis. I know like everybody else does that Perry Co is a huge underdog to Clarkrange, but still have to line up and play.

Never said Perry Co would win just responding to statements that Clarkrange having cakewalk to finals and Clarkrange and Huntingdon being in semis. I just stated facts that you have to play first round games before you get to semis. I know like everybody else does that Perry Co is a huge underdog to Clarkrange, but still have to line up and play.

Yup and Huntingdon needs to focus on Hampton as well. I don't think Hampton has even been mentioned. They are a very physical team with two very capable guards and a girl underneath who is well over 6 foot.

I'll be pulling for y'all