Semi final South Pitt at Greenback

orngnblk

15 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

Let me ask you a question. Did that Ryan man run that illegal play intentional? Grider got real mad and I dont blame him.  That Childress man should reprimand them durn officials.  That man at Ronnies red eye said it was on purpose.  You think im joking but im not. 

Nation answered it.

Edited by orngnblk

1 hour ago, muskox said:

I finally got caught up on this thread...geez took a bit....i will say south pitt was very impressive and has a great defense......i just can't take all the excuses from u guys....i know you are a storied program and losing don't happen often in your neck of the woods....the game should have been out of reach in the 3rd IF we play a clean game....#6 fumbles on the 25 in the midst of a drive u can't stop us on.....get inside the red zone again and we drop back to back passes tjat hit our receivers in the numbers....thats 2 tds we didn't get in the red zone and it's not because u stopped us....we stopped ourselves....a 4th and 2 inside the red zone again that u did stuff us on....oh yeah and lets not forget the pick 6 that was called back for a dumb penalty....so let's say in theory we capitalize on 3 of those 4 then it's not even close...that was the worst our offense has played since grace christian...and let's not forget we give u one of your tds on a silver platter with a fumbled punt inside the 10.....hope we get to play this game again next year 

Again, the whole ifs and buts and merry Christmas argument from you is fine if that makes you feel good, but I think it was you in another post that said you knew turnovers and penalties were a part of the game. We can say the same thing. If we play clean it’s a different game too, but we didn’t and a lot of that had to do with greenback’s abilities. Bottom line is the Cherokees we’re better in several phases and they get the chance next Thursday to bring gold back to the east. Good luck!

1 hour ago, muskox said:

I finally got caught up on this thread...geez took a bit....i will say south pitt was very impressive and has a great defense......i just can't take all the excuses from u guys....i know you are a storied program and losing don't happen often in your neck of the woods....the game should have been out of reach in the 3rd IF we play a clean game....#6 fumbles on the 25 in the midst of a drive u can't stop us on.....get inside the red zone again and we drop back to back passes tjat hit our receivers in the numbers....thats 2 tds we didn't get in the red zone and it's not because u stopped us....we stopped ourselves....a 4th and 2 inside the red zone again that u did stuff us on....oh yeah and lets not forget the pick 6 that was called back for a dumb penalty....so let's say in theory we capitalize on 3 of those 4 then it's not even close...that was the worst our offense has played since grace christian...and let's not forget we give u one of your tds on a silver platter with a fumbled punt inside the 10.....hope we get to play this game again next year 

You act like Gilbert just fumbled when in reality Raulston took it from him. As far as the pass your referring to yes if a QB is flawless and hits his WRs every single time they are open they would blow out any team from little league to the NFL but that’s not reality. SP could sit here and say say we gifted you 14 points as well. 7 points of kickoff return and another 7 on the first drive when we dropped 2 different intercepations. Let’s not forget SP then gave you the ball inside the 40 on 3 other occasions because we didn’t cover well on special teams. Congrats to you and Greenback though you have a good team but your delusional and a Homer.

Like I said before we look fwd to it next year and then hopefully you guys get more transfers so we can do it again in 2019 & 2020. There will be a time soon when GB doesn’t have overwhelming talent in the matchup. That time is coming but enjoy the ride while it last

1 minute ago, TonyHorton91281 said:

You act like Gilbert just fumbled when in reality Raulston took it from him. As far as the pass your referring to yes if a QB is flawless and hits his WRs every single time they are open they would blow out any team from little league to the NFL but that’s not reality. SP could sit here and say say we gifted you 14 points as well. 7 points of kickoff return and another 7 on the first drive when we dropped 2 different intercepations. Let’s not forget SP then gave you the ball inside the 40 on 3 other occasions because we didn’t cover well on special teams. Congrats to you and Greenback though you have a good team but your delusional and a Homer.

Like I said before we look fwd to it next year and then hopefully you guys get more transfers so we can do it again in 2019 & 2020. There will be a time soon when GB doesn’t have overwhelming talent in the matchup. That time is coming but enjoy the ride while it last

Funny post.LOL

• Upvote 1

Not all of sp posters are crying but for those who are grow up you lost ! Coach grider should have been ejected when he ran all the way to the 50 arguing with the refs. Tradition of the trucks have always been there and always will. Your fans was very rude and to some of ours. Can't wait to meet again next year at the speedway. Will park our trucks around your track for seating 

5 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Funny post.LOL

I kind of tend to agree with him on several parts. This game had a lot of "IFs" for both teams, but doesn't every game? Greenback made some mistakes, SP made some mistakes. Some were forced and some were not. I'm just glad the Pirates seem to be returning to our past trait of being a tough, hard nosed, physical football team. For several years we kind of got away from that when we had a plethora of athletes. 

We came up just a little bit short.  Very proud of this Pirate squad and a huge congratulations to these Pirate seniors.  Yall were so much fun to watch this year.  I know it didn't go as we had planned but this senior group improved their record every year on the varsity level. We are back on track and yall were a huge part of making it so.  Best of luck to our seniors going forward.  And to our underclassmen, let's get back to work and let's keep busting our tails and we will be back in this position with a different outcome next year.

Congrats to Greenback on the win.  

4 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I kind of tend to agree with him on several parts. This game had a lot of "IFs" for both teams, but doesn't every game? Greenback made some mistakes, SP made some mistakes. Some were forced and some were not. I'm just glad the Pirates seem to be returning to our past trait of being a tough, hard nosed, physical football team. For several years we kind of got away from that when we had a plethora of athletes. 

Moreso the last paragragh was what was funny.Its freakin football anything can happen on any night.

3 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

We came up just a little bit short.  Very proud of this Pirate squad and a huge congratulations to these Pirate seniors.  Yall were so much fun to watch this year.  I know it didn't go as we had planned but this senior group improved their record every year on the varsity level. We are back on track and yall were a huge part of making it so.  Best of luck to our seniors going forward.  And to our underclassmen, let's get back to work and let's keep busting our tails and we will be back in this position with a different outcome next year.

Congrats to Greenback on the win.  

Tough loss ST. Much respect for you and SP. Good post. 

11 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Funny post.LOL

So you didn’t think Raulston stripped Gilbert? You don’t think it’s impractical to expect your QB to never over throw or under throw a WR? I get you don’t wanna throw shade on your own but come on lol. It’s ok we have homers too. Every fan base has them but some of the post by that guy is ridiculous. Football is a game of breaks. GB made them and SP didn’t. Anyone can sit here and play the IF game. I really don’t think many SP fans are mad. Disappointed? Yes, but many thought you guys were going to be very difficult to beat and afterwards many thought you guys were overall the better team. Glad this game is starting to be a rivalry again though. Look fwd to doing it again next year. Win Gold then get ready for the bullseye. 

1 minute ago, sum1uno said:

Tough loss ST. Much respect for you and SP. Good post. 

A tough pill to swallow.   We had a few chances last night.  We recovered a fumble only down 3 points in their territory.  We just failed to convert on 4th down.    That's all one can hope for is a chance.   This senior group has come a long ways.  We were hoping to get back to Cookeville.  That's our goal every year.  Just a little bit short. 

Congrats to Frog Bottom on yalls historic win.   One more game to go.  Gonna be tough.   Good luck.