Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

The date on that says September the 6th. If that's the day they wrote it why did he play in a game sit out a game and play in another game before they received the letter? I guess they could have faced the letter, but why did he play in the first game without getting the O.K first through the TSSAA? Maybe I'm way off base here, but even if he was cleared to play on the 6th of Sept. Why did he play in a game before that date if wasnt cleared and didnt know if he was cleared? 

Screenshot_20191027-214539_Chrome.jpg

not sure how to answer that except to say that up until the first district game (Sept. 6th Vs Huntland), there had been no question about "eligibility".  He sat out in the Zion game due to injury in the Marion Co. game.  this student-athlete moved to FHS in December/January from Hazel Green, AL.  All the background info had been submitted.

1 minute ago, Varo said:

not sure how to answer that except to say that up until the first district game (Sept. 6th Vs Huntland), there had been no question about "eligibility".  He sat out in the Zion game due to injury in the Marion Co. game.  this student-athlete moved to FHS in December/January from Hazel Green, AL.  All the background info had been submitted.

Yeah my point is no matter how you look at it, it seems he played in a game possibly 2 before he was cleared. If the letter was faxed would have just been the 1st game that was in question. Not a smart move regardless by the school is all. Good luck with it all.

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Yeah my point is no matter how you look at it, it seems he played in a game possibly 2 before he was cleared. If the letter was faxed would have just been the 1st game that was in question. Not a smart move regardless by the school is all. Good luck with it all.

He’s like any other kid moving into a new district. The administration looked at his paperwork and did not see a problem with his eligibility. He started the season and was injured in game 1 and missed game 2. In the meantime TSSAA gets an anonymous tip and opens an official inquiry. The player was officially cleared on Sept 6th. No reason for him not to play. 

19 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

They sure ruled in favor of Ravenwood who played the player in 7 on 7's while still waiting on the ruling. 

Then they let the school handle the former Titan player putting on pads for practice and causing a concussion.

I guess Fayetteville has no big money boosters.

They don’t do the right thing a lot of the time. I saw some video last season of a Whitwell player playing in an all star game before the season started. It was a violation but nothing was done. It’s a classic example of them picking and choosing. 

1 minute ago, Salem said:

He’s like any other kid moving into a new district. The administration looked at his paperwork and did not see a problem with his eligibility. He started the season and was injured in game 1 and missed game 2. In the meantime TSSAA gets an anonymous tip and opens an official inquiry. The player was officially cleared on Sept 6th. No reason for him not to play. 

that's how we see it.  Except for some unknown person(s) who sent in another complaint afterwards for the same thing.  

6 minutes ago, Salem said:

But I wouldn't let someone play before I got that letter just for that puspose. Doesn't matter if you think you are right in your actions in something like that until you get the official o.k. in this instance it was a letter deeming him eligible on the date of the 3rd game. Just saying myself I wouldn't have chanced it.

Edited by Imthayeti
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

But I wouldn't let someone play before I got that letter just for that puspose. Doesn't matter if you think you are right in your actions in something like that until you get the official o.k. in this instance it was a letter deeming him eligible on the date of the 3rd game. Just saying myself I wouldn't have chanced it.

Does every kid that transfers get an official TSSAA letter or just the ones with inquiries? I think that’s the issue there was no reason from the school to have a concern about his eligibility based on the info they had at the start of the season.

Edited by Salem
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Salem said:

Does every kid that transfers get an official TSSAA letter or just the ones with inquiries? I think that’s the issue there was no reason from the school to have a concern about his eligibility based on the info they had at the start of the season.

Sounds like the school is the one who approaches the subject. They thanked the school for doing the proper steps before asking for eligibility. Unless i read it wrong.Screenshot_20191027-221938_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a921b2a3a29628037bfc73c1e90fdfb4.jpg

Sounds like they weren't sure or they wouldn't have inquired anyhow. Its listed as transfer student athlete. Obviously non athletes wouldn't have to apply.

Edited by Imthayeti
  • Like 1

Anyhow, work comes early. Good luck on this. I believe Fayetteville tried to do the right thing. I do believe they let him play earlier than the Letter actually oked him as being legal. The whole bus thing is just a terrible technicality. Obviously a rule, but I sincerely doubt they tried to slip one bye on anyone.

Edited by Imthayeti

1 hour ago, Varo said:

i beg to differ.  The school provided all pertinent information at the first inquiry, and nothing has changed with the student/family unit since that time.  

Did the school provide information to that Childress man that the player in question did not live in an area service by a school bus for that District?

8 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Did the school provide information to that Childress man that the player in question did not live in an area service by a school bus for that District?

After the second round of anonymous complaint(s), the school again submitted whatever documentation to the Assistant Director Menees.  At the time of the meeting, he put whatever paperwork they gave him into a folder.  He did not read or review it at that time is what I have been told.  Apparently that Childress man is on leave of some sort and they (AD Menees) refuse(d) to contact him about the situation.  My contention is that from what I have been able to read in the TSSAA by-laws, there are/is no provision for someone other than the Director to initiate and rule in this situation.  Nor to implement this type of judgement. 

The appeals meeting scheduled for Tuesday @ 1 pm will be attended by eight of the eleven board members.  I am under the impression that a 4-4 split in voting will not overturn the decision. 

There are a lot of rumors locally about who is/are the complainants.  One of them is a former school admin that previously worked closely with AD Menees and the TSSAA.  I hate to use the term "whistleblower" because that implies that there was some wrongdoing going on.  That is not the case.  I am leaning towards "disgruntled former employee" and "vendetta".  

• Like 2