Best Team In The State

WoodlawnFalcons

15 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

I agree but what was Maryvilles problem in the semis? Losing Tee Hodge isn’t a 38 point difference imo. I also feel that Alcoa should been more dominant against Covington imo. Maryville was an awesome quality win until that big loss 38-0 imo. Still don’t understand that. 

Not a Maryville fan, but IMO Maryville did some things that they wouldn't do in normal situations that made the game snowball. They had a few special plays go bad and we're pretty aggressive on any 4th down situation. 

If they take the conservative approach. It's probably more 21 or 24-0, maybe even 17-0. Their defense was playing pretty well despite the score, just put in some impossible situations

1 hour ago, 32hammer said:

Much respect for Greeneville. I think its a one play decides it game if Alcoa played Greeneville.  But on the field this year,  does Greeneville have a win as impressive as Alcoas win at Maryville that broke the defending 6A state champs 76 game win streak? Everything else on the field between the two schools is basically even.

This is all conjecture,  but based on what was done on the field this year,  its hard to argue with what Alcoa did as the best overall body of work.

I agree.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Not a Maryville fan, but IMO Maryville did some things that they wouldn't do in normal situations that made the game snowball. They had a few special plays go bad and we're pretty aggressive on any 4th down situation. 

If they take the conservative approach. It's probably more 21 or 24-0, maybe even 17-0. Their defense was playing pretty well despite the score, just put in some impossible situations

Would you say bad coaching decisions?Or by a player putting them in a bad position?

Just now, orngnblk said:

Would you say bad coaching decisions?Or by a player putting them in a bad position?

No I think Maryville knew they would have to do things that could be considered reckless in order to have any hope of beating Oakland w/out Hodge. In their position, I would have done the same thing because at the end of the day the goal is to win, not lose by less. I think Hunt is a really good HC

2 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

No I think Maryville knew they would have to do things that could be considered reckless in order to have any hope of beating Oakland w/out Hodge. In their position, I would have done the same thing because at the end of the day the goal is to win, not lose by less. I think Hunt is a really good HC

Thank you.

1 hour ago, DevilMan03 said:

I agree but what was Maryvilles problem in the semis? Losing Tee Hodge isn’t a 38 point difference imo. I also feel that Alcoa should been more dominant against Covington imo. Maryville was an awesome quality win until that big loss 38-0 imo. Still don’t understand that. 

I ain't figured the big loss out either? But, Covington is a very very good team. Not going to take anything away from them. Like Greeneville, Covington's QB made that offense tough to cover.

1 hour ago, DevilMan03 said:

57 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

28 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

MTF- Very well thought out and stated.

Devilman03- MTF gives a great response to the Maryville question. As far as Covington, got to give credit to them, they were undefeated for a reason. Also few strange things happened in the game. Alcoa only had the ball 3 times after the 4th quarter started...I can't think of that happening before.  There were other things as well, that I won't dwell on.

Alcoa had a some strange situations in the last three games.  Again, Greeneville was an amazing team this year and I'm not taking anything away from them.

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I cant believe someone referenced 7 on 7.SMOnBH!!!:roflol:

Since the 7v7 reference seems to have slipped over the heads of a couple of you folks, the point of that comment was that Oakland hasn't gotten to play BA except in scrimmages and 7v7. Someone had mentioned Oakland and BA playing in the regular season and that's what the reference was to. We've only played them in the above 2 settings since about 2006.

1 minute ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

Since the 7v7 reference seems to have slipped over the heads of a couple of you folks, the point of that comment was that Oakland hasn't gotten to play BA except in scrimmages and 7v7. Someone had mentioned Oakland and BA playing in the regular season and that's what the reference was to. We've only played them in the above 2 settings since about 2006.

Nobody cares. 

This is what Alcoa did on the field this year.

Undefeated .

Only allowed one team to score more than 17 points '

1st team to win at Maryville in 76 games

Outscored region 299-8.

1st 3A team to defeat the defending state champion in the states largest classification

6 regular season shutouts. 8 shutouts including playoffs.

Beat the team that beat the 6A state champs.

That's an impressive list. Several great teams this year, but from the start of the season to the end, objectively Alcoa's accomplishments are hard to beat.