1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

They have faced some good players. I guarantee you the Whitwell kids are as good as any they have faced. They have about 5-6 outstanding players on that team. Quite possibly the most talented team in 1A. 

Whitwell will be one of the toughest teams they have played if not the toughest and that’s including Huntingdon. Petty, wingo, QB,20,4 are good ball players petty was the best player on the field when we played them and we’ve got some pretty good athletes as well. 

Sounds like a lot of people base their opinions of how good a player is on stats and whether they’ve been getting recognized. Let me tell you this, nowadays many of these 4-5 stars that are being rated aren’t better than some 2 stars. So you can throw around East-West All-Star game and Mr. Football contender but those don’t mean a thing. I already mentioned that they are good players but stop throwing out individual recognition to prove that they are better than other players. Because I’ll tell you this, Whitwell will come out Saturday and have the better athletes on the field. And btw, they aren’t the best players in 1A. You’ll see who one of the best players in 1A on Saturday. I’m done commenting on whose players are better because better teams still lose too. It’s who comes out and performs the best. Not who the better player is. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

Stats mean nothing. Cornersville is good and Whitwell is good. We’ll see Saturday. And I don’t care who says what but Whitwell is better than Huntingdon. You’ll definitely see that Saturday. Will Whitwell win, I have no idea. But please, everyone’s stats are misleading because the competition is awful. You could’ve played your jv a full game and still probably beat some of the teams.

So was it stats or good looks that won your QB Mr. Football? Just curious

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Sounds like a lot of people base their opinions of how good a player is on stats and whether they’ve been getting recognized. Let me tell you this, nowadays many of these 4-5 stars that are being rated aren’t better than some 2 stars. So you can throw around East-West All-Star game and Mr. Football contender but those don’t mean a thing. I already mentioned that they are good players but stop throwing out individual recognition to prove that they are better than other players. Because I’ll tell you this, Whitwell will come out Saturday and have the better athletes on the field. And btw, they aren’t the best players in 1A. You’ll see who one of the best players in 1A on Saturday. I’m done commenting on whose players are better because better teams still lose too. It’s who comes out and performs the best. Not who the better player is. 

Athletes can not get going without the guys up front, and they are not the best guys up front in 1A, they may have better athletes though. 

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

Did he mean the 2 best players in 1A on the same team? Give me a break... The two best players in 1A aren’t on the same team. Yes, they have some good players, but this comment is foolish. 

Who knew reading comprehension was in such short supply in the valley. The statement was made by Cherokee23 that “ C’ville has a good front 7 but they’re back end is not great. ‘

Someone with little knowledge of the Cornersville team would put something that uninformed on a public forum. The two best players on the team are in the back end of the defense. And absolutely they are two of the best players in 1A football. They have the stats to back it up, they have the state awards to back it up, and they have the record to back it up. #22 and 15 have been the main players the previous two years on a team that’s won 27 of their last 29 games.  Last Friday 2 out of the 3 Mr Football Finalists played @ Lake County, #22 was the best player on the field and he didn’t even make honorable mention for that award. 

What’s foolish is commenting on a post based on hearsay without taking the time to look it up yourself. The comment was they are the two best players on their team and POSSIBLY in all of 1A.  Shouldn’t be controversial at all and is definitely not foolish.