William Blount Hosts Stone Memorial

BarneySox2007

16 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Not so sure.No improvement at all in 3 years.

To be fair, WB only had 7 seniors on the roster this year. I was listening to Cupp on the radio the other week and he was naming off all the sophomores and freshmen that are starting or getting a lot of playing time on friday nights, and it really put things in perspective for me. 

This year has definitely been a big disappointment, but there is reason for hope. We have found a really good QB in freshman Trey Clemmer and he has a lot of talented young guys around him. I'm told they have a receiver on JV who looks like Isaiah Hannah 2.0. That alone gets me excited. The offense will be good. The question is will the necessary changes be made on defense?

6 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

To be fair, WB only had 7 seniors on the roster this year. I was listening to Cupp on the radio the other week and he was naming off all the sophomores and freshmen that are starting or getting a lot of playing time on friday nights, and it really put things in perspective for me. 

This year has definitely been a big disappointment, but there is reason for hope. We have found a really good QB in freshman Trey Clemmer and he has a lot of talented young guys around him. I'm told they have a receiver on JV who looks like Isaiah Hannah 2.0. That alone gets me excited. The offense will be good. The question is will the necessary changes be made on defense?

Well that does sound exciting I hope it works out for you!

15 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

Who else is he gonna throw to besides "Isaiah Hannah 2.0" you can't have one kid to stress a a defense you need at least one more to balance out the field?

Edited by HSfootballfanatic12

5 minutes ago, HSfootballfanatic12 said:

Who else is he gonna throw to besides "Isaiah Hannah 2.0" you can't have one kid to stretch a field you need at least one more to balance out the field?

They have a few other guys who can be quality receivers, but I am talking a big time playmaker who can get behind everybody and make the homerun plays.

Heritage and W.B. might be getting some improvements. The visitor's bleachers at the football facilities would be nice, especially for big games and the jamboree.

Blount County Schools’ Athletics Committee this month recommended to the school board more than $200,000 in renovations to high school football stadiums before they deteriorate further.

The first recommendation on a list of more than a dozen priorities for BCS athletics facilities is an estimated $207,00 to clean, seal and caulk the football stadiums at Heritage and William Blount high schools, including a weather deck coating.

The committee’s other recommendations include:

• Restroom and concession facilities between the high school baseball and softball fields.

• An asphalt parking lot for the HHS baseball/softball area;

• Extending the parking lot behind the WBHS gym for baseball and softball

• A separate baseball facility for Heritage Middle School;

• Sprinkler systems for middle school baseball and softball facilities;

• Visitor bleachers at football facilities

By Amy Beth Miller amy.miller@thedailytimes.com

Here is a link to the complete article.

http://www.thedailytimes.com/news/blount-county-schools-athletics-committee-recommends-repairs-at-heritage-high/article_0e11ad36-7923-5631-afc5-946be68592cf.html