Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

7 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I am very confused also,i agree something hasnt been brought to light.If a student has a valid change of address to the county,city whatever of said school he "should" be eligible automatically (after clearing of course).There are clauses about a student that has been in trouble at another school and transfers but that dont seem to be the case.

4 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

I’m right there with ya..confused! Guess it’s a wait and see game for now. Maybe the TSSAA will enlighten everyone after the appeal.

I hope someone is there to give a detailed report of this issue.  They can redact names and addresses but how and why did this occur.  What could have been done to avoid this? 

I don't wanna read an article that says the Association upheld their ruling.  Or they overturned their ruling.  Put it out there for folks to read and understand.  Understanding helps prevent future mistakes.  Isn't that what we all want to avoid?

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, PullinGuard said:

Varo can respond for sure, but this is exactly how I understand it.  Any kid in LC is welcome at Fayetteville HS and always has been.  Ruling says that since this kid is outside of the city and not served by a bus route (in-city routes only), that he's ineligible.

100% guaranteed Lincoln County has kids in the opposite situation.  Live in the city (no county buses pick up in town), play at LCHS.  Only difference is, no playoffs for LCHS.

As I've noted, definitely kids playing at Huntland who aren't served by a Huntland bus route (open zoning in FC, but bus routes are specific to schools). 

If City cheated, they should be punished. If any school cheats, they should be punished. The rules should be the same for everyone. No exceptions. City should have put his dad on coaching staff. Prob solved.

59 minutes ago, phil24 said:

If City cheated, they should be punished. If any school cheats, they should be punished. The rules should be the same for everyone. No exceptions. City should have put his dad on coaching staff. Prob solved.

And if it’s a personal vendetta that is not and was never legitimate, then it should be corrected. 

1 hour ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

And this was a transfer last year in December or January? 

I saw a screenshot that showed said player from his own social media of him in a sparkman high AL jersey from March and in a Fayetteville jersey in August. Not trying to make it any more confusing. I for one hope it gets overturned. As a Cornersville fan, he didn't have a part in their win against us. He did play, was intercepted twice and hobbled again early. ST can back me up on that one. Their other QB is who killed us.

9 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

I saw a screenshot that showed said player from his own social media of him in a sparkman high AL jersey from March and in a Fayetteville jersey in August. Not trying to make it any more confusing. I for one hope it gets overturned. As a Cornersville fan, he didn't have a part in their win against us. He did play, was intercepted twice and hobbled again early. ST can back me up on that one. Their other QB is who killed us.

When was the picture taken and was it in a game?  I’ve been aware of him having been at Fayetteville much longer, but in any event, he simply had to be there by August to be eligible. 

I noticed that a poster in the Fay/Cornersville thread said on Oct 5th that a kid would be disqualified later, acc’d to an official who had told him (falsely stated that the kid lives in Alabama).  Didn’t an official make this ruling?  Why would the TSSAA plan a ruling and delay it until after all district games are over?  Seem like pretty good questions that should be answered. 

Edited by PullinGuard