1A State Championship Lake County vs Greenback

orngnblk

32 minutes ago, THE KING said:

I hope we can get competitive and host the kees in a big game up here. I can imagine having onb, nation, and 91landers sitting around my kitchen table playing cards. All of a sudden,  gdf comes up to me and i say "is something on your mind? He says, "just wanted you to know you're sitting in my chair" :roflol:

Me to. I would love to meet some Greenback fans. Seem like really good people.

9 hours ago, pujo said:

Truth be known, you don't have a kid on the team that couldn't be sidelined by a more talented player. Its OK when its someone elses kid, wouldn't be so great if was you're own. Alot more important  lessons to be taught than winning state titles at any costs.

Pujo, Old Pirate says folkes knowds GB reputation. Bottom line is their dependence on having a tribe of many nations. Them GB spewed ever fake reason known to man fer reason of transfers. New School, Beautiful view fer students, Great youth program won middle school championship- how does affect 2019, Great Education - (1 year education) as reason the seniors transferred , Fake Honey Hole mess, Great Coaches - Ryan didn’t know what he was goin to but applied at another school. Truth is simple, GB hopes of being relevant lay squarely on their lone stud. They orchestrated immediate help to aid their vision. That practice fer immediate relevance has been a norm by some per their reputation. BTW, You have really secured a Real reputation when newspaper articles are written addressing your dependence on transfers fer help. Orchestrators Win, as well they should!

Edited by OLD PIRATE

37 minutes ago, rlh said:

They beat Meigs Co 20 - 6 in 1980 and SP 20 - 12 in 1985.  They were runners up to Alcoa in 1977, 1979 and SP in 1994.   All but the 1994 games were in the A-AA-AAA system.  They also made playoff appearances in 1969 and 1972.

Thanks for the info.  Looks like both teams going for their 3rd gold ball.

10 hours ago, pujo said:

How do you people feel about the 4 Greenback kids who got sent to the sidelines. If mine was one of them, I'd be just a tad angry. Winning is not all its cut out to be. Doing the right thing is MUCH bigger.

That’s fine you don’t like to win and didn’t transfer your son to Greenback. But I really hope you raise your son to be a better loser than you.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, pujo said:

Read a lot about Lake Co losing their kids to other nearby schools over the years, glad they were able to keep um in house this time. 

This is very true. Dyer County/Dyersburg has taken several talented kids from LC over the past decade. The best running back in Dyer county history was taken from LC (Andre Flowers). Dyersburg stole Kevin Spencer from LC, he went to Naval Academy to play football. If we would have had him in 2017 I fully believe we would have had a gold ball that year. Dyer county hurt us the most on the baseball side though, they took several baseball players from us, including Paxton Stover, he went on to play at Vanderbilt for 3 years. Luckily the past several years less kids have been leaving so the future looks a bit more bright at the moment

• CoachT locked this topic