Class A draw

Greenfieldfan

2 hours ago, dtownfan364 said:

Dresden has 9 losses with 3 of those to Greenfield. 2 of those losses to G-Field were last second wins with one in the Regional Championship in double OT. 2 losses to Westview which is a heavy favorite to win the gold ball in AA & 2 to Gleason which beat Greenfield in the District Championship. Our other two losses were to Gibson County in the 1st game of the season & Crockett County in a Christmas Tournament. Dresden won't be a pushover this year & has plenty of talent returning next year with only 1 senior on this team. Mary Grace Davis is a beast & will be hard to replace.

Westview? Heavy favorite? Laughable....

Upperman is undefeated, returning champs, and returning Miss Basketball...

19 minutes ago, UCPrepShowcase said:

Westview? Heavy favorite? Laughable....

Upperman is undefeated, returning champs, and returning Miss Basketball...

Laughable?? Westview's only 2 losses have come from two top teams in the NATION. If Westview & Upperman both make it to the championship game, it will be a good one.

If Westview does wind up playing Upperman, they will have to score more points than usual. Upperman is going to play fast, and Westview is not going to slow them down. On the other hand, Upperman isn't going to be able to guard Westview in the post. It'll be an interesting match-up for sure.

2 hours ago, dtownfan364 said:

I expect Greenfield, Gibson County & Dresden to all be the teams to beat out of West TN again next year. All have very talented underclassmen. Dresden loses Davis which will be hard to replace but they're getting two talented 8th grade post players. West is great at developing players & will have them ready to put in quality minutes next season. 

Huntingdon has 4 top notch players returning next season. I like the upside of our sophomores as much as Greenfields sophomores. If we can come up with another guard and develop a little depth I don't see much drop-off.

1 minute ago, Croppygenius said:

Huntingdon has 4 top notch players returning next season. I like the upside of our sophomores as much as Greenfields sophomores. If we can come up with another guard and develop a little depth I don't see much drop-off.

There's one coming.....more details later....

10 hours ago, Swipes said:

Lets look at the last 10 years from quad 1.  7 out of 10 years a team from quad 1 has made it to the Semi finals in A. Oliver Springs, Hampton, North Greene, Meigs, and South Greene have all made semi's in the past 10 years. So once again you saying year after year we know we have a bye till the semi's just isn't true.....Look back 20 years and you have teams that won it that aren't even a school anymore and privates where still playing in A

Thank you sir and Crazzyness for pointing out the facts.  This poster was on the boys single a boards the last few years also talking about how Clay Co got the best draw in the tournament and would beat Hampton by 30 points but we gave Clay a competitive game and actually won in overtime. Then last year he said Clarkrange would wipe the floor with Hampton girls but as you pointed out, Hampton was very competitive and was not an easy out. For some reason, he is very biased against the east. It is what it is.

If you look at the facts, the east has held their own the last 10 years. Yeah, the championships may not be there but to say the east has not been competitive is asinine. North Greene almost won a championship in that span also along with the South Greene championships.   

Bottom line is Clarkrange should have taken care of business in the District. Heck the same thing happened to Hampton girls this year. Hampton beat Unaka twice during the regular season, but didn't do it when it counted. BUT>>>> you don't see any Hampton poster on here saying that Unaka is weak and shouldn't be there. Congrats to Unaka for winning the games when they counted. Good luck in State.

6 hours ago, Indian said:

3 from a region, so third and fourth place game was played and mattered. Region winners had byes so that game mattered. O Springs and Tyner advanced to the state.

2018.03.05.04.27.46.png

Do you happen to have the girls bracket for the 99-00 season. That was the one where JC finished 3rd and went on to win the state championship 

3 hours ago, dogtruth said:

Thank you sir and Crazzyness for pointing out the facts.  This poster was on the boys single a boards the last few years also talking about how Clay Co got the best draw in the tournament and would beat Hampton by 30 points but we gave Clay a competitive game and actually won in overtime. Then last year he said Clarkrange would wipe the floor with Hampton girls but as you pointed out, Hampton was very competitive and was not an easy out. For some reason, he is very biased against the east. It is what it is.

If you look at the facts, the east has held their own the last 10 years. Yeah, the championships may not be there but to say the east has not been competitive is asinine. North Greene almost won a championship in that span also along with the South Greene championships.   

Bottom line is Clarkrange should have taken care of business in the District. Heck the same thing happened to Hampton girls this year. Hampton beat Unaka twice during the regular season, but didn't do it when it counted. BUT>>>> you don't see any Hampton poster on here saying that Unaka is weak and shouldn't be there. Congrats to Unaka for winning the games when they counted. Good luck in State.

I am not biased at all towards the east. I gave South Greene their well deserved praise because they were the best team in Class A the past two years and they proved it on the floor. What I’m tired of seeing is the weak teams that play no one during the regular season be rewarded for it just because of where they reside geographically.  

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

I am not biased at all towards the east. I gave South Greene their well deserved praise because they were the best team in Class A the past two years and they proved it on the floor. What I’m tired of seeing is the weak teams that play no one during the regular season be rewarded for it just because of where they reside geographically.  

Dear Jesus Christ, you are a piece of work! In one sentence you say you aren't biased against the east, and then TWO SENTENCES LATER you show bias against the east. 

You call Unaka and Wartburg weak, and I guarantee you haven't seen either of them. Yet not seeing either play, you just assume they are weak because they are from the east. That right there is BIAS. And badly misplaced bias as well, as 6 of the last 8 teams from the east won their first round games.