Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

12 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Loretto's size and space they take up around the rim is a concern for every one. Thought Greenfield made a nice adjustment getting Chloe and Tess in the paint more. Think they have to have some points in the paint and they did y day. Thanks for the compliment Croppy. If we can handle the ball like we have the last three games we can be real competitive. Same song for Huntingdon too right?

Fillies are improving. Playing very good defense and controlling the clock. Adyn Swensen is the quickest 5'10 girl I've seen this year. She's special. We've got a lot of improving to do but I think we're on the right track.

12 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Fillies are improving. Playing very good defense and controlling the clock. Adyn Swensen is the quickest 5'10 girl I've seen this year. She's special. We've got a lot of improving to do but I think we're on the right track.

Huntingdon will be a lot better by the end of the season and she is definitely a special player. GC has a brutal 8 game stretch coming up and we will get to see where we're at over the next few weeks, but I really love that Coach W schedules and plays up (Dyersburg, South Side, Covington). If we can take last night and build on it, we're going to be a lot better than some expected. I expect Huntingdon to be in the mix late too. 

1 hour ago, SuperFan14A said:

Huntingdon will be a lot better by the end of the season and she is definitely a special player. GC has a brutal 8 game stretch coming up and we will get to see where we're at over the next few weeks, but I really love that Coach W schedules and plays up (Dyersburg, South Side, Covington). If we can take last night and build on it, we're going to be a lot better than some expected. I expect Huntingdon to be in the mix late too. 

I do think it will come down to two out of these four: Loretto, Huntingdon, Summertown and McKenzie with Loretto favorite for one spot and come down to two of Greenfield, Dresden, Gleason, Union City, Bradford, GC and Peabody with Greenfield favored for one spot in that region. Is it fair to say that Greenfield and Loretto look the best but others close behind? Both regions will be absolute wars.

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I do think it will come down to two out of these four: Loretto, Huntingdon, Summertown and McKenzie with Loretto favorite for one spot and come down to two of Greenfield, Dresden, Gleason, Union City, Bradford, GC and Peabody with Greenfield favored for one spot in that region. Is it fair to say that Greenfield and Loretto look the best but others close behind? Both regions will be absolute wars.

Sorry, but Peabody is not good and I wasnt impressed with what I saw in the jamboree of UC. Bradford doesnt impress me either but they have a couple girls that are pretty good. I'm taking Greenfield, GC and Gleason out of that group u listed

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Sorry, but Peabody is not good and I wasnt impressed with what I saw in the jamboree of UC. Bradford doesnt impress me either but they have a couple girls that are pretty good. I'm taking Greenfield, GC and Gleason out of that group u listed

I hadn't seen Peabody but they always play us tough and are quick. Dresden can play too. We all can agree that Greenfield will win the district. Be interesting to see who ends up 2, 3 and 4 after the District Tournament.  Region is at GC this year. Gleason will be tough late I agree. The regular season number 4 will play Greenfield first round. These regular season games are very important.

Edited by pioneer42

12 minutes ago, NotsoFast said:

Not sure who will win, but it won't be Clarkrange. Coach Rogers and things he has said, and decisions he has made has kept them in constant drama and tension between them players and between players and coach and it is hard to win that way

They looked great this summer. Stuff like that happens on every team to some degree I believe. Even Nick Saban says he can't be as old school as he wants some times. Hope they get it figured out. I bet they will be in Murfreesboro in March.

Updated Top 10

1.  Greenfield (6-0) - good week with wins over St. Agnes and Loretto

2.  Loretto (5-1) - game with Greenfield showed that those are the unquestioned top 2 in Single A

3.  Pickett Co (6-0) - handled previously ranked Whitwell on the road with no problem

4.  Clarkrange (5-1) - solid wins over Clay Co and Cumberland Co

5.  North Greene (6-0) - win at South Greene proves this team is a contender

6.  Gibson County (5-2) - very good week with wins over Dresden and Westview

7.  Summertown (3-2) - handled Shelbyville easily

8.  Cloudland (5-1) - 2 wins this week, not sure they have beaten a quality team as of yet

9.  Gleason (6-2) - nice comback win over St. Agnes, lost to Covington

10.  Huntingdon (4-2) - seem to be putting it together, good wins over Dresden and Henry Co

Others to watch: Tellico Plains, Union City, Oneida, Wayne Co, Dresden

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, maddams said:

Updated Top 10

2.  Loretto (5-1) - game with Greenfield showed that those are the unquestioned top 2 in Single A

3.  Pickett Co (6-0) - handled previously ranked Whitwell on the road with no problem

8.  Cloudland (5-1) - 2 wins this week, not sure they have beaten a quality team as of yet

10.  Huntingdon (4-2) - seem to be putting it together, good wins over Dresden and Henry Co

Is this an actual coaches poll or ??? The AP don't come out until around January right?

32 minutes ago, maddams said:

Updated Top 10

No way Pickett is the number 3 team in 1A.

36 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Is this an actual coaches poll or ??? The AP don't come out until around January right?

Just my thoughts based on the games and scores I've seen.  I've seen most of the teams except the ones in East TN.  Lownsdale's weekly coaches poll is out today at thetnreport.com - it will be more accurate than the AP polls