Time to move Alcoa to 6A

coachrus

1 hour ago, Throwdeslant said:

Because Alcoa is a 3A school until they decide to bump enrollment. Alcoa was thinking of moving to 4A before the season started last year. Then, all the 4A schools in Knox county decided to move to 5A. It would have almost been impossible to field a 10 game schedule without having to travel long distances and would have probably been playing in a 4 team region. So, Alcoa elected to stay in 3A, where they belong, and schedule 4 out of region games rather than 6... :thumb:

They dont remember that tho...We seen that all the way back this way lol

8 hours ago, Horn3 said:

Open enrollment in a large populated county is the problem.   If you need a player just go across town and find what you need.  Alcoa should at least be in 4 a.  It wouldn't matter what level they would still be the favorite, they are that good.  Three a is a joke for them

More like Alcoa is a nightmare for just about anyone right now.

24 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Alcoa may find it harder to fill a 10 game schedule after this year. I'm sure D-B, and the teams from Kentucky don't want a rematch. The GCA game was scheduled as a joke so McCamey could get the last laugh on them for letting him go. I seen this happen before to Oak Ridge a little over thirty years ago. If Alcoa was ranked the best team in the state after the season is over not very many coaches are going to  want to take them on unless their just stupid. You see that Heritage and WB are willing to walk away and their county rivals. 

16 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

I’ve heard Greeneville is gonna be on the schedule. Would really like to get them back. I think CRB keeps Alcoa on their schedule. He’s not afraid. I don’t see them having a problem finding one game. Although, will probably have to travel. Love road trips. Unless, maybe the Tornadoes can play Murvul twice...:thumb:

Looks like the Bug that hit Whitehaven,Oakland and PC might hit you guys lol. People laughed at us because PC and oakland at the last min added 1a Republic on the schedule. Kinda sucks

12 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Looks like the Bug that hit Whitehaven,Oakland and PC might hit you guys lol. People laughed at us because PC and oakland at the last min added 1a Republic on the schedule. Kinda sucks

Alcoa will be fine....If travel is required, we will travel. Always bring a good crowd wherever we end up.  We are kinda used to the ole dodgers. Always enjoy rubbing their noses in it. :thumb:  Then, everyone wants to complain about our schedule. When you get to the point of playing who will agree to play, that point seems kinda mute...

Edited by Throwdeslant
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, scots50 said:

If Alcoa moves up to 4A you will see the teams scatter like chickens in a tornado. 

No doubt. I know how hard it was for Maryville and Oakland to find a game so they ended up playing each other and turned out to be one heck of a money maker for both schools. Alcoa playing Greeneville won't be the same if their coach leaves after this season is over. Kind of like Maryville and Fulton never played when the Falcons were scoring 80 points on teams until after. Enrollment should not be the only factor  determining what class your in. A large number of schools that are in some of these smaller districts are little country towns that are so underfunded that their version of a  jumbotron is a play second clock. Most of them have kids coming to school from 15 miles out so less are able to play sports. Getting most of your kids within a three mile radius of the school is a bigger deal than most of you realize. That and having ample supplies of money, the best teaching payroll, a brand new school, free breakfast for all students and a very affordable tuition rate for all the county football players that would like to be a part of a dynasty than a dump. If there were a high school in Heaven that's what I would imagine it to look like. The only thing negative I can see is if they did lose a game that the coach might blame the loss on my kid on TV while standing right beside him.

Edited by BarneySox2007

10 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

I’ve heard Greeneville is gonna be on the schedule. Would really like to get them back. I think CRB keeps Alcoa on their schedule. He’s not afraid. I don’t see them having a problem finding one game. Although, will probably have to travel. Love road trips. Unless, maybe the Tornadoes can play Murvul twice...:thumb:

The Grace game with CRB makes Alcoa better and makes Grace better as well. I hope they keep it. Would love to have Greeneville and Fulton. 

Edited by 32hammer
Spelling
  • Like 1

TSSAA could put a stop to moving up unless there was a valid reason, either better competition or travel concerns. Each move up would have to be individually approved. Avoiding competition wouldn’t do it. You could have a 4A league with Alcoa, Anderson County, Fulton, Stone, Cumberland, Sequoyah. Wouldn’t the greatest league but there would be Greeneville in the postseason. 3A Playoffs without cpa isn’t as big a test now. 

2 minutes ago, Indian said:

TSSAA could put a stop to moving up unless there was a valid reason, either better competition or travel concerns. Each move up would have to be individually approved. Avoiding competition wouldn’t do it. You could have a 4A league with Alcoa, Anderson County, Fulton, Stone, Cumberland, Sequoyah. Wouldn’t the greatest league but there would be Greeneville in the postseason. 3A Playoffs without cpa isn’t as big a test now. 

Carter and Gibbs too. 

14 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Again. Same problem...if you don't like the rule, that's your prerogative ( I see the point), but don't single out Alcoa because they're successful. Many teams across the state in all classifications with the same advantage DON'T stand head and shoulders above their competition. Take the rule up with TSSAA if you think it's unfair, but trashing Alcoa isn't fair to them just because they win.

You really think Alcoa, (Who ever you are calling Alcoa. Fans, coaches,students, players, parents, teachers, custodians, hanger oner's, want to ber's, citizens, other tuition open schools, or coach T defenders of Alcoa.) really care if anybody trashes them. That's the way they wants it, that's the the way they gets it. I don't like it any more than any of the rest of you.                      There are alot of things that are unfair but trashing Alcoa doesn't really matter. I think they are a little tougher than that. Don't you trader two.

• CoachT locked this topic